It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Clearly this is madness at the highest degree

page: 1
8
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Please, help me out here if I put this in the wrong spot, my apologies, but it does feel like there is a lot of madness going on in the political arena since Mr. Trump took over.

He has an agenda clearly, but where do politics end and government begin?

I hate politics, so you will not see me here very often, offering an opinion about the subject matter, but I just felt the need to insert my feelings about the situation involving immigrants.

This a government of the people, by the people and for the people, immigrants included.

I understand the need to regulate "illegal" immigrants and to protect our borders from terrorists. I don't agree with the way it is being done.

Mr. Trump has brought his "reality tv" personality to the White House and made a mockery out of the process. It feels more like a communistic and tyrannical approach, rather than the democratic one we were supposedly founded on.

Does he have a heart at all? Doesn't he understand the families that are being torn apart? It really is sad to be traveling somewhere only to be told even though you have the proper visa and made arrangements to go to America or abroad, only to be kept in confinement for absolutely no wrong doing at all.

I don't get this madness at all. I am so hurt and saddened by it all. When does it end? Doesn't Congress serve the American people? Why haven't they stepped in to rectify this insanity?

I will admit I do not like Mr. Trump and I did not vote for him. I did think I would at least give him a chance to do something first before I judged him. I did. I gave him a chance and he basically said screw all of you. I am the Boss now of America, and what I say goes.

It took all of 10 days for him to show the world, much less America, what we can come to expect from here out as long as he is the president, there will obviously be no diplomacy and executive orders will be written daily until every agenda he has is put into effect, regardless of the people hurt along the way.

Really, he is no better than that dictator from N. Korea. He has managed to alienate 90% of the world so far, and the other 10% are oblivious, but will soon figure it out, too.

It is a sad sad day every day this man continues to be president and that rabbit hole that swallowed Alice is going to swallow us too.

This concludes my first political/government commentary and likely my last.



+30 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

Educate yourself with facts, stay off of Facebook and study some history as to the actions of past presidents! All I am seeing is feelings and someone who has allowed themselves to be emotionally manipulated........







posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

I do not think you have given him a chance.



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

Didn't you get your memo?



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   


Really, he is no better than that dictator from N. Korea. He has managed to alienate 90% of the world so far, and the other 10% are oblivious, but will soon figure it out, too.


I suggest watching the video in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...


+7 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

what utter bollox :


This a government of the people, by the people and for the people, immigrants included.


by your standards f someione breaks into you house - its thier home too

because thats what your message is


+2 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

1. You've never lived within a Communist nation. While I was spared such a faith my family was not so lucky. Some claim Communism was a better system than the state of the nation now and while I can see that point, I am sure it is much better to have your family in place rather than dragged to Siberia for forced labor. Here we have opportunity, under communism or any tyrannical system we would lack that.

2. If the action to limit illegal immigration were tyrannical it would be illegal, but as the case is it is given to the POTUS and Executive branch via the Immigration and Nationality Act and USC 1182.

3. He is doing what he said he would. We voted for him for a reason, that's quite the opposite of a tyrant.

4. Go move to N. Korea. This OP seems senseless.

With all your claims of tyranny, comparison to N. Korea for crying out loud, and questioning his heart. Yes he has a large heart, but it first lies with the American people, not those beyond our borders. Yes he will help those people, but only after this short duration of time in which perhaps we will be able to better vet them. Again, move to N. Korea.
edit on 1-2-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2017 by ksiezyc because: No idea how i had such a yuge typo



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   


Really, he is no better than that dictator from N. Korea. He has managed to alienate 90% of the world so far, and the other 10% are oblivious, but will soon figure it out, too.



Do any of you understand that he is enforcing laws that were already written? Obama himself wrote some of them. As was already shown, several past Presidents have done the same thing, yet the Left is losing their collective minds over Trump. Where were you when Obama did it? Tell me where were all the protests? Can't? You know why? Because the Left and the MSM covered Obama's ass from day one and You All Fell For It.

How is your "Trump is Hitler" attitude now?


+3 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Folks just aren't used to a President upholding existing law and telling beauracracy to get off its duff with EO's and do its job.

Trump is not making new law nor has Congress passed any nor is Trump making it up- it's all longstanding law that a former lawless administration ignored.



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

Politics is a cruel and unforgiving profession. Donald J Trump isn't a politician unfettered by the norms and protocols generally afforded by the Washington meat-grinder. I am glad you "gave him a chance". He deserved that much. But something you said gives away your naivete (that's not a pejorative attacking your character/knowledge/experience - possibly a byproduct of your "hate" of politics, which is completely understandable):




I am the Boss now of America, and what I say goes.


Mr. Bannon is the Boss. Make no mistake about it. Trump is doing exactly as he promised on the campaign trail, but the behind the scenes machinations are a product of Bannon's ideology and conscious.

I didn't have a dog in the HRC/DJT fight, so I have ZERO preconceived notions of what America should look like with DJT as prez, but I do worry the longer Bannon is in the inner sanctum the less I can believe in "Making America Great Again".


+1 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

I feel badly for you. Honestly, I really mean that, because I can tell you are probably a very nice person.

But you have been misled.

Stop listening to the restatements of others about what is happening. Even from me or others on this board.

Use your own head. Research. Study. Stay objective and then draw your own conclusions.

I feel confident you may actually change your view.


edit on 1-2-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
When people say they hate politics, I usually ask if they own a home, rent a home, purchase groceries, drive a car, produce waste, use local services? It's all politics.

Trump hasn't peed off 90% of the world, although if you were to believe the MSM it may come across as if he has.

Trump was democratically elected whether you or anyone is upset by this, it's democracy in action. Some claim he isn't qualified to be POTUS, well who truly is? Clinton certainly wasn't and I honestly believe the U.S dodged a bullet by turning their backs on her.



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweetypie215




...has brought his "reality tv" personality to the White House... and everything that comes after




Oh god, this meme...

This was an insult I once used a looong time ago when I was pulling for Cruz, he lost, I got behind trump and dropped it because it was politics, didn't serve a purpose anymore and was not an actual thing. At least not now. I don't tend to just repeat things I hear unless it's an actual deal. So I'm not just going to hold his past against him for just...some reason..Cruz lost like what...last century. I've been blissfully paying no attention ever since because anyone but miss world war three is fine...ahhh....




The immigration order is virtually word for word the same thing Obama imposed with very little attention paid or resistance. Lol where was the complaining then..
edit on 1-2-2017 by breakingbs because: stupid autocorrect



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
All of these complaints have been discussed at length all over the ATS forums.




posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I suggest watching the video in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good suggestion from neo96, OP. Here it is. Will you watch it and then comment please? Good luck to you as you start to dig deeper into the information being fed you.




posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: sweetypie215

I feel badly for you. Honestly, I really mean that, because I can tell you are probably a very nice person.

But you have been misled.

Stop listening to the restatements of others about what is happening. Even from me or others on this board.

Use your own head. Research. Study. Stay objective and then draw your own conclusions.

I feel confident you may actually change your view.



If only everyone would think for themselves we would be moving forward. Also, most see changing their point of view as a weakness instead of a strength. Those who adapt survive!!



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

Are you concern trolling?

It seems so because you didn't try to find facts and compare them to the past and compare them to your past beliefs about what actions are okie doke.

How do you propose to "regulate" illegal immigrations? Give amnesty again? like Reagan? It worked so well didn't it. Amnesty solves nothing.
How to solve illegal immigration? A wall, welfare cutting, deportation, making mexicans improve their corrupt crappy government to be more free market instead of running away.



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweetypie215
Does he have a heart at all?


No.

Just watch the change in expression on his wife's face during the inauguration.

He's 70 years old. Long lost the sensitivities of youth.



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweetypie215

He has an agenda clearly, but where do politics end and government begin?

I hate politics, so you will not see me here very often, offering an opinion about the subject matter, but I just felt the need to insert my feelings about the situation involving immigrants.


Your feelings are irrelevant. Trump was elected to run the country and he is. He hit the ground running and is doing exactly what he said he would during his campaign, unlike most presidents in history, particularly those in recent years.


This a government of the people, by the people and for the people, immigrants included.

I understand the need to regulate "illegal" immigrants and to protect our borders from terrorists.  I don't agree with the way it is being done.


No, the Constitution applies to United States citizens only. Immigrants have limited protections because they are, duh, not citizens.


Mr. Trump has brought his "reality tv" personality to the White House and made a mockery out of the process.  It feels more like a communistic and tyrannical approach, rather than the democratic one we were supposedly founded on.


No, he is running the country as the Founders intended in our Founding documents.

Read the Constitution.


Does he have a heart at all?  Doesn't he understand the families that are being torn apart?  It really is sad to be traveling somewhere only to be told even though you have the proper visa and made arrangements to go to America or abroad, only to be kept in confinement for absolutely no wrong doing at all.


There is no place for emotion in running a country. He is doing the job of President as it was intended to be done.

It is a fallacy, aka Fake News, that people with families have been denied entry. They were only temporarily detained while their papers and credentials were properly vetted. Then they were sent on their way.

Stop spreading blatant bulls**t.


I don't get this madness at all.  I am so hurt and saddened by it all.  When does it end?  Doesn't Congress serve the American people?  Why haven't they stepped in to rectify this insanity?


Again, read the Constitution. You do not even know how the government is intended to function. Congress, as the Legislative Branch, makes law. The Executive Branch (President) enforces the law. The Judicial Branch interprets it.

The power of Congress is, intentionally, limited as party of the system of checks and balances that prevents our governmental structure from misfiring.


I gave him a chance and he basically said screw all of you.  I am the Boss now of America, and what I say goes.


Gasp, he acted like a President and did/does the job as intended by the Founders and the Constitution.


It took all of 10 days for him to show the world, much less America, what we can come to expect from here out as long as he is the president, there will obviously be no diplomacy and executive orders will be written daily until every agenda he has is put into effect, regardless of the people hurt along the way.

He has managed to alienate 90% of the world so far, and the other 10% are oblivious, but will soon figure it out, too.


Please provide your source(s) for these statistics.


This concludes my first political/government commentary and likely my last.


The only intelligent thing you have said.



posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

It's just my opinion, so don't chastise me. I have to believe that Trump went into office with a multi-step plan/goal to obtain. He believes that steps in his plan will require such things as the temporary immigration policy until the full plan is in it's final stages.

The big picture is a ways out there. Perhaps it is good judgment after all is said and done.

Wait for the big picture.




top topics



 
8
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join