It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clearly this is madness at the highest degree

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs

The immigration order is virtually word for word the same thing Obama imposed with very little attention paid or resistance. Lol where was the complaining then..

Counterpoint: Where was the praise for him from then?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

1) It is a government by the people and for the people. The Republicans won the white house, house, and senate. Also, the majority of Americans are in favor of the TEMPORARY ban on immigration from OBAMA'S list of countries that provide particular potential terror threats. Of course, if you're watching/reading the MSN they won't tell you that.
2) Immigrants actually don't have any rights before they're admitted. That's pretty much the same in every country.
3) Vetting isn't a process exclusive to the USA. We rely on information from other countries. If we can't get that information from a particular country AND they sponsor terrorism... well, how about instead of just yelling and making signs the left actually come up with a better idea. In the meantime, we can't let people in.
4) My home city alone has had two knife attacks by Somali immigrants in less than a year, injury 20+ people and putting a business that had been around forever out of business, which impacted even more people. One of those was a kid who belonged to a family that had spent some time in Afghanistan. For how long? What did they do there? No one knows, but inept policy's like Obama's let them right in anyway. Now, imagine he made a bomb instead, or got his hands on a gun?
5) Christians are getting priority in the countries on the list because they're being locked in cages and set on fire. That's a bit more inconvenient that losing your home to bombing.
6) Your hyperbole makes no one want to take you seriously, ever. "That dictator," Jong-un or Kim would have been easier to type as if you don't even know his name, is actually just a little different. He executes members of his own family, places his citizens in work camps while the rest of the country starves, and actually threatens his neighbors with war on pretty much a daily basis. So, just a few differences there. Probably easy to miss, even for a well-informed person like you.

I'm sorry, your feels (or anyone else's) are just going to have to be put on hold for roughly another 100 days or so while the person elected by the people and for the people tries to actually do something. Which, by the way, sure seems like he's already accomplished more than Obama did in his whole first term.
Facebook memes are garbage, as is the mainstream media. Read the executive order for yourself. That would be a mighty fine start. Actually, I'm shocked adults need to be told this. "I'm so hurt?" Are you? Are you really? Because you clearly don't have even a particle of a clue. Guess what, though? Be hurt. No one cares. It's your problem to deal with. Your party disenfranchised it's own supporters, and now just screams and calls them names. Plan on being hurt for quite a while unless you think of something else to do besides make signs and rally around your precious echo chamber.

Man, these pretzels are making me thirsty.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

He had this way of doing things without anyone noticing, this includes surgical bombings but "who cares" right as long as you've got that winning smile..

link   
"originally posted by: sweetypie215
Does he have a heart at all? "

With all due respect, do not think with your heart, use the organ that was designed for thinking. If we all thought with our hearts we'd all be screwed, we need to think with our brain then with what comes from that thought we need to carefully consider what is left with our hearts.
If we were all 'only touchy-feely' we'd be a nation that is a goner.

With all due respect, I know that you mean well.
edit on 1-2-2017 by recrisp because: I forgot to add the quoted paste...

link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

originally posted by: breakingbs

The immigration order is virtually word for word the same thing Obama imposed with very little attention paid or resistance. Lol where was the complaining then..

Counterpoint: Where was the praise for him from then?

Question: Where was the massive protests and shutting down airports then? I can play this game all day!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The praise for him has been consistent throughout. He's seriously been called the best president ever, lol.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.gq.com...
michaelbaisden.com...

Hell, if you can find even a single time Rolling Stone criticized Obama, I'll buy you dinner.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We refer to him now as Mr.President. Not Mr.Trump......start with the due respect of the office, whether or not you like the man.a reply to: sweetypie215

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I know right? Obama paved the way for this specific immigration policy that everyone ignored because it didn't fit the narrative of either side.

Bush bombs people the left call him a warmonger, the right say he's tough on terror.

Obama bombs people the right call him a warmonger, the left says he has a strong policy in the Middle East.

When Trump does it he's going to be a war monger to the left an tough on terror to the right.

I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

To the people that support him yes. To the people that didn't support him nothing he did was ever positive. Even if they agree with it now, like this immigration policy.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's becoming quite clear "clouded by emotion" is a very prevalent attribute among the the women on the left...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

a reply to: bender151

To the people that support him yes. To the people that didn't support him nothing he did was ever positive. Even if they agree with it now, like this immigration policy.

Wrong!

Perhaps some took that attitude, but even though I voted for I believe Gary Johnson on Obamas first run, I accepted him as the President and sat back and watched his actions versus his words he used to get elected. Unfortunately, his actions spoke louder than his empty promises.

I still didn't see people on the streets wreaking havoc and beating people up, burning and destroying property though from those of us whom were unhappy with Obama and his policies..........

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I support Trump.

Bush was wrong on both invasions. If they did not want to hand Osama over, special forces get him.
Geopolitically Aghanistan and Iraq make sense at least

Obama was wrong as well. One difference is I do not even understand the objectives of the Obama. Geopolitically his moves make sense if he was trying to radicalize the ME. Taking out Gaddaffi, Benghazi, and Hillary laughing about it was one of the weirdest things in US history.
Obama limp wristed Syria which is even worse than getting out or going all out. Pick one, end the conflict or leave the conflict.

If Trump ends the refugee crisis which is at least a noble goal, I will not disagree with him as much. Special ops in Yemen I do not like but then again see my Bush comment above, I'd rather special op than DOW a nation.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

It is true..hypocrisy exists on both sides..

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Well there were plenty of people that considered Obama "not my President".

You're not wrong about the protests. I wish these people would have been on the ball when Obama left his populist message and became a corporatist, personally.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I feel badly for you. Honestly, I really mean that, because I can tell you are probably a very nice person.

But you have been misled.

Yeah these "alternate facts" paints a clear picture. When Trump Airlines went bust the alternative facts were 'Trump airlines is alive and well.' Google Trumps failed businesses and see the results. Yes the end of TPP was a good move and yes the Democrats are not exactly angels themselves but when the rest of the world is laughing at the US and when the world asks 'WTF were the voters thinking?' questions need to be asked.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
It's becoming quite clear "clouded by emotion" is a very prevalent attribute among the the women on the left...

And the men. I'm sure you've seen the protests.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Well there were plenty of people that considered Obama "not my President".

You're not wrong about the protests. I wish these people would have been on the ball when Obama left his populist message and became a corporatist, personally.

Then why are you defending them?

The real Democratic party is being taking over by a lunatic fringe and instead of taking things personally by those of us bringing attention to those on the extreme you guys defend them instead of condemning their actions! You have no idea how many Democrats I converted to a Trump vote just by showing them the violent protests at our colleges against Conservative students!

The Democratic Party has a disease, and instead of attacking those of us bringing up the abhorrent behavior to protect your party, you should seriously take a look at getting some chemo therapy to destroy the tumor that is killing your party?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just adding my 2cents to everyone using the "rest of the world....." Seriously how do any of you know what the rest of the world is thinking? I'm from the RSA and everyone I've spoken too think's the USA has made a decent choice in President Trump, when his decision stops putting America first to/for Americans that's when you should start worrying.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Okay, thank you all for your replies. I am guessing most of you have no idea what it is like to deal with the immigration process or have not been affected by these so called laws he is supposed to be following. America was built on immigration and Mr. trump is a hypocrite. I guarantee you his family is not from America somewhere down the line and I will , also, guarantee you that in his business he has employed 1000's of "illegal" immigrants and managed to look the other way.

As I said, I will not be inclined to post anymore on the subject, but you are woefully and mistaken that what he is doing is acceptable, especially morally. He is a cold heart reptilian with no empathy and a coward full of hatred and hypocrisy.

No. I gave him all the chance he deserves and he gets no support from me on the way he has handled this.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sweetypie215

It's good that you not linger here... as you can see it's a den of vipers and people who have no clue what's going on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join