It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is consciousness located?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Where is consciousness located?

For the majority of humans alive and that will be alive here on earth. All of conscious it is located or I should say more like routed in the the Magellan constellations decoded by way of three main conduits being Jupiter, Saturn and the Moon into via the receptor you call your brain and then latter filtered by your mind into the world you see around you.

With the main data banks holding all this and more being in the Andromeda constellation, on one of the planets there, in one of the systems there. Though I am not sure you would call it a planet, as its just about 3 times the size of our moon.

But yes! All of the people that have existed, and will exist, in this part of the galaxy, is just some of data held there for these past few million years, or at least this current cycle and crop of what you would call life, intelligent or otherwise is primarily just a matter of what current body type it or they inhabit and there in limitations.

As you can see it is quite a simple matter to figure out just were conscious is located, however it does not always reside there. So you can say that were it actually resides at any one point in time and space is a transitory matter.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

yeah i truly think consciousness was figured out by our ancient ancestors and coded into ancient holy texts. After the ancient cataclysm the new rulers of the world tried to wipe out any of that knowledge for the past couple thousand years.

Many people who were teaching this science have been martyred in our past.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: namelesss

Im gonna make a bold assumption and make a claim;" You do not have a spirit nor a conscious,but you do have a loooot of soul "

You are so right!
I don't 'have' a spirit, nor do I 'have' a Consciousness... nor do I 'have' a Soul!!
Yet, I also, Am!
(I don't care what they say, I Love you anyway! *__-)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
To really understand this I suggest that you take this test:
www.philosophersnet.com...
Personal identity is more complicated than you think.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

The body is a one-to-one ratio with consciousness, or in other words, both are one in the same.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Take the test and perhaps you'll think differently.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Take the test and perhaps you'll think differently.

I'd rather not.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

So you don't want to learn and understand something? About this topic?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Tell me, where is fancy bred?
In the heart, or in the head?

It's an emergent property of large neural nets. You have a big one that's amazingly competent considering it's made out of meat.

One day, we'll ferret out the whole cognitive feedback/default neural net thing they're bearing down on in zettaflop-scale computing. They're all worried about emergent behavior, although that doesn't hit the headlines. Often.

It's sort of possible that if They® get the goods on this part, you'll be able to build cats and dogs in your PC before a decade is out. It's all in the core bits. HAL9000 might be here already, in some lab.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

You can ferret out a copy of yourself, if that is possible?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You can ferret out a copy of yourself, if that is possible?

Sadly, you'd have to read the connection weights on billions of neurons, plus a map of the connections. And possibly medium term corrections/patterns held in RNA.

BUT. The big thing is, why are mammals all conscious to some degree? What's different between a piglet and, say, a flatworm, other than complexity? Mammals have certain types of cognitive feedback and default mode networks that lower critters don't.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Take the test I linked and you might understand.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Take the test I linked and you might understand.

High school Prisoner's Dilemma crap?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

High school Prisoner's Dilemma crap?

Guess you didn't take the test.
The answer is no.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Wow, that was pitiful. I'd give the writer of that maybe high school senior or frosh status in college as far as philosophy goes.

If you stipulate as part of the question that a 'soul' has been proven scientifically, then you're going to get answers based on the question's stated guidelines. It's barmy to say "oh, you didn't believe in a soul the first two questions, FAIL", when you explicitly state that the current question presupposes the scientific proof of a soul.

The site looks unprofessional, the 'test' is as well. Surely you can do better than that.

eta: have you ever actually had any competent philosophy courses?
edit on 1-2-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

So basically you do not understand "personal identity"?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

So basically you do not understand "personal identity"?

Sure I do. I just don't believe in religious explanations for it. Nor do I think much of your 'test'. Sartre would weep.

eta: oh, by the way, please - no Cartesian dualism. It causes an implied recursive descent. It's all turtles.
edit on 1-2-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I never brought up the religious aspect of it, you did.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I never brought up the religious aspect of it, you did.

Invocation of 'soul' is religious, no matter how you twist and dodge.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

"Personal identity" is not religious.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join