It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is consciousness located?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The post above was for nameless, I can bet that a movie is a shared experience, cause it is shared by the " sooooooul "

Everything we share by the " sooooooooooooul " is usually universal

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I remember reading a claim saying our memories and consciousness is located in the so called "dark matter". As we are travelling through space, our brain passes thru this matter whlist writting the data and recalling upon its request it said. Wanted to share the idea.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Which drug are you referring to?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: Macenroe82

Consciousness is located in the 'Field' above us. There is a book on this.

It's why Scientists upon cutting out 80% of a brain, find, that their subject can still remember everything.

Perhaps the pineal gland has something to do with the connection to it's field? And why people (not all) seem to have this herd mentality. Im only speculating on that though.

Very true, I have experienced incredible things when trying to find out where it was.

It came from above mostly, amazing if you get the guts to try and access it fully.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

a reply to: boozo

Even Jesus stated could make the rocks sing.

He realized nothing was impossible.

Being able to combine all realities into one great one is the ultimate goal, time to try again!

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

That was pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Being able to combine all realities into one great one is the ultimate goal, time to try again!

I figured if anybody could do it that it would be you Dr Manhattan.

edit on 1-2-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Salander

Did you mean to say 'Chakra'?

We have fields around us referred to as Chakras yes, I have no idea how they're connected to the energy field above us. I suspect it does correlate however with how we function.

Probably, LOL. Bad spelling on my part.

I find those energy fields to be fascinating.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

This isn't a response to everything you wrote by any means, but I took that website for a spin and many of my separate descriptions contradicted each other pretty badly.
"You do not enjoy the responsibilities that come with leadership"

"You take on responsibilities willingly"

I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on that website. Everything else you said was very interesting to mull over though.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
I was listening to the BBC today while driving. The subject of what consciousness is came up and it really began to send me down the rabbit hole.

Have you ever thought about were our consciousness originates in our bodies? What makes us...us I guess?
Is it our brain that holds the key to who each of us are? Or is it something much more.

Are we nothing more than wiring, intertwined in such a way that allows us to make decisions for ourselves, allows each of us to be different from each other.
Scientists believed they had pin pointed where our consciousness lies within a part of our brain.
Then this man sort of ruined that theory

www.sciencealert.com...

If you don't feel like reading the link, it basically talks about a man, who had 90% of his brain deteriorate. Most people would think someone with only 10% of their brain, still living tissue, that the person would be a vegetable.
But no, this gent lived a pretty normal life, had a job, wife and 2 kids. But over the course of 30 years or so, his brain essentially turned to fluid. He only realized this once he went to the doctor to see what was causing his left leg to be weak.

So if 90% of this man brain melted away, was he just lucky enough that the reamaing 10% just so happened to house his consciousness?

Then i started thinking, At what point in our development from an embryo, does that magical spark happen and we become ourselves? Obviously we are alive at the embryo stage. We grow, we need the basics to live - oxygen, blood, a source of protein.

I have to admit, this talk I listened to today, really got my mind in overdrive.

Sir you have written the best OP I have ever read on ATS since 2010, I applaud. I have always surmised since a article came out that found quantum vibrations in the brain, that we are connected to a single source somewhere anywhere any time, through what Einstein called "Spooky action at a distance" I surmise that this Spooky action also can apply through time and dimensions.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Trying to figure out the answer to everything isn't 42 would only drive a person mad. But i've heard from various sources that mj can make that happen!

edit on 1-2-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Yes they are very interesting aren't they. Im finding the crown chakra and colour of great interest right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I think people try too hard to achieve things rather than letting it just happen naturally. That's how i do it.

No effort involved. When you try to force it, it's like walking through mud, the mind is powerful and it will fight against you when you try to hard.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hi Night Star,

I was reading this thread and when I came across your post I just had to sign up and say hi. I myself have a pre birth memory and have never had anyone mention or share such a memory. I don't mind sharing mine here- My memory is of an old man with a white beard holding me as an infant in his arms and looking at me with complete adornment. He was seated on a chair in a very blue room and as I remember there was anything fantastical about him. Everything was blue in this room, kinda weird. I was looking at him from across the room while he was holding me as well as looking up at him from his arms kinda at the same time. Don't know how else to describe that part. The last part of that memory was me going down a blue slide tunnel.
I think I was about 6 years old when I asked my mother ' which day care was that where the nice old man that loved me would hold me in a blue room', my mom laughed and said - I only went to one day care, and there was never an old man there nor a blue room. It was one big open room on the inside and a bunch of teenaged girls worked there. I've had other very interesting experiences which I imagine I'll share on here sometime. Thanks. reply to: Night Star

edit on 1-2-2017 by Thunderroad56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

interesting links

arxiv.org...

www.ucl.ac.uk...

link.springer.com...

quantum-mind.co.uk...
edit on 1-2-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash
What led you to your conclusion about the universe and consciousness?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Now.. if you went into a Bar and asked that same Question,

Where Is Consciousness Located, I'll bet you a million dollars you'd receive a perverted response!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Now.. if you went into a Bar and asked that same Question,

Where Is Consciousness Located, I'll bet you a million dollars you'd receive a perverted response!

- Deez neutrinos
- her black hole
- eyes are the seat of the soul, and thighs are the meat by the hole
- let's merge realities

Welp that' s all I could come with at the moment. Glad I could contribute.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think our brain is a transceiver and our consciousness resides outside of this subset reality. If this is a simulation created by consciousness, which there is a substantial amount of growing evidence for, the simulation can't 'process' itself. The 'processor', or consciousness, has to reside outside of it. The bodies here are avatars of sorts.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: spacemanjupiter

I think my brain melt like 3 hrs ago.

Right now i'm running on a substantial amount of inconclusive evidence based on nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join