It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is consciousness located?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Maybe there is only consciousness.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: Macenroe82

Consciousness is located in the 'Field' above us. There is a book on this.

It's why Scientists upon cutting out 80% of a brain, find, that their subject can still remember everything.

Perhaps the pineal gland has something to do with the connection to it's field? And why people (not all) seem to have this herd mentality. Im only speculating on that though.

Isn't that field referred to by some as "shakra"?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Quantum mechanics.
Our brains are electrical.
We send messages/thoughts to the universe.
The universe responds.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Maybe there is only consciousness.

If consciousness requires something to be conscious of such as thoughts feelings and senses and a conscious subjective experiencer of these perceptions then
what is aware of consciousness itself?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: boozo
I've yet to obe while aware of it. They say we all do it, we just don't all have a recollection of it.

No. We all don't do obe.

There are basically two body types: those that can obe and return to life, and those that can't until they die.

There's also a mix of body types in-between that experience more or less difficulties with the obe phenomenon.

According to "The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali", there are 5 ways to accomplish things like obe:
1) born with special body type;
2) by taking drugs (herbs);
3) by chanting special mantras (or prayers);
4) by practicing austerities;
5) by yogic concentration.

Taking special drugs (herbs) is the fastest and surest way.

According to The Gospel of Thomas, however, it's also dangerous.

"That which you have will save you if you bring it forth from yourselves. That which you do not have within you will kill you if you do not have it within you." -- The Gospel of Thomas #70

So, if you're not born with the right body type, and take the drug, you die.

If you have the right body type, and take the drug, you "discover" eternal life of the spirit "by experience", and dwell and travel about in that world, proving to yourself, there's no death.

The drug is actually a poison, that puts parts of the body to sleep, i.e. it paralyzes the muscles, but leave the individual conscious. This allows the astral body to disconnect and leave the physical, then float around in spirit.

Every Pope goes though this initiation, to make contact with the spirit world, in order to reign as supreme pontiff.

On becoming Pope, he drinks the ritual poison. If he survives, he has the right body type, and then rules over the church.

Pope John Paul I drank the ritual poison and died. Conspiracy theories claim he was deliberately poisoned by enemies, but that is just misdirection.

He had the wrong body type.

Many esoteric brotherhoods use this same poison to initiate members.

According to eastern philosophy, taking any drug to achieve the power of traveling in spirit is the way of the "asuras", or "demons."

The belief is that, when the soul is ready, it will be reincarnated into the right body type, and discover this ability naturally and spontaneously, just like how a flowering plant has its own time to bloom. So, the good souls wait for it.

When you force it to happen, before the soul is ready, there can be negative consequences.

Nevertheless, men will explore. And many have.

There are several different drugs (herbs) that will do the same thing.

But, another side effect of these drugs is that they sometimes lead to a fit of Epilepsy.

This happened to Supreme Court Justice Chief John G. Roberts, Jr., who suffered several times from such seizures. Poor fella, had to take the drug to enter the spiritual world, since all "top dogs" have to know how to travel in the astral world, but not all body types are perfect fit for the tasks.

The yogis say that "concentration" is the best way. Because, it's safe for everybody to do, and if you have the right body type you can enter and leave the spirit world "at will", with no side effects. If you have the wrong body type, nothing will happen, you'll just feel very relaxed.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think it's simply in our brain cells, neurons, synapses and brain chemicals....
...i.e., it is pseudo by-product of normal brain activity.

I say "pseudo by-product", because I don't think consciousness is a separate thing (or a real thing for that matter; at least not as many would consider "real"), but is only an emergent aspect of brain chemistry and brain function in organisms with complex brains.

edit on 2017-1-31 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Wtf?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Think of the Ocean.

Spirit is the Ocean.
The soul is the wave.
They come and they go and they come again.
The waves are individual but they are not separate from the Ocean.
Your Soul is the individual you, but it is not separate from the greater Spirit.
All living things have a Soul.
All these Souls create the Spirit.
And vice versa.

[nam daed no em nrut]

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
I'm really surprised to see so many new age ideas here and hardly anything of a practical origin.

There is no such thing as souls. There is no cosmic consciousness. There is nothing that makes us "special".

I believe in evolution and that it is driven by a survival instinct.

Is it that implausible that 'minds' and 'consciousness' evolved out of a Universal instinct to survive?

Energy has been evolving as it travels through the universe far longer than the collection of matter on this planet. Perhaps our conscious energy is far more evolved than our physical bodies?

If the death of the Universe is entropy, then perhaps energy has evolved/is evolving to become intelligent enough to not be bound by the Laws of Thermodynamics.

In that kind of scenario, I can entertain the idea of 'souls' -- within a loose definition that 'we' perhaps have energy that remains intelligent after our physical bodies and brains have died.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Wow! That website is scary how accurate it was.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
To understand the location of the consciousness, 1 must in mind be a BELIEVER
Out of body experience some feel they have not had, what happens when you are a sleeper?

The consciousness to 1, is the memory of the ETERNAL SOUL
Alerting the current forms the Souls take, not to make mistakes of the old...

In short you with an awakening consciousness are accessing your Higher self
This accessibility then begins to update & assist your SPIRITUAL ETERNAL HEALTH.

If you pay attention your conscious intuition shall then begin to GUIDE
But if you limit your mental capacity with doubt and ignorance, you WILL? be left behind...

Left behind what could that mean, why would the CREATOR allow this?
Perceptions of being left behind may further just equal cycles as the Eternal gain more Spiritual sense...

If some cannot acknowledge that supernatural aspect or paranormal connection that humanity has
(that somehow since ancient times manages to co-exist along side humanity in cave images-hieroglyphs-religions-stories-folklore-movies and art today) it blocks the perceptions of what the consciousness really may be.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bankaikiller

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: Bankaikiller
Where is your proof? Your opinion is not fact unfortunately.

'Facts' and 'beliefs' are the same thing!

"New study of the brain shows that facts and beliefs are processed in exactly the same way."

www.newsweek.com...

Uhh... Just no lol. You link me to an article which uses religion as a bases for the entire article lol.

I do not recall posting anything that is based on religious dogma. I might refer to it, on occasion, depending on with whom I am speaking, but, I think that you'd have to link me to a quote of mine that raised such a reaction from you.
Are you telling me that you imagine that what you accept as a 'fact', remains a 'fact' Universally?
A Universal Law?
Every 'fact' that you imagine to be a fact, even if imagined to be a 'fact' by everyone on the block or not (fallacy of numbers), all these 'facts' are seen to be True from every Perspective, ever? Anywhere?
If you are unwilling to stand and make these asinine assertions, then your initial egoic problem when I questioned your 'facts', was just that, an ego defending it's Godlike position.
I have no need of websites to think for me, I can do that myself, and I can 'defend/elucidate' anything that I offer, logically, experientially.
You won't need to go to websites to understand what I say, just ask me.

then I might take what you are saying slightly more serious.

You have to realize that there more than simply you and I reading these words.
Seeds always sprout under the appropriate conditions.
If you were interested in learning something ("take what you are saying slightly more serious"), you would ask questions, rather than beginning with "Uhh... Just no lol."
And you never did get to being specific and/or refuting anything.
All you did is demand a slew of what need to be acceptable to you, websites...
And you weren't even specific about the sites that would pass your muster... moving goalposts, if I ever saw them. (a symptom of a 'belief' defending itself)

If you wish to have an intelligent logical rational discussion, I have the table cleared, please, deliver what I said with which you take offense, and ask questions.
Such is what honest intellect does for a discussion... *__-

Where is Consciousness?
You disagree with my answer?
Present your argument!
(or stand down)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Interesting, where did you get this info? I do believe yogic concentration is a safe way to achieve this state. Can you share more?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

That was nice.

I disagree though. Some people spontaneously OBE I know a few. Some don't I know a few. And some, yes, some if not most everyone will OBE while unaware they're even doing it.

You can't tell me otherwise, because neither I nor You are 100% correct are we?

If we think we know it all, We are the most arrogant, self righteous people on the planet.

I am not that. I admit I don't have all the answers, and neither do you.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Is interesting that you posted this thread, and caught my eye just now, I have been reading a very good book, call Our eternal self it explain where our consciousness is in a very nice and simple way it tells how is not located in our brain, it have some compelling examples to show that when it comes to our true self is not limited to a brain and doesn't die when the brain dies.

Consciousness is the eternal self, ourselves true selves.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Did you mean to say 'Chakra'?

We have fields around us referred to as Chakras yes, I have no idea how they're connected to the energy field above us. I suspect it does correlate however with how we function.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I don't see your analysis as goofy, on the contrary.

I'm glad you shared your ideologies of that which you've learned towards your walk to understanding reality as we know it with me.

It's a deep subject on many levels. And many different sources exist leading down many different paths.

For example. There is the Holographic Universe theory. This theory would clash with other theories. So which one is correct? Perhaps they're all correct, or perhaps none of them are.

I will agree though, that the positive ionic polution we endure on a daily basis has become overwhelming to Society as a whole, and as a Collective. There's a deep divide, a separation must occur in order to retain that balance or chaos will result.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Galadriel

Interesting, where did you get this info? I do believe yogic concentration is a safe way to achieve this state. Can you share more?

My info comes from various sources. I've also written about these things before on ATS, including how to astral travel using concentration, via a method I read about in a Psychic Magazine when I was a teenager, using a ping pong ball cut in half and taped over the eyes, with eyes open. The trick being to get light to enter the eyes, to keep the brain awake with the "light on" signal, but to have no particular image to focus on, so that the mind can wander on it's own looking for a signal. Eventually, the mind shifts like a radio receiver tuning to the next "plane" where definite images exist, all on its own..etc..

This info is also now available all over the internet. You are sort of guided by your own interests to seek out particular things, which lead to other things, etc..then you can put all the pieces together. Google is your friend.

The main drug used to induce astral travel historically is some variant of the mandrake

Mandrake

Which was used as an anaesthetic for surgery in ancient times. And was also used by Witches, who painted the juices onto a broom stick and sat on it to absorb the poison through the lining of the genitals, thus inducing "flight" etc....

If you start there with these tips you can follow the trail, and unravel the whole story.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

If we think we know it all, We are the most arrogant, self righteous people on the planet.

If you talk to the Tibetan Buddhists, they will tell you it's all in the mind. The Mind makes up all these things.

What do we really ever know? We know our own experience. And we know the reports of other people, telling us of their experience. When we put these two things together, we construct a map of what is, or might be, from the collection of reports of various experiences.

Still, there will always be people we have left out, who may have some experience that differs from that which we think we know.

One of the things the Yogi Patanjali did, was to collect all the reports of various experiences of his times, and write them down as "sutras" in a single text. That's why "The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali" is a good book to study. What is contained in that text is not one person's experience, but the collection of all known experiences of those times.

The more you read, the more you realise that people have often taken the same things and given it a differing interpretation, recorded it differently, used different symbolisms, but there's a core there that is always the same.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Consciousness is located inside the 'Gray Hole', which is essentially a black hole and a white hole at the same time.

There is only 1 location in the Universe, the appearance of distance and separate locality is an illusion.

You see the "big bang" just happened less than .000000001 seconds ago, but it was backwards from what we normally think.

Here, I'll try to explain.
If all matter in the Universe is condensed into 1 tiny point (pre-big bang) than how can it explode outwards? Clearly gravity is so strong that all this mass will cause an infinite decompression, not an explosion outwards. But aha, therein lies the paradox, it falls infinitely inwards so therefore it "goes in to come out" on the other side of where ever infinitely inwards leads to.

So the big bang actually had to have started with an implosion and this Universe is expanding inwards infinitely, so therefore there is only 1 location in the entire time-space continuum, and that is exactly where your consciousness is located.

This is all also a holographic illusion at the same time, and so therefore nothing exists except your consciousness which has been imported from another fake universe and so on and so forth in an infinite series of regressing holograms where new holograms are created.

Shall I continue today's explanation?

What he said.

S&
&

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join