It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is consciousness located?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: Macenroe82

Consciousness is located in the 'Field' above us. There is a book on this.

It's why Scientists upon cutting out 80% of a brain, find, that their subject can still remember everything.

Perhaps the pineal gland has something to do with the connection to it's field? And why people (not all) seem to have this herd mentality. Im only speculating on that though.

You are on the right path regarding the pineal gland. Thanks to the "advancements" of modern day technology and everyone plugging into social media they are unknowingly cutting themselves off from ascendance to their higher self. The pineal gland when properly tuned to the correct frequencies allow us to move interdimensionally.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

originally posted by: LuXTeN
a reply to: Macenroe82

Consciousness is located in the 'Field' above us. There is a book on this.

It's why Scientists upon cutting out 80% of a brain, find, that their subject can still remember everything.

Perhaps the pineal gland has something to do with the connection to it's field? And why people (not all) seem to have this herd mentality. Im only speculating on that though.

You are on the right path regarding the pineal gland. Thanks to the "advancements" of modern day technology and everyone plugging into social media they are unknowingly cutting themselves off from ascendance to their higher self. The pineal gland when properly tuned to the correct frequencies allow us to move interdimensionally.

What do you mean "interdimensionally"?

Do you mean like fractal dimensions, parallel or alternate universes, other 'planes' of existence, space-time dimensions, hyperspace, Euclidean, what?

And what happens when you die? Like for example if we cut someone's brain and pineal gland out? Is their Spiritual essence trapped or eliminated somehow because that particular organ is taken out of the equation?

I'm not sure what you are saying makes any sense, but I am open to learning. I'll need these questions resolved first most likely if I'll have any chance to even begin to figure out what you're claiming.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: namelesss

And everything you perceive is just in your mind like an illusion made by you, right?

If everything is 'make-believe', a unique product of unique Perspective...
If Reality is ALL inclusive...
Then what is an 'illusion'?

I am not the 'creator' of anything, 'creation' is not possible.

Have you not been seeing the 'new' science headlines that the theory that all is a 'hologram'/'make - believe'/Mind, is gaining ascendance?

In other words, everything that We perceive, appears exactly as it does to that individual Perspective, only.
No two individual Perspectives perceive the exact same 'picture/thing', yet all perceive the One Reality!
Reality remains unchanging, Universally!
Every Perspective is unique every moment of existence.
(But the same One Universal Consciousness peeks from behind all Perspectives! All Perspectives illumine the Omni-One!)

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - The First Law of Soul Dynamics

"The complete Universe (Reality/Truth/God/'Self!'/Tao/Brahman... or any feature herein...) can be completely defined/described as the synchronous sum-total of all Perspectives!" - Book of Fudd
ALL INCLUSIVE!!!

"The acceptance and understanding of other Perspectives furthers our acquaintance with Reality!"

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I think the brain acts as a transmitter. The pineal is the third eye lens included like a real eye has.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Have you ever wondered if matter is an epiphenoma of consciousness...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Have you ever wondered if matter is an epiphenoma of consciousness...

Nah. I'm a hard core empiricist, with streaks of mysticism. Sort of like fudge ripple.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Sounds like a Zen Koan

A hard core empiricist
with streaks of mysticism.
Sort of like fudge ripple.

May i ask you this.. If the effect of the observer (consciousness) is seen to have an effect on the physical universe at a quantam level . Would that not make consciousness a force in the universe and if it is a force would not the question to ask be: how much of a force is it. Is it a little bit of the universe or is it all of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
How topics like this have only 15 stars and topics like Trump tweeted he was pooping gets 50?

Glad you asked.

People are so lost they don't even care what they really are anymore. What their purpose here, or what they should be doing.

They rather fall into the distraction trap.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If the effect of the observer (consciousness) is seen to have an effect on the physical universe at a quantam level...

The observer effect doesn't require consciousness, just data sampling. Chopra et al are wrong about that.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
...topics like Trump tweeted he was pooping gets 50?

But does he poop little orange balls?

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The observer effect doesn't require consciousness, just data sampling

How can that be know that unless you look at the data......

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Consciousness is located between your years in that thing called a brain. The brain is what give you consciousness and it forms along with the rest of your body when you are conceived. When you die the lights go out the end.

Consciousness is a process of chemical reactions talking place within the brain. A persons consciousness and personality can be altered by taking drugs either illegal or pharmaceutical. Drugs contain chemicals that alter the brains chemistry. The reason people take illegal street drugs is because it alters their consciousness by giving them a sense of euphoria via chemicals.

The chemical processes that takes place within the brain are very complex and not fully understood.

I have schizophrenia and every night I take a pill which keeps me from having hallucinations. This pill blocks the brain from producing a chemical called dopamine. The pill is in a class of drugs called A-typical anti-psychotics. People that take these medications long term can end up with a syndrome similar to Parkinson's disease. Parkinson's disease is caused by the brains inability to produce dopamine.

Serotonin is another chemical produced by the brain. It's known as the feel good chemical. Cocaine and meth make the brain produce more serotonin. From long term use of these drugs the receptors in the brain that produce serotonin can be destroyed making the person need more and more to get the same effect. Anti depressant drugs make the brain produce more serotonin. People that take antidepressants don't get the euphoria like illegal drugs but it makes them feel happier.

Some people say certain illegal drugs can produce a sensation better then sex. The reason I believe when the lights go out it's the end is usually the simplist and most logical explanations tend to be the correct ones.

edit on 9-2-2017 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

If the effect of the observer (consciousness) is seen to have an effect on the physical universe at a quantam level...

The observer effect doesn't require consciousness, just data sampling. Chopra et al are wrong about that.

I would've normally said the same due to transfer of information but my ripple has been getting fudgier lately. Any ideas on how we can separate consciousness out of the equation?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I agree with most posters.

The eye is physical, therefore it can only see the physical itself.

Consciousness would never be found in the human body, the body is only a vessel while the soul incarnates. It's another completely different dimension you can access via astral travel and alternative states of mind.

Plus, collective consciousness...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

What if the brain is just a vessel for consciousness? Decades ago the Russians could photographically record some sort of aura that departed after death.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Have anyone read this book?

Irreducible Mind

It does a good job of delving (rather drily I confess) into, among other subjects, the problem of conciousness.

It's a bit on the heavy side, but pretty interesting.

Just though I'd mentioned it here.

BT

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: wantsome

What if the brain is just a vessel for consciousness? Decades ago the Russians could photographically record some sort of aura that departed after death.

Not really. Kirlian photography is the very purest of bull#. Mostly it records water vapor or surface ionic contamination.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

That is thought provoking.

Can you provide us with a link?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join