It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LapTop PassWord Reset Problems...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hey to All!

My Wife's laptop is giving Her, and Me, problems resetting the password. Such a simple task, and it is not going well, for some reason.
I'm leaning on Microsoft online being the problem...

The LapTop is a Toshiba Satellite C55D-B5308. It is running Win 8, I believe.

We both went through all the steps for resetting the password like, getting the code They send, entering the code, and getting new password boxes to use, then it accepts the new password, but when going to log in again, it says the password is incorrect! WTF?!?!

We each have gone through the hoops and hurdles 3 times!

Anyone have an idea that will help? I thought of a 3 pound ball peen, but She didn't like that idea...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I assume you've already made sure caps-lock is off... I have had a similar problem with Windows 10 shortly after it was released, what I did to get it to work was to try logging on without internet connected (disable wifi/unplug network cable then reboot)... then, if I remember correctly, it either worked, or I tried again after reconnecting to internet and new password was accepted. Also, if you are able to change the login to PIN (if you set a PIN), that might be worth a shot, too.

THIS LINK might be worth checking into, as well (if you are using a LOCAL account and not an email linked account).
Good Luck!

edit on 1292017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I assume this is for a Microsoft Account and not really windows?

You can turn off these security features, the ones that require your LIve Account or wtv.

www.cnet.com...

Follow these steps to get yourself all sorted out.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yeah, make sure your changing the correct password. There is a Microsoft account password that you may or may not have set the PC up with. There is also a general Windows password for logging into the PC if you did not set it up with a MS account. Determine how the PC was set up and take it from there.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Thank You for Your help, You three. I will check out the links provided, and the other things mentioned.
I appreciate the help.
Syx

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Hello all...thanks...so if i go to these place and do what ever..will it wipe out all the things i already have in there..as there is alot of my family tree in it and tons of pictures as well...Again THANKS FOR HELPING...

CC

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Nothing will be wiped Out CC. It's all good.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I forgot our password after changing it on a labtop and tried the Windows Live route, I have no idea how to get it working.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If you have access to another computer you could burn yourself a Hiren disk. Use the tool mentioned below to reset the password, or if that fails you could unlock the Administrator account and access the laptop that way:

Resetting Windows Password

top topics

join