It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trudeau, Sturgeon Respond To Refugee Ban: Refugees #WelcomeToCanada and Scotland!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

www.cbc.ca...

I think there's been pledges for over 2 billion bricks now.

brickingitforcanada.com...

Yep. Lots of bricks.
Yay, jobs!!
edit on 29-1-2017 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

You may be quite right..I'm not a fan of Trudeau by any stretch..Harper was very un-Canadian and I'm glad he is gone.
You thinking O'Leary?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: infolurker

Trudeau is a mental midget...He is a SJW without a brain...the immigration thing is him trying to posture up and look important,he is a joke.

...in your humble opinion.

Harper was a fascist who thought Jesus walked with dinosaurs and as an evangelical Christian didn't give a rat's patoot for the future of this country because he was jonesin' for the apocalypse anyway.
In my humble opinion.

I also have difficulty understanding how some people equate mean-spiritness with strength, and kindness with weakness. I guess their feelings must have been hurt.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Last I heard, he was being looked at a little more favourably.
Hard to tell though, he's both liked and hated.

The fact that Harper was an economist was the only thing that kept him in those last 4 years.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I have no issue with Trudeau's willingness to accept refugee's..it's what Canada stands for and it's commendable.
I just worry about the handful of blank checks he has been given..I would rather not have a huge deficit. And the other side of that coin is Harper the inhuman robot who managed the economy at the cost of people.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I very much agree..mostly with the last part.
edit on 29-1-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Wonder if they would let them in if they turned up at their front door with suitcases. .

Or showed up at their hospital.

With outstanding medical training and a specialty in childhood oncology.

Or at their university with a teaching degree in engineering and computer science.

Or at a pharmaceutical research center with a degree in medical research.

Or even just at the corner bakery getting up at 3AM so Canadians can have a nice roll and butter with their morning coffee.

Isn't it rather limited to think they would be an unwelcome burden rather than contributing members of society?

edit on 1292017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think they imagine all the refugee's are just dirt farmers.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Look, all problems would be solved if we just build a wall around the White House.

Lock Trump in.

Let him run his own world just the way he alone feels it should be run.

He'll be happy.

give him an H.O. scale train set with buildings and working lights and stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Exactly. We're still building Canada.

And we don't generally open our doors to anyone and everyone. We have controlled immigration for the most part.
And good diversity.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

But that's racist, xenophobic, and bigoted!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Diversity is racist?
Ok

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Apparently choosing who you let in is racist but I think it's bullshiit lol

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Apparently choosing who you let in is racist but I think it's bullshiit lol
Well, if it's based on race or ethicity or religions...don't you think that sounds just a wee bit...racist?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I think our choosing is more to do with education and/or money.
Unless they're fleeing war or disasters

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

That guy who spitted should have his tongue removed.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Exactly. We're still building Canada.

And we don't generally open our doors to anyone and everyone. We have controlled immigration for the most part.
And good diversity.

Yes, we did...until Trudeau showed up and then mandated that Canada take in 25-50,000 Syrian refugees, without any matching of skills to needs within Canada.

This is where it comes off of the rails (like it has in spades in Europe). When we replace measured and controlled immigration...where refugees make up a tiny fraction of the total number of immigrants each year...designed to match demographic and economic needs of the country...with allowing a disproportionate flood of people in just because there are problems elsewhere in the world, trouble will surely follow.

Canada cannot solve all of the world's problems, and certainly cannot host all of the world's disadvantaged people. If, according to Trudeau - and some of the posters here - we "must" provide refuge to these poor distressed people what is the number?

For those who are trying to make the argument, that to suggest that we not bring in so many refugees so quickly (because we cannot assimilate them properly), is somehow racist or xenophobic - why only bring in 25,000 per year? Why not 100,000 - or like Merkel, why not 1 or 2 million?

edit on 30-1-2017 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Yes, we did...until Trudeau showed up and then mandated that Canada take in 25-50,000 Syrian refugees, without any matching of skills to needs within Canada.

And if your family was in peril, you'd be singing quite a different song. This is not Europe. Nobody is swimming the Atlantic to sneak in. Immigrants are coming in with papers after being properly vetted.

My father was a refugee from Russian Germany. He came here within 8 years of the war. His first job was with a Jewish grocer. That was a compassionate action. We need to show more compassion.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Oh please. Americans without criminal histories are turned away at the Canadian border every day. I've been turned away twice.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Oh please. Americans without criminal histories are turned away at the Canadian border every day. I've been turned away twice.
Yes, as you said in another thread it was because you would be working up here without a visa. Note that Trump's next XO appears to deal with work visas. And I've been turned away from the border because they didn't like the cut of my jib.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join