It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trudeau, Sturgeon Respond To Refugee Ban: Refugees #WelcomeToCanada and Scotland!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: Tardacus
of course Canada will accept as many as the middle east can send because they know that most of them won`t stay in Canada,they illegally come into the U.S. after they get to Canada.

That is basically what germany did to europe and caused the Brexit.

It still amazes me that there are those that cannot or will not accept the reality of this and naively parrot the globalist call for open borders.

I know, the willing blindness just so they can stand up and say "look how i am not being racist" followed by "Now watch me as i call this person that i do not even know the first name of but does not do the same as me a racist ,a biggot and a homophobe" is astounding

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Blimey Johnny, what will happen to all you lumberjacks if there is a great influx of people from another religion that don't like men who press flowers and wear women's clothes???
As to all you Scots, God forbid a post three pages long and none of you have mentioned Braveheart yet. You must be lagging.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That is a good point, is nothing wrong with letting refugees in a country when they are supposedly been persecuted by violence, specially political, but when you have refugees that are complaining of violence under religious believes and practices then come to the country that host them to be activist and try to impose the same views that they are supposedly running away from, then get enough numbers to influence the politics of their host country, you know that they are not running from anything but they are trying to change the values, laws and traditions of their host country

That is call invasion.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Justin just hasn't had his Merkel moment yet...but he will.

The problem(s) with this (deadheaded) idea that Canada will gladly take in everybody who is trying to escape wars and/or persecution are:

1) Canada does not have the housing or other social service resources to absorb so many displaced individuals
2) Canada may be geographically as large as the United States - but it only has 10% of the population (so this kind of charity has a disproportionate impact on Canadian Taxpayers).
3) If you take people from foreign cultures into the country faster than you can accommodate/assimilate them (education, medical care, jobs, etc.) you end up with cultural dissatisfaction and anger (just look at Brussels!).

They will bite the hand that has fed them. As a minor example, in Canada, I remember the "anger and frustration" that Syrian refugees (who came in on the first wave of 25,000 Trudeau insisted be resettled in Canada) in Toronto openly expressed because the Government wasn't moving them fast enough from their (free) hotel rooms to their (free) new apartments.

More to the point, and the real reason that this naive approach to immigration is ill advised is the social upheaval similar open-door policies have led to all over Europe - and the on-going violence being perpetrated by radicalized members of this disaffected population.

Mr. Trudeau, instead how about:

a) throw your full support and resources (including military) behind the plan to create well-provisioned safe zones in Syria, Turkey and elsewhere - as temporary refuge for these populations.
b) help the US to destroy ISIS, Al Qaeda and other radical Islamic terror groups
c) help to re-stabalize Syria, Iraq, Libya, Somalia and other places - so that people can eventually return to their homelands

This idea that the Western democracies should just throw open their doors to every disadvantaged population...invite them all in with no thought given to the myriad consequences...is exceptionally short-term "feel good" thinking that has ultimate disaster written all over it.

It is not even a question of "maybe" this is problematic. Just look at the Middle East. Look at Northern Africa. Look at what is becoming of Europe.

Okay Justin, we get it. You are a really nice guy who just wants to help everybody. Many/most Canadians are like this...very inclusive, broad-minded and welcoming.

But there are practical limits to generosity, and policy decisions that should be made based on the greater good of Canadians and Canada. If Trudeau continues down this track, he is going to find himself sitting on the Opposition side of the House come the next election.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

It will happen what is happening to the US now, people put a president that is bound to fix the mess created by lax laws.

I agree you, a leader can not invite foreigners into acountry at the expenses of the nations citizens tax payers when unemployment is high for those paying taxes.

Is just unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: infolurker

That f**knob Trudeau better have a referendum on this. He doesn't speak for the majority of Canadians.

Cheers - Dave
If you'll note the results of the last election...he pretty well does. I'm sorry that hurts your feelings, though.

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Justin just hasn't had his Merkel moment yet...but he will.

The problem(s) with this (deadheaded) idea that Canada will gladly take in everybody who is trying to escape wars and/or persecution are:

1) Canada does not have the housing or other social service resources to absorb so many displaced individuals
2) Canada may be geographically as large as the United States - but it only has 10% of the population (so this kind of charity has a disproportionate impact on Canadian Taxpayers).
3) If you take people from foreign cultures into the country faster than you can accommodate/assimilate them (education, medical care, jobs, etc.) you end up with cultural dissatisfaction and anger (just look at Brussels!).

The problem here is that most of the anti-refugee posters have not done their homework regarding the Canadian process. We are not just opening the doors and sayin' c'mon in...here's your healthcare'. Candidates are being vetted and many here don't seem to know that they have to pay back their travel and medical screening expenses. I look out my window and look across the street of this small Ontario town and I see my neighbour's place. The family of four has been here about 3 months. They have two Canadian flags hanging from their mailbox. He is working, she is learning English with the help of my wife. The kids are in school. They will be good citizens, with the help of caring Canadians.
That's who we are. That's also why we have universal healthcare, because we take care of each other.

I take note that none of these rabid Keyboard Kommandoes with Action Avatars has the gumption to walk up to a refugee family and tell them why their lives are worth so much less. That's because being mean is easy from your basement. I also observe that my father was a refugee as well, and he was allowed the opportunity to become a functioning member of Canadian society, not to mention welcomed to the US on his Canadian passport. Mind you...he was white.
edit on 29-1-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: follow-up is important.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Unlike Sturgeon who has no control over immigration in Scotland, rendering her tweet irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Great post

Proud to be Canadian.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

And Scotland though Ireland was bad with their IRA terrorism problem. lol. wait till they get their own.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Tardacus
of course Canada will accept as many as the middle east can send because they know that most of them won`t stay in Canada,they illegally come into the U.S. after they get to Canada.

I'm sorry, but you're just pulling that line out of yer arse. Get over yourself.

am I ?

denying ignorance may save your life some day

When it comes to the threat of terrorism, the Canadian border is a bigger problem than the Mexican one, a U.S. security official says.

Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Alan Bersin said he is concerned that potential terrorists are exploiting Canadian loopholes to gain entry to the United States.

"We have had more cases where people who are suspected of alliances with terrorist organizations, or have had a terrorist suspicion in their background - we see more people crossing over from Canada than we have from Mexico," he said during in his testimony to the U.S. Senate this week.

www.theglobeandmail.com...
edit on 29-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

John McCain Warns ISIS Terrorists May Cross Canadian Border

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

However, some analysts believe there’s a greater potential threat of terrorists entering the U.S. from the northern border with Canada than from across the southern border with Mexico.

www.fronterasdesk.org...

Security Debate Draws Attention to U.S. Border With Canada

www.wsj.com...

Congress Considering Assessment of Northern Border Security

flatheadbeacon.com...

Wife of man tied to terror attack admits marriage sham

The 26-year-old woman from Ontario admitted that her marriage to Enrique Marquez Jr., the only person charged in connection with the 2015 terror attack, was a sham designed to enable her to obtain legal status in the U.S. after overstaying a visitor visa in 2009,

wtnh.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Trudeau is a mental midget...how he became PM is beyond me.....actually,it is not beyond me,I saw the media cater to him and TELL US he was going to be the PM before a vote ever happened but thats neither here nor there.
He has never known what its like to be a REAL Canadian...he never had to bust his ass for a paycheque and went to private schools his whole life and charged people 40 grand to be able to hear his royal highness speak.

I wouldn't trust his decision making skills to feed the household dog...he really is that weak and makes this country look bad.

He is a SJW without a brain...the immigration thing is him trying to posture up and look important,he is a joke.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Blimey Johnny, what will happen to all you lumberjacks if there is a great influx of people from another religion that don't like men who press flowers and wear women's clothes???
As to all you Scots, God forbid a post three pages long and none of you have mentioned Braveheart yet. You must be lagging.

The only people who mention BH in here are the English, Americans and deluded unionists. If i'm not mistaken i would swear you are all suffering from Jockholm syndrome.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

What? Pricks who choose violence over democratic votes?
Surely not in Scotland?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: crayzeed

The only people who mention BH in here are the English, Americans and deluded unionists. If i'm not mistaken i would swear you are all suffering from Jockholm syndrome.

I've heard loads of Scots mention Braveheart, and I've also seen them get very uspset when its pointed out to them that Mel Gibson's Hollywood take on it is nothing more than a fairytale.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Lol

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

There's also been a thought for decades now, that Canada needs way more people than its bringing in per year, we have such a low birth rate, and too large a country.
They (whoever "they" are) think our country should have a population of between 60 to 100 million, and we're only at 36 million.

We have to continue to match mid eastern refugees with people from elsewhere (China, Philipines , etc) to keep the proper diversity.

A cdn think tank about placement and education for new people - hopefully that's in place.

Our mid Canada corridor might eventually fill up a bit better.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

He became PM for exactly the same reason Trump became pres, in our case ..Harper, in their's ..Clinton

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

There's also been a thought for decades now, that Canada needs way more people than its bringing in per year, we have such a low birth rate, and too large a country.
They (whoever "they" are) think our country should have a population of between 60 to 100 million, and we're only at 36 million.

We have to continue to match mid eastern refugees with people from elsewhere (China, Philipines , etc) to keep the proper diversity.

A cdn think tank about placement and education for new people - hopefully that's in place.

Our mid Canada corridor might eventually fill up a bit better.

It's talk like that that get's walls built..

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yeah, after 12 years of Harper......
I have a feeling we're going to end up with a business man next time around....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join