It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trudeau, Sturgeon Respond To Refugee Ban: Refugees #WelcomeToCanada and Scotland!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

what utter bollox - the canadians know that a hi percentage will disapaer south as soon as they are left unsupervised - and as for scotland - sturgeon has ZERO authority to invite refugees - so thats just empty yapping [ she is good at talking drivel though ]

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingMonkeyInSpace
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

So 7 million votes and 182 seats in the House of Commons means nothing?

Means nothing, verify the legitimacy of the votes counted based on the voting machines used. I can't find many people that voted for Trudeau and I live in a major city, so I would have a pretty good sampling cross section, as far as I am concerned it was rigged using the fractional weighing method.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/30.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Yes, we did...until Trudeau showed up and then mandated that Canada take in 25-50,000 Syrian refugees, without any matching of skills to needs within Canada.

And if your family was in peril, you'd be singing quite a different song. This is not Europe. Nobody is swimming the Atlantic to sneak in. Immigrants are coming in with papers after being properly vetted.

My father was a refugee from Russian Germany. He came here within 8 years of the war. His first job was with a Jewish grocer. That was a compassionate action. We need to show more compassion.

No, we need to show an amount of compassion commensurate with our ability to properly process and assimilate those brought in. And those brought in on compassionate grounds, like refugees, should be a specific (and reasoned) percentage of the overall immigration target for a given year.

Not willy nilly, and not open ended. Let's just call it controlled compassion...in the same way that one is willing to give a certain percentage of household earnings each year to various charitable causes - but we would not give so much away as to put our primary charges in peril (ie. no longer be able to house and feed our family).

You, I suspect, are not in a position financially to bail out the entire world. Neither is Canada, the United States, Great Britain or the countries of the EU.

The EU tried the open ended, "but these are people in need, so no limits" approach, and will never be the same. In fact, it may end up not existing at all (or at least in a much smaller version of its former self). The UK is out, partly because of the open borders policies of the EU. Germany, France, Belgium, Sweden, Greece, Italy and others are having convulsions over this, that may ultimately lead to withdrawal from the EU...or other major political changes internally.

Compassion is fine, and very Canadian to be sure, but common sense has to be applied.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

No, we haven't done our homework lol. First off, if it gets too stupid here, I'll just pick up and move to Belize, Uruguay or Malaysia, so as for hurt feeling, that was a stupid assumption. On refugees in Canada situation, a couple of them almost drove into me yesterday, in their brand new goverment supplied, $70,000, 4x4. Trudeau's goverment is doing a good job of pissing away our money to ne sure. I work my s**t, I don't get it handed to me by some twit with nice hair spending other people's money.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

My sentiments exactly..star for you.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

"I can't find many people that voted for Trudeau"

That right there just proved to me that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Good job Dave
edit on 30-1-2017 by FlyingMonkeyInSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

No, we haven't done our homework lol. First off, if it gets too stupid here, I'll just pick up and move to Belize, Uruguay or Malaysia, so as for hurt feeling, that was a stupid assumption. On refugees in Canada situation, a couple of them almost drove into me yesterday, in their brand new goverment supplied, $70,000, 4x4. Trudeau's goverment is doing a good job of pissing away our money to ne sure. I work my s**t, I don't get it handed to me by some twit with nice hair spending other people's money.

Cheers - Dave

Fact check time.

Link

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

On refugees in Canada situation, a couple of them almost drove into me yesterday, in their brand new goverment supplied, $70,000, 4x4.

Are you quite sure of that? My acquaintance bought a used van off of a mechanic who gave him a deal. He paid for it himself.

And it's this kind of talk that drives the enfeebled to shoot up mosques. Take a bow.
edit on 31-1-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

On refugees in Canada situation, a couple of them almost drove into me yesterday, in their brand new goverment supplied, $70,000, 4x4.

Are you quite sure of that? My acquaintance bought a used van off of a mechanic who gave him a deal. He paid for it himself.

And it's this kind of talk that drives the enfeebled to shoot up mosques. Take a bow.

It would take quite an enfeebled mind to direct anger in the wrong direction. It's not the refugee's faults that our government is out of control.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Out of interest how do you know that they were refugees and that the government had provided them with a 70k car?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It's not the refugee's faults that our government is out of control. Cheers - Dave

In your opinion, they are out of control. In my opinion they are not.
But is it 'opinion' that anti-Muslim and anti-refugee rhetoric contributes to hate crimes against those groups? Seems to me that getting the locals ginned up contributed to crimes against black, FN, Irish, Italians...you name it. Why are Muslims suddenly exempt in your world?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Look, all problems would be solved if we just build a wall around the White House.

Lock Trump in.

Let him run his own world just the way he alone feels it should be run.

He'll be happy.

Do you live in a house with locked doors and windows?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Canadians should be on board with Trump.

The last thing they would want in tens of thousands, or millions of Americans wanting to make their new home there.

Sure not going to be all rainbows and SJW's running for north of the border.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The last thing they would want in tens of thousands, or millions of Americans wanting to make their new home there.

Why? You'd have an easier time adjusting than the Syrians. 'Cept for that gun thing...LOL.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Sorry.

Be a cold day in hell before this American cut and ran .

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sorry.

Better get packing your bags then because the way SJW's are making out it seems Trump has even cancelled the gas and oil supply deal with Satan!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Well, I'll buy you a beer if you happen to change your
mind.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It's not the refugee's faults that our government is out of control. Cheers - Dave

But is it 'opinion' that anti-Muslim and anti-refugee rhetoric contributes to hate crimes against those groups? Seems to me that getting the locals ginned up contributed to crimes against black, FN, Irish, Italians...you name it. Why are Muslims suddenly exempt in your world?

Humans take advantage of any self benefiting system, it is our nature and all humans are basically the same to varying degrees. Muslims are not at fault for wanting to take advantage, the goverment is at fault for promoting the opportunity and of course pissing away hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars in the process.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Humans take advantage of any self benefiting system, it is our nature and all humans are basically the same to varying degrees. Muslims are not at fault for wanting to take advantage, the goverment is at fault for promoting the opportunity and of course pissing away hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars in the process.

Cheers - Dave

We don't share the same values, so there's no sense taking this any farther.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm from Vancouver and I can tell you in Canada we have had more white people terrorists then any other type as we had the FLQ planting bombs in department stores and mail boxes and our country even had martial law initiated because of the FLQ who wanted Quebec independence. Under Stephen Harper we had his conservative government try to ban the hijab and then start a 1-800 number to report Islamic terrorist suspects and under him we had two or three incidents and one that the police stopped in Victoria but the judge through the case out because it was learned that an undercover police officer actually pushed these two white terrorists into trying to detonate a pressure cooker bomb in the name of the Islamic caliphate but they were heroine junkies. So it seems there is a cause and effect of the more islamaphobia the government pushes the more sympathizers try to do something to show how unjust muslim Canadians treatment has been. Not only that, but these refugees are heavily vetted through NGO's for months at a time and most are sponsored by individual Canadians, religious groups or communities that make them feel as at home as possible. All these people on here saying Canada is less safe now because of bringing more refugees are obviously the same chicken #s who have doomsday bunkers and own lots of guns and have no balls. In Canada we still leave our doors unlocked and have a high number guns per capita and our minority's are turning out to be white people as majority of the people I work with and went to school with and played football with are refugees or 1st generation Canadians. Canada's two biggest problems are drugs and crazy ass white people or "crackers" who want things to go back the way they use to be, but things are never going back to how they use to be ever and these crackers are modern day dinosaurs or beta max tapes or 8 tracks.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join