It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Polling Place Explosions in Baghdad, Bequoba, Basra, Mosul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

I feel the same way Janus. I wish they could vote in an environment free of danger but due to the structure in many area's the result is a done deal.

I wonder how many write-ins Saddam will get.

You know i would be really interested to know how many myself, we would get an idea of how many yearn for the old regime, i doubt we will ever find out though.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well I think they have to disclose it but i'm sure it'll find its way into the back of something and never be brought up.

If he were to win anything they'd quickly add a clause that noone serving prison time could hold office. He's really not a threat.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Well I think they have to disclose it but i'm sure it'll find its way into the back of something and never be brought up.

Yeah Id have to agree, there is no percentage in hiding how many votes he gets. And if I was one who would support him, knowing he has no chance, I would always be afraid of it getting back to me and being the target of a post election witch hunt.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Yeah i think a lot of Iraqis have more pressing things to worry about than Saddam, like scrubbing that ink off their fingers before the local Insurgent cell finds it. A lot of red and sore fingers before tommorrow i think.
But Saddam is yesterdays News and as we in the UK say " yesterdays News is todays fish and chips wrapping "
Will Saddam be able to vote do you think? I think prisoners in the UK can vote but i may be wrong on that.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Anything new happened? My kids have just got up so im forced to watch Sonic X

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
More of the same really Janus. So far we've had 6 suicide bombers in Baghdad and many incidents across Iraq which i'm trying to collate. The death toll seems to be in the mid twenties but the day has just begun.

The turnout seems to be "average" but steady.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
FOX is reporting 5 or 6 suicide bombings in total, not too bad I guess.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   

More of the same really Janus. So far we've had 6 suicide bombers in Baghdad and many incidents across Iraq which i'm trying to collate. The death toll seems to be in the mid twenties but the day has just begun.

The turnout seems to be "average" but steady.

Fingers crossed it dosent get any worse, a vain hope i know but if there is always hope.
This must be an exiting and dangerous time for those people, i never thought it would get this far so quickly. Brave people, even those who despise Muslims, and i know there are a few of thos on ATS, must give them that.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Incoming from the wires:
Bomb near justice ministers house in Baghdad, The Minister was not near site of the latest suicide bomb.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Update indicates that 2 guards were killed in that suicide car bombing.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Death toll is 22 acording to Sky News, i must say that the US is doing a good job of keeping a low profile. Also the Iraqi forces seem to be doing a good job protecting the polling stations. 22 is a lot of dead people but it could have been a lot worse. The day is still young but lets hope there are no more deaths and Iraq can begin to reclaim the Country for themselves, not through Violence but through Democracy.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Fox just said they think the turnout could be over 70%!

Less than 2 hours of voting left and everything seems to be going better than expected.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
yeah around 72% . Eat your heart out souljah

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
To be perfectly honest I do no think the resistance would have launched anything 'major' today, because they know that all security forces are on alert and the chances of succeeding are minimal. A few loud explosions to try and deter voting would probably be the purpose of most of the attacks.

The resistance would probably wait a day or two until security forces weaken again, then resume major attacks as per normal. Either way we will see in the next few days.

Also I can't help but wonder what would happen if the 'Americanized' Iyad Allawi and his cabinet win the election, I’m sure the Shia would not be to happy to see their majority vote over-ruled by shifty politics and tampering.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
Yeah i think a lot of Iraqis have more pressing things to worry about than Saddam, like scrubbing that ink off their fingers before the local Insurgent cell finds it. A lot of red and sore fingers before tommorrow i think.

That's a very good point. If that stuff takes 3 days until it is washable, then the next 2 days will be anxious ones. I think the use of this ink is perhaps putting many Iraqi's lives at risk.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Im anticipating a thread in the NWO section about the mark of the beast and the ink used. Naysayers are running out of excuses and im loving every minute of it.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
While it wasn't the infidel slaughter that Zarqawi was hoping for, nine suicide bombers managed to kill 35 people. The good news is that the voters of Iraq were cautious, but still showed up at the polls in the end.

www.foxnews.com
All around the country, Iraqis defied threats of violence and cast their votes. Iraq's Independent Electoral Commission initially estimated that 72 percent of the country's eligible voters had turned out to cast their ballots but an official later said an estimated eight million Iraqis — or 60 percent of eligible voters — turned out to vote.

But the day was not without bloodshed. A series of homicide bombings and mortar strikes at polling stations killed at least 44 people, including nine bombers. A Web site statement purportedly from insurgency leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's group claimed responsibility for the election-day attacks.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RPVillanova
Im anticipating a thread in the NWO section about the mark of the beast and the ink used. Naysayers are running out of excuses and im loving every minute of it.

You can just see them pulling their hair out in rage that hundreds or thousands werent killed

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join