It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March for Life - a pro-choice stance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: kaylaluv

And your concern appears to be to maintain the right to continue to murder.

I guess we'll never agree on this issue.

The difference is I want laws to stop the slow death of children. You want laws to stop the quick end to a potential human.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I would like to see people more ressponsible for their actions instead of government taking the responsibility.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
a reply to: veracity

I am not pushing my beliefs on anyone. I do take accountability for my actions. I don't think this argument is about babies for you... I think it is about a woman's right to fornicate without consequence. So much so, that the destruction of life is an acceptable counter measure. This argument is about accountability and the perceived misconception that men have none when it comes to sex. I would agree that accountability should be equally shared

Inadvertently, (and i understand you do not realize this)...you are pushing your beliefs on others.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I am curious on how do you feel towards individual's right to choose suicide? Should anyone who chooses to kill themself be assisted to do so? What about a young woman who is devastated that her boyfriend broke up with her? She is homeless, jobless, and feels alone. She just wants to end her perceived suffering. Do you think she should have the choice to go to a clinic and be assisted to suicide?

It would be her personal choice, but wouldn't it be more humane to encourage and counsel her on understanding she is not a 'victim' and can still be valuable. Strengthen her to choose life over death.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I would like to see people more ressponsible for their actions instead of government taking the responsibility.

More access to birth control (free birth control) is NOT people taking more responsibility?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

My apologies if you feel that way. You seem to think that the collective should share the cost, isn't this you pushing your beliefs on others?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

That's very patient and fair of you.

I will be more polite in this thread.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You put the caveat of "free" in there.

If you want birth control, then purchase it.

I like whiskey. Should that be free as well?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Break up with a boyfriend? lol

I understand you trying to compare the 2 but its so hypothetical that it does not even warrant an answer from me.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

That is one issue that can more empathize with...why should tax payers pay for a percentage of abortions.

I know for a fact that abortions are very expensive, the only thing tax payers are paying for is the facility...which does many procedures...abortions just one of them.

If you want to split hairs about that, then i feel sorry for your misery.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

So would I. That's one of the reasons I think people should be allowed to fix their mistakes by ending a pregnancy before that pregnancy becomes a child that they would just end up treating like crap, forcing the state to take responsibility.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

grrr... i will copy and paste again...

Free birth control means,

More women on birth control...less unplanned pregnancies...less abortions...get it?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am against it for people around me. The thought of an abortion makes me want to vomit. Abortion jokes are one the few types of jokes that make me cringe.

I really don't like it but I cannot proof when a soul enters a fetus.
It's before 9 months. I'd like to give people the benefit of the doubt for now, but not the full term to choose, unless emergency obvi

I also really dislike the concept that a fetus is a sole person's property until birth where suddenly the guy is on the hook. I do not know how this magic property transfer takes place and child support comes into play. It encourages bad sexual habits.
People should be only having sex with people they could see themselves having children with(with special exceptions goes without saying). There are plenty of other ways to have enjoyment in life.
Saying humans have sex and its enjoyable is a garbage can argument. Plenty of things are harmful but enjoyable. The secret is to be an adult.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

"People should be only having sex with people they could see themselves having children with(with special exceptions goes without saying)." -jellyrev

lol, easier said than done
edit on 28-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Less intercourse also means less unplanned pregnancies.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

grrr... i will copy and paste again...

Free birth control means,

More women on birth control...less unplanned pregnancies...less abortions...get it?

I have to agree, free whiskey would just add to the problem.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

lolollofl, how do you regulate intercourse?

now you are pushing your views on how often to have sex on others.

do you realize how dumb you sound?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Less intercourse also means less unplanned pregnancies.

So you want to legislate intercourse now???

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

a reply to: CynConcepts

Break up with a boyfriend? lol

I understand you trying to compare the 2 but its so hypothetical that it does not even warrant an answer from me.

One of my cousin's actually committed suicide because of a break up. She was only 17 and hung herself. Emotions and logic never mix. My point being is that when a woman is distraught emotionally over an unexpected pregnancy, she often is going to make decisions emotionally upon her perceived slighted future. I will try to be a voice of reason and obviously may not have any control over another's personal choices...but I certainly will not assist them nor want someone else to force me too!

Many weathermen cannot accurately predict the weather even with having all of the facts...let alone 6-9 months out.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

lolollofl, how do you regulate intercourse?

now you are pushing your views on how often to have sex on others.

do you realize how dumb you sound?

Intercourse is a choice.

And with that, I'll take my leave. I was trying to be nice and just explain a differing viewpoint.

You appear to see any view unlike yours as dumb.

Have a nice day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join