It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March for Life - a pro-choice stance

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: veracity

Then why should the state and society consider murder of anyone illegal?

As many issues today, there are levels to this issue and you are arguing on level 1 with that response.

Bc of that, I cannot hold a conversation in that direction.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It can feel a lot like showing card tricks to a dog eh?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

If people would just take responsibility for their actions, perhaps there would be fewer unwanted pregnancies to begin with.

This is true, and the numbers of abortions are in a continuous downward trend, thanks to education and plenty of access to birth control, but sometimes mistakes happen. That is inevitable. And isn't someone who has an abortion taking responsibility when they know they can't be a good parent? Aren't they taking responsibility not to hand that responsibility to someone else to take care of (like the state)?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Sorry, i have to stick with my own mandate of be kind in this thread.

I adore DBCowboy and I think their hearts are huge, no doubt, but it takes a deeper understanding when it comes to subjects like this.
edit on 28-1-2017 by veracity because: kindness needed to be expressed

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

If people would just take responsibility for their actions, perhaps there would be fewer unwanted pregnancies to begin with.

This is true, and the numbers of abortions are in a continuous downward trend, thanks to education and plenty of access to birth control, but sometimes mistakes happen. That is inevitable. And isn't someone who has an abortion taking responsibility when they know they can't be a good parent? Aren't they taking responsibility not to hand that responsibility to someone else to take care of (like the state)?

Why hand the responsibility onto the state? There are many families that would love to adopt domestically in America. Oftentimes, the adoptive families assist the mothers with healthcare and other sustenance to ensure the child's well being and in so doing, is a win/win for all. American Adoptions -one source

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
I think adoption is great, a wonderful option.

I was actually waiting for someone to bring it up. A poor mother who has a baby DOES have a choice but let me ask you...have you ever given birth to a baby then have to give it up? If so, was it easy?

Pregnant women have the choice to put their child up for adoption. I have experienced a personal story of a mother having 3 wks to change her mind and she went and picked up the child at the last moment. They were poor of course.

Adoption is not the answer to fix this "abortion problem". Its an option yes...a wonderful option especially to families that cannot produce a baby of their own, however, we still need the choice.

Adoption is NOT the answer to less gov't spending to help poor families.
edit on 28-1-2017 by veracity because: to add

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Why does birth control have to be free?

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

As many issues today, there are levels to this issue and you are arguing on level 1 with that response.

But that's the point.

That's the reason for the divide.

People who are against abortion see it as murder.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Why does birth control have to be free?

so more people can afford it and use it

More women on birth control...less unplanned pregnancies...less abortions...get it?

abortions have gone down under the ACA (free birth control).

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

But that's the point.

That's the reason for the divide.

People who are against abortion see it as murder.

and that is an outrageous, unintelligent, very stubborn, thick skulled way to see it.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Care?

I care that I live in a society that arbitrarily decides who to murder based solely on the fact that some consider a baby as inconvenient.

As for abortion taking responsibility?

I see that as bombing the IRS as taking care of my tax issues.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Then we'll just have to disagree.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Then we'll just have to disagree.

I still love you

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The only argument that pro-lifers have that I can agree with about 10% (it has not been brought up yet) is...

"Fine, kill your babies, just don't make us pay for it"

This to me is saying...do what you want, i don't agree with it but we should not be forced to have our tax dollars go to planned parenthood...

My argument to that is...

Yes, maybe a very small percentage of your tax dollars go to the upkeep of a facility that does abortions... but they do so much more than just abortions. Your money does NOT directly pay for abortions.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Fine and that should be the choice of the mother, not something that should be forced on her by the state.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It is unfortunate that you see the march as someone pushing their beliefs on another. I see the march as people giving a voice to the oppressed, the ones that can't speak for themselves. As a parent, I do not own my children, I am merely an advocate for their well being, and I carry the burden of accountability for all of their actions. Some people don't think that is fair, but we all know life is never fair. I imagine that your own child has added immeasurable depth to your life and I am thankful that you chose to except that blessing in your life.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

I believe it is both, caring for the lives of babies and pushing your beliefs on someone else.

More so the latter.

Why can't it be both to you? bc pushing your beliefs on someone else sounds so bad? Well, that is what you are doing, you cannot ignore that fact.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, apparently you want to live in a society where parents can be allowed to feed their living breathing born children such crap that they have permanent health problems as a result.

Nunya business.

You are so concerned about "murdering" embryos that have not yet developed into human beings, but you have no concern for the slow murder of actual children by their bad parents.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And your concern appears to be to maintain the right to continue to murder.

I guess we'll never agree on this issue.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I am not pushing my beliefs on anyone. I do take accountability for my actions. I don't think this argument is about babies for you... I think it is about a woman's right to fornicate without consequence. So much so, that the destruction of life is an acceptable counter measure. This argument is about accountability and the perceived misconception that men have none when it comes to sex. I would agree that accountability should be equally shared

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join