It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the europeans ever be powerful?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would just suggest to close this thread. Personally, I abandoned it months ago as it gets nowhere.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm English. However, I think that neither us Englishmen NOR the Welshmen NOR the Scots should have our local parliaments (AKA assemblies). We elected our MPs. Westminster shouldn't be duplicated by regional parliaments.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are we British? No, it's not because of the reasons Fritz stated. It's because excluding a small group of traitors such as Bono, the CND, Greenpiss, the Labour Party and the Liberal Party, we are a courageous nation willing to defend itself against our enemies and to liberate those people who are now slaves of totalitarian regimes. For 409 years (1588-1997) we have governed the seas, but we didn't enslave free nations. Instead, we've defeated any aggressors who were trying to do so. It's also because we are a religiously tolerant nation. Britain is the safehaven where persecuted people like the Hugenots escape, and will continue to be.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by INeedHelp]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
And who said it would be me who was banned, hey Zibi?

I agree this thread should be closed. It is a Zibi magnet. You know when he is back because this thread springs back into life with bizarre and unusual posts.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Sry if I missed it, but I only read to page 4 then jumped!
The Germans not only have Sauerkraut and Würstchen (sausages), we make the best beer in the world! (One of the 100s of brands of local beer has gotta be able to beat the others
)
(All german beers, I've tasted definately taste better than british beer!)

But how on earth can an American slag their best ally (the british) off???
C'mon, be serious!

I think we can all see how the EU gains more and more economic power and America is having more and more problems. (Having said that, China and Russia are starting to get dangerous. China controls most of the products we use and Russia controls are Energysupply...)

I don't think the EU would have a military chance against the US, but if there were a 'red button' war, the country that starts 'wins'. But by the time the EU has voted, vetoed, discussed and revoted about a war, we'll be long wiped out anyway!

Congratulations to England for being close enough to the EU to be European, but far enough away to keep your individuality!
Congratulations for keeping your traditions like the Queen, your Pound, lbs and oz etc.
Good job!

And to answer the ThreadQuestion: We are powerful, we just don't go showing off like others!

*duck*

reg,
Sammy

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Thanx Aldolas. Not too sure about keeping a German on the English throne, but I guess we Brits have always made the best of a bad job!

Incidentally old chap, Germany makes the best sausages in the world, but the Danes [backed by JC in Reading Berkshire] make the best lager in the World. Probably!

[edit on 10-5-2007 by fritz]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Thanx Aldolas. Not too sure about keeping a German on the English throne, but I guess we Brits have always made the best of a bad job!

Technically, we're all mostly German's anyway, so what's the difference? Better than having some toff descended from the French!

Incidentally old chap, Germany makes the best sausages in the world, but the Danes [backed by JC in Reading Berkshire] make the best lager in the World. Probably!

[edit on 10-5-2007 by fritz]

Woo! My home town!

Sorry...

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Technically, we're all mostly German's anyway, so what's the difference? Better than having some toff descended from the French!

Stu, how could you?

I am most certainly not from French stock (aaarrrggghhh) and am equally ertain I am not from German stock.

Indeed Stu, I have been called a Mongrel many, many times throughout my life, but I imagine what people really meant was that I am a Mongol.

So there you have it mate. I am descended from the great Chingis Khan

Seriously though, I am, as far as I can make out, descended from White or Red Russian peasant stock - depending which side of the family you listen to.

My ancesters came to Great Britain in 15 somethingorother and have gone downhill ever since.

I am proud to say, that I am the last Freeman of my side of the family and when I eventually die, as I suppose I must, my bloodline dies with me.

Shame innit?

mod edit: added quote tags
Quote Reference (review link)

[edit on 11-5-2007 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ah, sorry chap!

So your a lowly commoner then? Hehehe...

I can't talk though.

Of Cornish descent, we have some Irish "nobility" from around 2 centuries back, although what constitutes Irish nobility is anyone's guess!

But, being Cornish, I can safely say we were here first before any of you!

"Get off maaa land!"

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Cornish, eh?

Is that you in the 'Wizard of Oz'?

May I respectfully ask you what may seem, to others at least, a very silly question?

Do you actually like the Pasties you people export all over the world?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Pasties are the Food of God's mate....

Love 'em, I do!

Although Gingster's have perverted the true pastie! They don't taste right...

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Why do you make them with Swedes? What have they ever done to you?

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Why do you make them with Swedes? What have they ever done to you?

They're slightly less stringy than Norwegians.....

Although they are called "yellow turnips" in Cornwall....

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I suppose the ingredients we use in our food makes us true Europeans, and in that way, we will eventually have the greatest army in the world.

After all, did not Napoleon say, 'An army marches on it's stomach!'

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This thread is just crazy.

Europe (as a whole) will be the only superpower left to compete with China after the dollar crumbles. It's already begun. That's why there have been talks to switch to the "Amero" with the NAU. These are the only things that will save the U.S. (as far as economics go - politicians have already done irreversable damage to the government and it's a lost cause).

The NAU and the Amero will be good for America for a short while, but will eventually desimate, on an economical level, North America as a whole.

We've stretched our pinnacle for far too many years and we're just trying to think of ways to extend our world market for as long as possible.

[edit on 15-5-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
tyranny22, just what or who is an Amero and who or what is the NAU?

As a brit, I have never heard of these terms before and you have whetted my thirst for knowledge.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

As a brit, I have never heard of these terms before and you have whetted my thirst for knowledge.

Let me answer on his behalf: North American Union and Amero is an equivelent to the Euro. And tyranny is one of few who understands what is happening right now

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Let me answer on his behalf: North American Union and Amero is an equivelent to the Euro. And tyranny is one of few who understands what is happening right now

Many thanx for clearing that up for me.

By 'North American Union' do you mean the US together with Canada and Central America?

How would that union be of benefit to the poorer Central American nations up against the manufacturing base of Europe, or is the wealthier America and Canada expected to shoulder the burden?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Many thanx for clearing that up for me.

By 'North American Union' do you mean the US together with Canada and Central America?

How would that union be of benefit to the poorer Central American nations up against the manufacturing base of Europe, or is the wealthier America and Canada expected to shoulder the burden?

The proposed NAU would consist of Mexico, America and Canada. The leaders of these countries met in private to discuss and plan this unilateral move. Most of Canada is up in arms over this fiasco. The envocation of this union would severly degrade Canada's economics while boosting America's and sky-rocketing Mexico's.

You might remember a while back (might not - not sure how much international coverage it got) there was a growing concern here in there U.S. about closing our borders in an attempt to curb illegal immigration. Contrary to popular opinion president bush would do nothing to help close the borders here in the U.S. and no one could understand why. It was later that the secret meeting about the NAU came to light and the public realized why bush would do nothing (as usual). Basically it's modeled after the European Union and designed to function in the same aspects.

There are pros and cons to both sides of the NAU debate, but all in all, it's a bad idea for everyone involved. Check it out and make your own decision, but mine stands at "NO on NAU".

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanx tyranny22. Somehow I cannot see that working out because of the three, America is very strong whilst Mexico is the weakest.

I cannot for the life of me see Canada allowing the US to be top dog in this menage a trois.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
EU an china are going to be the next super powers.
ecomicly.Eu and china are doing graet.

Its just like football USA doesn't stand a chance against europe

[edit on 10-6-2007 by Lt. Gruber]

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47 >>

join