It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump White House vows to stop China taking South China Sea islands

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

War or a act of war NEGATES the debt owed

No No No
you could have saved yourself some embarrassment by looking it up.

Germany did not clear her WWI reparations till till a few years ago

abcnews.go.com...

Germany will make its last reparations payment for World War I on Oct. 3, settling its outstanding debt from the 1919 Versailles Treaty and quietly closing the final chapter of the conflict that shaped the 20th century. Oct. 3, the 20th anniversary of German unification, will also mark the completion of the final chapter of World War I with the end of reparations payments 92 years after the country's defeat.

see also
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Its not that China will no longer need the USA anymore - their factories will still keep producing and the Americans short of an embargo will still import.
If you're suggesting that the domestic Chinese markets absorb their factories outputs well I dont see that happening as they are highly competitive towards an export mindset and there will always be a surplus in goods. The other scenario is a recession.
I could be wrong as this suggest they are already in a recession

Recession Hits China — Along With 10% Growth
03/ Aug 2016

The long-feared Chinese hard landing has become a reality in rustbelt Liaoning. The northeastern province, ground zero in China’s multi-year slowdown, saw its economy contract 1 percent in the first half of 2016 as factories splutter and the coal industry groans under the weight of overcapacity. But the hardship remains localized, with regional data for the first six months showing economic growth in 15 of the nation’s 31 provinces perked up from the first quarter. And while the golden age of across-the-board double-digit growth is history, three provinces still maintained such rates, with inland Chongqing again topping the pack

But back in April 5, 2016 the IMF said this

www.ibtimes.co.uk...
IMF warns that an economic crisis in China could cause global recession again

The long-feared Chinese hard landing has become a reality in rustbelt Liaoning. The northeastern province, ground zero in China’s multi-year slowdown, saw its economy contract 1 percent in the first half of 2016 as factories splutter and the coal industry groans under the weight of overcapacity. But the hardship remains localized, with regional data for the first six months showing economic growth in 15 of the nation’s 31 provinces perked up from the first quarter. And while the golden age of across-the-board double-digit growth is history, three provinces still maintained such rates, with inland Chongqing again topping the pack

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
This spat is none of our damn business, we need to stay out of it. We don't need more wars, and we need to let others learn to do their own self defense, lest they forget how. We're not everybody's bodyguard.

And yet Australia follow the US into every battle like brothers. Maybe we all need to go our separate ways then?

IRM

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Good luck with that one considering they seem to be building there own new artificial islands as well.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

War or a act of war NEGATES the debt owed

No No No
you could have saved yourself some embarrassment by looking it up.

Germany did not clear her WWI reparations till till a few years ago

abcnews.go.com...

Germany will make its last reparations payment for World War I on Oct. 3, settling its outstanding debt from the 1919 Versailles Treaty and quietly closing the final chapter of the conflict that shaped the 20th century. Oct. 3, the 20th anniversary of German unification, will also mark the completion of the final chapter of World War I with the end of reparations payments 92 years after the country's defeat.

see also
en.wikipedia.org...

You do not pay back the aggressor. Its similiar to a loanshark breaking your legs. And GERMANY was the agressor so they had to pay damages. Victims do not have to pay anything back.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If Trump wants to make war to secure trade routes and ensure better deals, i think that is a whole lot better than making up a BS reason like we did in Iraq or Vietnam (among many).

Im not relishing a war with China, though...so hopefully the posturing results in discussions and a reasonable resolution. For now, though, posturing seems to be the game.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If we allow China to violate international law, it's sets a new precedent. Soon countries will build Islands to house weapons systems.

It has to be prevented

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is just what I predicted, that Trump would turn the American foreign policy towards confrontation with China and Iran.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
If we allow China to violate international law, it's sets a new precedent. Soon countries will build Islands to house weapons systems.

It has to be prevented

Yeah like the world does nothing when the US violates international law all the time like the war in Ira, war in Libya, war in Syria.

Where are the wars China started?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

It has to stop being our pretentious belief that it is our job to address these things. If its international law, then it needs to be international force that deals with it. And I would say that NZ/OZ need to be the leaders of the charge for the region, as they are out of the Asian bloc but effected within the region.

Whatever goes down, im not interested in funding it with our money or people.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

But thats not what you said initially was it...LOL...do some reading

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yeah like the world does nothing when the US violates international law all the time like the war in Ira, war in Libya, war in Syria. Where are the wars China started?

tsk tsk tsk...why let honesty come into the discussion. But most will see your post and completely disregard it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If WW3 starts over this, there will be a lot of cyber warfare. China already has that tall building of hackers. I'm almost certain there will be conflict. Trump is the opposite of peaceful.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

But thats not what you said initially was it...LOL...do some reading

Most people seem to have taken it the way I meant it. sorry you didnt pick up on it until i rephrased it.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
This spat is none of our damn business, we need to stay out of it. We don't need more wars, and we need to let others learn to do their own self defense, lest they forget how. We're not everybody's bodyguard.

Sorry to say, the world doesn't work that way: Just under $5 trillion dollars worth of trade passes through that region every year. The direct impact to the US economy is in the many hundreds of billions: the indirect is in the trillions.

The certainty that America would not go to war will simply give China a free reign to take over the sea slowly and then dictate who can pass through...if they can pass through. And then if there will be some concessions required.

If America does not want to get involved, then it better not stand in the way of Japan, South Korea and Taiwan acquiring nuclear capability. watch what that does to the region...

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
ManBehindTheMask

No...........war is not a video game......

We really need to stop this policy of trying to take out leaders and install our own puppets....

We need to back off, Back out and take care of our own.........

Trump if he is not careful is going to get us strung even more thin than we already are......

Another war front at this time would CRIPPLE our country economically and otherwise

that's the idea manbehindthemask the illuminatti wants to weaken usa to the point that the last superpower on earth will have no defense against them when they take over. Trump, probably unwittingly in his case, is part of that plan as was Obama.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: enkilo

back off and let them throw there weight and weapons systems where ever they want,I do not think thats a good idea ,but neither is war!I would find a way to make it more costly and dangerous to keep building and stay there ,then it would be to just leave . some kind of zero sum game agreement. how you do that ,i have no idea . that would be up to the administration that is why they were elected .not an easy task at all

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
It seems as though real life has encroached on the presidential bombast
Link

US President Donald Trump has climbed down on past threats and agreed to honour the so-called "One China" policy. He backed the long-standing agreement during a call with Chinese President Xi Jinping, the White House said.

A statement from Beijing said China appreciated Mr Trump's acknowledgement of the One China policy, calling the two nations "co-operative partners" who could "push bilateral relations to a historic new high".

Many Chinese citizens see Taiwan as the last piece in China's territorial jigsaw. Any further move towards independence and international recognition for the island would have represented a dangerous humiliation for Mr Xi. With the presidential phone call, Beijing can draw a line under such fears. Three weeks in, it has won a clear and unequivocal commitment from the Trump administration to honour the One China policy. However, it is not clear what, if anything, the Trump administration has won in return.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join