It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump White House vows to stop China taking South China Sea islands

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I agree with you 100% SaturnFX. We should stay out of other nations' business, unless they attack America or our lawful interests. That's why it perplexes me why the Trump administration would want a war with ANY nation, when he's pledged to focus primarily on enhancing the U.S. economy, education system, healthcare, border protection.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a wall might be needed to keep China away from the seas south of china.

oh yea, theres a massive deposit of oil and minerals untouched in the region.

as long as we write history, we're the good guys

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The militarization of areas such as this is one of the causes and also a great indicator that war is imminent...
China is and knows they're in the wrong here but are posturing themselves with purpose... The purpose is war quite frankly...
What China is unaware of though... Is that any War against them by the US will be joined by thier supposed ally Russia... Only Russia is going to join the US and stand instead opposed to the Dragon...
edit on 24-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

This brings up a desire that I've expressed many times in this forum. If the LEADER(s) of a nation is the problem, take out the LEADER(s). Avoid thousands, or millions of casualties.

Surely USA covert technology and techniques have advanced to the point where we could do this, and make it seem like "natural causes", or a coupe, or some fanatical group was responsible. Trillions of dollars have been invested in our intelligence complexes since WWII.

Um, you do realize that's how WW1 started right?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

This brings up a desire that I've expressed many times in this forum. If the LEADER(s) of a nation is the problem, take out the LEADER(s). Avoid thousands, or millions of casualties.

Surely USA covert technology and techniques have advanced to the point where we could do this, and make it seem like "natural causes", or a coupe, or some fanatical group was responsible. Trillions of dollars have been invested in our intelligence complexes since WWII.

Not until after you mentioned it. But I now see from Googling:

""The simplest answer is that the immediate cause was the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, the archduke of Austria-Hungary. His death at the hands of Gavrilo Princip – a Serbian nationalist with ties to the secretive military group known as the Black Hand – propelled the major European military powers towards war.""

Don't you think that It's better to TRY a modern covert method first. If it doesn't go as expected, then we bomb the leaders.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If these are International waters, why don't we just build some islands in the area too??? Shiiiiiiiit.....! If the Saudis and the Chinese can do it, I will be damned if we won't! BUILD THE ISLANDS USA!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
The militarization of areas such as this is one of the causes and also a great indicator that war is imminent...
China is and knows they're in the wrong here but are posturing themselves with purpose... The purpose is war quite frankly...
What China is unaware of though... Is that any War against them by the US will be joined by thier supposed ally Russia... Only Russia is going to join the US and stand instead opposed to the Dragon...

A friend told me about this.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Sakhalin–Hokkaido Tunnel (or potentially bridge) is a proposed connection to link the Russian island of Sakhalin with the Japanese island of Hokkaido. Cost estimates by Russia in the year 2000 put the project to span the 45-kilometre (28-mile) strait at $50 billion.[1]

Japan and Russia are buddy buddy, more so with this project.

It could link Japan to europe. Anyway, China probably feels it is getting squeezed.

SC Sea incursion has Viet Nam to the west to the Philippines to the east and Australia to the south, with a bunch of people and water routes in between.

If it came down to a Suez, China doesn't stand a chance.

China also over fishes the waters and are building Islands on reefs to claim.

Push back will be a good thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Its the same old same old .....The new approach is a carrot for Russia and a stick for China ...The triad ,Iran,Russia and China has to be broken .The old good cop bad cop thing .Obama was the bad cop while Trump is the new good cop ...Watch to see if all those NATO assets are not pulled away from Russia's border as a good will sign and the sanctions lifted .Not sure if Putin will take the bait though ...too little too late maybe . eta ..also watch any political moves on Ukraine as a good will gesture ,seeing that is why the sanctions were imposed .
edit on 24-1-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Not until after you mentioned it. But I now see from Googling:

""The simplest answer is that the immediate cause was the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, the archduke of Austria-Hungary. His death at the hands of Gavrilo Princip – a Serbian nationalist with ties to the secretive military group known as the Black Hand – propelled the major European military powers towards war.""

Don't you think that It's better to TRY a modern covert method first. If it doesn't go as expected, then we bomb the leaders.

No...........war is not a video game......

We really need to stop this policy of trying to take out leaders and install our own puppets....

We need to back off, Back out and take care of our own.........

Trump if he is not careful is going to get us strung even more thin than we already are......

Another war front at this time would CRIPPLE our country economically and otherwise

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

The new U.S. administration of President Donald Trump vowed on Monday that the United States would prevent China from taking over territory in international waters in the South China Sea, something Chinese state media has warned would require Washington to "wage war."

"The U.S. is going to make sure that we protect our interests there," Spicer said when asked if Trump agreed with comments by his secretary of state nominee, Rex Tillerson, on Jan. 11 that China should not be allowed access to islands it has built in the contested South China Sea.

Trump White House vows to stop China taking South China Sea islands

This directly contradicts The White House website:

Finally, in pursuing a foreign policy based on American interests, we will embrace diplomacy. The world must know that we do not go abroad in search of enemies, that we are always happy when old enemies become friends, and when old friends become allies. The world will be more peaceful and more prosperous with a stronger and more respected America.

I'm all for getting rid of the TPP, but the talk of issuing a 10% tariff on imports is liable to piss a lot of people off. This stuff is moving a little too fast, imo.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Oh definitely! Best to take care of ourselves first and foremost. Jettison all the useless baggage (U.N.) and leech countries who take our money. Invest it in making America Greater Again, from an economic, educational, and infrastructure perspective.

(I'm really disappointed that we don't have a coast-to-coast +300 mph train yet.)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I'd say the chances of us going to war with China at this point far exceed those of going to war with Russia. Notice. I said: "At THIS point". Meaning, with Trump in office.

Another interesting scenario. China and Russia have been working on an alliance.

The (conspiracy?) theory is that Russia has been trying to weaken for many years/decades now the US strength as the worlds main (only) superpower. a Trump presidency seems aimed at alienating our bank and manufacturing base..this would nuke our economy while not really touching China or Russias economy. we wouldn't be strong enough to patrol the east (especially now that our former long term ally, Philippines, is also moving towards Russia and China).

If I wanted to be all conspiratorial, I would say this is the long game being set in motion. Russia/China rises as America becomes contained.

The only problem with your scenario is that Trump Will and IS strengthening the economy and military!

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Every other Country in the World with a coastline is limited to 12 miles, but China steps up and takes the whole sea. Builds military bases in our allies back yard.

It becomes a problem when they dictate who can travel through one of the World's busiest trade routes. Why would they not tax International trade, when they drill oil on someone else's property.

If this stands, all other waters are open game too right? We should claim the Caribbean before someone else gets it. Maybe Greece can control the Mediterranean, or maybe Turkey has historical precedence?

It's not a good situation either way, and the UN won't take action. I don't like the idea of being World police, but this might be stepping on our toes too.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You think? But Obama as bad cop? Seems like a bad choice...
Besides can Trump alone decide if he wants to ignore Ukraine or whoever? Isn't that more like a House decision?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMeatPuppet

I don't believe that's true. There is an entire branch of diplomats and geologists and so on hashing out who gets what. If I remember correct it is relative to the continental plate not the shore.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Territorial Waters

China considers their shoreline to be the nine dash line, which is in PH exclusive economic zone.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I think it was more the policy of Obama that was the bad approach to solving the Russia puzzle .It failed to get Russia to submit .They cant isolate Russia if China is available for them to pivot to economically . This piece by Pepe Escobar lays it out www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Its the same old same old .....The new approach is a carrot for Russia and a stick for China ...The triad ,Iran,Russia and China has to be broken .The old good cop bad cop thing .Obama was the bad cop while Trump is the new good cop ...Watch to see if all those NATO assets are not pulled away from Russia's border as a good will sign and the sanctions lifted .Not sure if Putin will take the bait though ...too little too late maybe . eta ..also watch any political moves on Ukraine as a good will gesture ,seeing that is why the sanctions were imposed .

I think you hit the nail on the head.
Altho I would suggest since Trump is looking to reopen trade deals, he very well be pissing China off about something we have no strategic interest in just to offer something less acrimonious as a peace offering, that's something the US really wants. It's how things usually work.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Just heard Australia is offering China to take the USs place in the deal? The Australian
Huh. There goes the commonwealth our brexiteers were hoping for...

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I'd say the chances of us going to war with China at this point far exceed those of going to war with Russia. Notice. I said: "At THIS point". Meaning, with Trump in office.

Another interesting scenario. China and Russia have been working on an alliance.

The (conspiracy?) theory is that Russia has been trying to weaken for many years/decades now the US strength as the worlds main (only) superpower. a Trump presidency seems aimed at alienating our bank and manufacturing base..this would nuke our economy while not really touching China or Russias economy. we wouldn't be strong enough to patrol the east (especially now that our former long term ally, Philippines, is also moving towards Russia and China).

If I wanted to be all conspiratorial, I would say this is the long game being set in motion. Russia/China rises as America becomes contained.

The only problem with your scenario is that Trump Will and IS strengthening the economy and military!

Military...so? China doesn't need to fire a single shot to cripple the US. They have their fingers deep in the entire economic structure here.
As far as economics..well that remains to be seen, but also given China has deep ties into the economy..that is literally their weapon of Trump gets too high on the hyperbole. If China decides to simply take a loss in regards to their vested interest in the US economy..we are in a lot of trouble.

Stop waving the flag for a bit and note what is going on here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join