It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump White House vows to stop China taking South China Sea islands

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I was think the same, only that China is the one stirring the pot because they want concessions to back down.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

US interests there primarily stem from other nations who we get along with that don't like what China is doing, because China is taking their territorial waters.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: SaturnFX

This brings up a desire that I've expressed many times in this forum. If the LEADER(s) of a nation is the problem, take out the LEADER(s). Avoid thousands, or millions of casualties.

Surely USA covert technology and techniques have advanced to the point where we could do this, and make it seem like "natural causes", or a coupe, or some fanatical group was responsible. Trillions of dollars have been invested in our intelligence complexes since WWII.

It doesn't work. Flip it around. If China sees Trump as the problem and assassinates him, how do you think the US would respond? It would respond with an actual, justified in world opinion war. It would get real messy, real fast.

This is what has lead to the entire problem in the middle east. Decades worth of US covert investment where we control, instill, and replace their leaders in puppet governments. It doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well, as the president and taking a vow, I would say it has begun and should prepare for the worst. And then what he said about the Iraq oil, that put us in more danger.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Other than North Korea, the South China Sea has long been considered, by most military and leadership minds, to be the flashpoint from which World War 3 will occur.

China simply won't budge and if Trump pushes too hard it will lead to some very bad times.

edit on 24/1/2017 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
According to these fancy Nostradamus predictions, that would not be a smart choice, Trump

edit on 24-1-2017 by tvkiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm under the impression that the American navy would sink all Chinese warships with little to no effort because the Chinese are 25 years behind and have one crappy carrier?

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
tell you what....

the Chinese built the Spratly Islands

I back Trump on most other things but not trying to take their defense platforms against their will....

I don't think the idea of stopping China from 'taking' the islands holds water

Building in INTERNATIONAL WATERS of Islands is PROHIBITED and against the LAW.(if they are claimed as territory beyond the natural ocean borderlines)
Their defense platforms are not legal and as such china has no legal recourse if they are destroyed by pirates or outside forces. This i s where somali pirates would be useful to harass chinese ships and bases.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
I'm under the impression that the American navy would sink all Chinese warships with little to no effort because the Chinese are 25 years behind and have one crappy carrier?

China would just need to be isolated because when their navy i s gone all they have left are th e ICBMs and they dont have enough to beat the US and Russia would not want them using them either. RUssia will refuse to let them march through their territory. India will as well block them in. This will be seen as a way to cut chinas ego down to size.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Wait, all the Trump supporters here said that HIllary was a warmonger and Trump wasn't- this sounds pretty warlike to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

The Chinese have very good ground based anti ship missiles our boats would never get close. No naval combat would happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: muSSang

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: SaturnFX

I'd say the chances of us going to war with China at this point far exceed those of going to war with Russia. Notice. I said: "At THIS point". Meaning, with Trump in office.

Another interesting scenario. China and Russia have been working on an alliance.

The (conspiracy?) theory is that Russia has been trying to weaken for many years/decades now the US strength as the worlds main (only) superpower. a Trump presidency seems aimed at alienating our bank and manufacturing base..this would nuke our economy while not really touching China or Russias economy. we wouldn't be strong enough to patrol the east (especially now that our former long term ally, Philippines, is also moving towards Russia and China).

If I wanted to be all conspiratorial, I would say this is the long game being set in motion. Russia/China rises as America becomes contained.

The only problem with your scenario is that Trump Will and IS strengthening the economy and military!

Military...so? China doesn't need to fire a single shot to cripple the US. They have their fingers deep in the entire economic structure here.
As far as economics..well that remains to be seen, but also given China has deep ties into the economy..that is literally their weapon of Trump gets too high on the hyperbole. If China decides to simply take a loss in regards to their vested interest in the US economy..we are in a lot of trouble.

Stop waving the flag for a bit and note what is going on here.

War or a act of war NEGATES the debt owed. INstantly putting the dollar above the chinese curency. Doing that can be called a act of war as it effects the markets.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: Slickinfinity

The Chinese have very good ground based anti ship missiles our boats would never get close. No naval combat would happen.

LOL. yeah our missiles outrange theirs in Surface to surface. and sending in the boats before destroying those is stupid and wont be done.

The only exception is the df-21. But launching one will get a nuclear response because its on the same type of body. Its a range of 950 miles. tomohawk has that beat just barely. As to the new Surface missiles they top out at around 200 miles range.
Way to counter th edf-21 is breaking the kill chain. Such as disabling its satellite network with our space weapons.

the new ones with AESA radar(non ballistic S to S) are active seekers,and as such can be fried by the over 1 million watts AEGIS Radars on board the arleigh burkes. Still not a invincible defense.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I think Trump is teasing China, either that or we will be entering a cold war with them.

A full blown war, no is not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I think Trump is teasing China, either that or we will be entering a cold war with them.

A full blown war, no is not going to happen.

Its Trumps negotiating style to start extreme and work back from there,I think your going to see a trade war but not a real war but the same token China is now a major trading nation and major trading nations develop large navies and bases-there will be tensions in the years ahead.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I agree, but we most remember that the now producing nations had gained their status at the expenses of US dying industrial base.

If US increases production in the nation for Americas consumers, creating jobs this will cause a big impact in any country that depend on US consumerism, as US working force will get strong again and will have enough to buy home made products.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Well theres some good news in 2000 only 4 percent of China's urban population was middle class now its 54 percent of the urban population, the domestic consumer market will be $6.5 trillion with 730 million urban consumers by 2020-they mightn't need America much longer.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

A few years ago I remember a thread from some "insider" saying that there would be a fake short war between the US and China in order get the Chinese currency as the new world reserve currency - If I remember correctly this was going to happen after a stock market crash. It would appear that using the Spratley Islands dispute could be a justification for war if someone got trigger happy well...

What concern me is that we (Australia) may be used to further USA Hegemony. We're helping drugs leave Afghanistan to be used by the US in black OPs - its only a matter of time before we're asked to do something not in our best interest

www.afr.com...

Washington's increasing demands of Australia inadvertently spilled out into the open earlier this month when assistant defence secretary David Shear, an Asia expert and mandarin speaker who is new to the defence portfolio, appeared before the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee. During his testimony, he said extra air force assets including B-1 bombers and surveillance aircraft would be "placed" in Australia as a countermeasure to "China's destabilising effect" on the region. The denials from Canberra and the Pentagon were immediate with statements released insisting Shear had "misspoken." However, many analysts believe he didn't "misspeak," he just spoke too soon.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

The attack on China started through the financial markets

Strategic Culture Foundation 30 August 2015
www.globalresearch.ca...

Using speculation as a psychological weapon and market manipulation, the US launched a financial strike against the Chinese. This was done through an attempt to sink or crash the Chinese stock market and hurt investor confidence in the Chinese economy and its stocks. Beijing, however, reacted quickly by imposing controls on investment withdrawals. This prevented the snowballing of stock selloffs and defused the US financial bomb. As the value of the renminbi began to rise Beijing began quantitative easing to devalue its national currency as a means of continuing export trade. The US Congress and White House began to loudly object. They accused the Chinese of financial manipulation and demanded that Beijing do nothing to readjust the value of the renminbi.

What the folks in the Washington Beltway wanted was for the Chinese to let the value of the renminbi rise as a means of disrupting China’s economy and market. The Chinese Dragon Strikes Back: Beijing Liquidates its US Bonds Push China and it will push back. The buck (or, more properly, renminbi/yuan) did not stop with the introduction of regulations by Beijing. China took steps that shocked Wall Street and put Washington on notice.

As US financial institutions began trying to hurt investor confidence in China through psychological tactics claiming that the Chinese economy was slowing down and that the Chinese market was in freefall, Beijing announced that it had bought 600 tons of gold in the span of a month and the People’s Bank of China had got rid of over 17 billion US dollars from its foreign exchange reserves. China’s foreign exchange reserves — excluding the foreign reserves of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and the Macau Special Administrative Region — were 3.71 trillion (37,111,430 million) US dollars in May 2015. They had dropped to 3.69 trillion (36,938,380 million) US dollars by June 2015.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Only Russia is going to join the US and stand instead opposed to the Dragon...

With the way the US building bases encircling Russia and pushing Nato I would think that Russia would side with China in slowing US aggression.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join