It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you stand on abortion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I noticed in a recent thread that this forum seems to lean a lot more on the anti-abortion side than I would have expected. Where do you stand on abortion?

I'm very pro-choice. I look at early-term abortion as being no different than using birth control pills. I'm coming at that from a male perspective. I don't have any first-hand knowledge about any potential psychological damage that can come about as a result of abortions.

The following thread touches on some of my beliefs about why I believe abortion is often the correct choice.

What would it take for you to rule out having children?

Going beyond what I wrote in that thread, there's another argument for abortion that I find to be very compelling. As long as orphanages are full, I find it difficult to justify bringing more children into the world.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Leave it up to each person to decide for themselves .

If people want to murder their offspring then let them live with the consequences of their decisions .

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Doesn't a murder victim have to be breathing?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I was so conflicted with this earlier last year.. but now im not.

Abortion is murder, cruel and forever life changing for the mother and father.

As for the morning after pill, it simply creates an incentive for women to be careless.

if you wanna be in casual relationships, be responsible to not need post fertilization contraception!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

lets say your partner is in a car crash, and to give them the best chance of recovery and survival they put them on life support.. which is a machine that both stops the natural breathing process and re-creates a artificial breath (SO THERE NOT BREATHING THEMSELF) and someone comes in (a stranger) and turns the machine off, thats not murder?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

My mother is Psychic, like many woman, when she saw her mother after she had passed away (she knew the time when her mother died and shocked the nurse whom claimed that she was going to be OK just one example of many incident's oh and so are other members of the family but not as much as my mother), she saw her with two little girl's, now my nan - her mother had lost two baby's one still born so not abortion but they HAD soul's, now I would have expected them to have grown up over there since as many psychic medium's claim but the fact is that she knew there were her sister's (her Older - Younger sister's) so if a woman has her child murdered simply because it is an inconvenience then what becomes of it's soul?.

I am pro life, in the case were a twelve year old girl is raped I have very conflicting opinion's as either way it is a tragedy added to another tragedy but in the case of a woman who has casual/recreation sex and just fall's pregnant what harm has that innocent child commited.

Oh and NO it does not have to be breathing you would be surprised how early brain wave's begin and how early the heart start's beating and of course there cells though dependant upon there mother at this stage are there own not there mother's cell's but oh now let's tear the little person apart and flush them away..

A child is a child and it is murder, casual, cold, nearly emotionless murder, I and my mother have never forgiven one of my sister's for doing this very thing simply because she did not want the child, you know what though it played on her mind and did not go away.

To save the mother's life YES as there is only a partial chance the child will survive anyway in those circumstance's and that is acceptably.

But because it is inconvenient or unwanted NO though such mother's should be sterilized in the first place if that is how they are going to treat there child.

Also Doctor's that carry this procedure out are mostly breaching there Hippocratic oath.

edit on 23-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Pro choice. Until they create an artificial womb so the man can be forced to carry the baby if the woman doesn't want it then no one has a right to tell a woman what she can do with her body.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

But because it is inconvenient or unwanted NO though such mother's should be sterilized in the first place if that is how they are going to treat there child.

Just because a woman doesn't want a baby at that time she should be sterilized? You don't want a baby killed but have no problem with the woman being mutilated.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I believe the abortion issue is primarily there in politics to serve as a divisive tactic.

To me, it's a non-issue. It's going to happen one way or another, we are over-populated, many shouldn't be raising children who have them. Also, this is a women's issue and men shouldn't really have a say in it unless it's their offspring at stake and then equal say.

That being said, there does need to be an element of responsibility which seems to be waning in our society. People need to be more responsible and not just have at it with thinking so carelessly about the consequences.

I believe we are at stake for possible de-population plans as well. This could be countered by responsibly and actively CHOOSING to re-consider before having children if one is not financially sound and perhaps educate young people even heavier about the downsides of taking on children at an early age. If we could make a conscious inclusive CHOICE to minimize our rampant breeding upon this planet, it would make a key difference in so many ways.

Of course, that won't happen because "But I WANT a baby!!" or "But mah Surname!" and of course any number of fanatical groups that breed like rabbits to further their impact and strengthen their numbers.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks

Abortion is murder, cruel and forever life changing for the mother and father.

As casual sexual relationships are 'all the rage' these days .....

You're making a rash assumption that the potential father

male is still around? No he is long gone.

Leaving the potential mother woman to carry the can,

and bear the rage of others, being called a murderous slut etc.

edit on 23-1-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
Where do you stand on abortion?

There are good arguments on all sides.
All sides are 'right', from the hysterical land of the easily manipulated, to the carefully thought out 'alternatives'.
I cannot come down on any 'side'.
Should a woman's body be her own country? No one gets to tell her what to do with it?
What about the father who has absolutely NO say in this thing going on, even though the care and raising responsibility is his, whether he wants it or not?
When does the lump of cells become a viable human, and if one cannot answer that question exactly, then shouldn't the tie go to the runner?
It makes no difference what I think about it.
It is a reality that is practiced by some women, always has been (and always will be), even before the self-righteous hypocrites invaded/infected the legal system...
Then they, with the best of intentions, made life all the more dangerous for the women who will abort.

No matter, a woman who needs an abortion will get one, no matter my opinion.
It is far from ethical to make a safe procedure more dangerous.
Rather insane.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Your views are part of the problem.. When you step back and look at the picture you see a women and a man, who made wrong decisions, simply killing the problem.

I once wrongfully pulled out at a junction and hit another car, completely my fault.. did i get out and kill the driver to cover up my problem? no.
edit on 23-1-2017 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

if one cannot answer that question exactly, then shouldn't the tie go to the runner?

Accept one can answer these questions!

If a women has a gun and is going to shoot innocent people, YES we have the right to tell her what to do with her body (take finger off trigger)

I completely agree on your point of

No matter, a woman who needs an abortion will get one, no matter my opinion. It is far from ethical to make a safe procedure more dangerous.

You are completely correct, although making it completely unconditioned allows women to use this as birth control! Becoming completely disconnect with the idea that this is murder

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Your body ain't my business unless I'm your pimp.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Agreed, many men run from the responsibility..

But my comment was aimed at the fact that once the feelings of fear and nervousness dissipate after finding out you have your going to be a parent, (but choose to abort the child) once you become adjust to them emotions many people regret the abortion!

n one study of 500 post-abortion women, researchers found that 50 percent expressed negative feelings, and up to 10 percent were classified as having developed "serious psychiatric complications."

creating a child is a magical thing, THE MOST AMAZING THING A WOMEN CAN DO!

If casual sex is what your after use protection! simple..

Dont be irresponsible

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
Agreed, many men run from the responsibility..

Many men are the ones who say quote *get rid.*

But my comment was aimed at the fact that once the feelings of fear and nervousness dissipate after finding out you have your going to be a parent, (but choose to abort the child) once you become adjust to them emotions many people regret the abortion!

That ^^^^ assumes you are a man?

n one study of 500 post-abortion women, researchers found that 50 percent expressed negative feelings, and up to 10 percent were classified as having developed "serious psychiatric complications."

I am one not given to believing this type of research, many people give

answers that dont reflect badly back at them. Without thinking too hard

I know of at least six women, who have not regretted their decision and

have no psychosis about it.

creating a child is a magical thing, THE MOST AMAZING THING A WOMEN CAN DO!

IF and WHEN she is in the right place to do so.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I believe in people's right to have the choice and am all about having options in life so I believe in abortion.

Here is my problem with it.
I was taught sex education in school and realize what happens when you put "this" into "there"....a baby comes out.
It bugs me to hear of unplanned pregnancies....it really isn't a hard concept to understand.

The "it just happened" excuse is used too often and always has been.

How bout sticking to the basics of sex ed class and understand what happens when you put "that" in "there" unprotected.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Without sounding like a a 1980s infomercial if you are adult enough to f#ck then deal with the consequences.

I was ignorant once to what a abortion involves but honestly I now view it as a disgusting act, the later term abortions are f#cking terrible and I honestly cannot see how a person could work in such a industry that performs them...

I remember watching a video where abortions nurses told their stories about what does go on and it was about as sicking and blood curdling than I ever imagined.

Pro choice is simply people that shirk their responsibility, I have also found that a major argument for abortion is "rape pregnancy" and of course as a straight white male with privilage I am not supposed to have a say on the subject..

I have never been in a situation where I have had to discuss a abortion with a women, maybe that is because I take responsibility before the shagging starts and if other people did the same there would be very little need for the abortion industry..

Not a popular view but it is my 2pc worth

RA

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: LABTECH767

Just because a woman doesn't want a baby at that time she should be sterilized? You don't want a baby killed but have no problem with the woman being mutilated.

I was exceptionally harsh to put my point across but what business do woman who kill there baby have wanting to be a mother, now yes I recognize that a person changes through there lives so No I would not do so but my shock point stand's.

Like I say for medical reason's, ok, for abuse reason's ok (though I am very much of two opinion's on the second though why should a rape victim especially a child have to bare there rapist's offspring but that said the child itself is innocent and no more chose to come into being than did the victim to be raped so whatever way you look at that it is a double tragedy.

But casual sex, getting an abortion after the fact because it is inconvenient NO, I can understand a woman in poverty not wanting her children to suffer as she has but does that make it right to kill them before they can even be born?.

Abortion IS as old as the human race, sadly, men beating there woman because THEY do not want the child, woman having relationship's with other men and fearing there child will look like the other man, woman drunk on a night out having casual sex and no protection, broken condom's etc all of these have been used as reason's as well as simply the child being inconvenient because the Woman wanting to pursue her career and the child being an unnecessary fashion item or complication she does simply not WANT to deal with so purely selfish reason's as well.

At which point should protection for life start, from the moment there is a brainwave, from the moment there heart start's to beat, from the moment they start to move in the womb, all of these are well within the period that abortion's are carried out now, a day after pill however preventing just a cluster of cell's from forming is perhaps not so much murder as at that point the foetus is not yet anything more than just a few cell's starting to rapidly divide but like many thing's they often don't worry about that casual sex and the day after pill is not even in there cabinet so by the time they decide they need an abortion they have already missed there period and the child is well on it's way to being a true human being.

So I ask you is it right, this is not about woman's right's, it is about Children's right's, this is not about freedom it is about life.

edit on 23-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join