It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you stand on abortion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AMNicks

Thank you that said it perfectly and brought tears to my eye's.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

50% of aborted children are women. where is there rights?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I love women, i love the fact they are aloud many of the spoils the world has to offer the same as a man!

But that video is very powerful, and believe me there are videos out there that would make you sick! The cute illustrated style of this video is worlds away from the real life procedure
edit on 23-1-2017 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
a reply to: greydaze

No they're not. They're not even "children". They're fetuses!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

keep disconnecting yourself from the reality, it'll make it alot easier for you to deny the truth.

you are killing a child, yes ending its life.

YES ending its future.

YES making it none exsistant.

YES denying its potential

Atleast try coming at this debate from a different angle other than "Kill them they aint even people"

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

oh please - try living in social housing on welfare when you want so much more for the children that you have. Then you will truly know what desparation is.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Ummm...ouch...

Does being called a murderous slut...hurt more than the guilt associated with the...choice...?

I'm not asking in a personal way...merely as speculation...

I'm wondering...if the internalized angst caused by the act of aborting a child is then externalized as a defense mechanism and projected in outward displays such as those embarrassing scenes depicted during the march...

(I know this will be taken out of context...however I'm just trying to wrap my head around what must be a very painful emotional decision)

Further...if there is no emotional angst involved with causing the death of a developing fetus...then that raises all sorts of other questions...that need to be explored...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I hope one day you dont have to make this decision..

Assumptions much?

Your lack of remorse or emotion for this process is scary, no matter which way you look at it.

What is it necessary for me to have remorse for?? my views??

Do you have remorse for yours?

Emotions causes problems .... it doesn't solve them.

You cannot kill what is unable to live!!
When talking about a unborn child is borderline sociopath.

Point being we are not talking about an unborn child

we are talking about embryo's and fetus which by their very

condition are unable to survive.

Again i ask you, my sister uses medication to allow her birth defected heart to remain in rhythm, she is incapable of living on her own means.. by your rule im aloud to end her life? is this what you believe?

Silly you!!

Totally off topic she is alive ... living.

I had a child born with a heart defect who lived to the age of 2yrs

and 4months so I do have personal experience.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

So youd rather them dead?

amazing argument! Id rather my children dead, than live on welfare because i was captivate by the incentive's of being a single mother. Instead of having morals and finding a husband, starting a family and giving them the best chance of a good life!

No sympathy, and for your information, ive lived on welfare, ive lived off the government for a short period. it aint nice nor is it ideal, but id rather struggle and do the best for my children than see them dead.

Sickening

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No, you're the one who is disconnected from reality. No one is aborting women. No one is aborting "children". Words have meanings. A fetus is not a child, and certainly not a woman.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Ill quote you again

You cannot kill what is unable to live!!

like a fetus that is unable to live without the support from a mother, my sister is unable to live without the support from medication.

Both are unable to live on there own.

In your eyes both have the same right to be killed without reparation

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Who is responsible for your sister's medication?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Okay for argument sake lets say that the "fetus" isnt a child nor a gender.

Is murder of this human acceptable?

No.

In no case is this acceptable, the real debate lies in what we can do to assure women can be supported through this difficult time and it is a hard time, no doubt about it. fears, doubt, worry are all normal BUT murder should be last on your mind.

Im arguing for less abortion agenda and more prevention.

In cases of rape, we have a different argument.

which an intelligent person such as yourself can give a compelling argument for, no doubt.

But the joyful approach of abortion, mixed with the "3rd wave feminist" agenda towards abortion is both cruel and completely inhumane

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Who is responsible for your sister's medication?

Her doctor, herself and her family.

When she was very young she had no responsibility.

But very good point, shes in control thus keeping herself alive, which a fetus would not be able to. You found a loop hole to try and deconstruct my argument.

More than 5.7 million patients are admitted annually to intensive care units (ICUs) in the United States (U.S.) for intensive or invasive monitoring; support of airway, breathing or circulation; stabilization of acute or life-threatening medical problems; comprehensive management of injury and/or illness; and restoration to stable health status

These examples arent responsible for their survival.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Is abortion murder? No, it is not.

Im arguing for less abortion agenda and more prevention.

That's fine.

In cases of rape, we have a different argument.

Why? If you believe that abortion is murder, why is it okay with you to murder "a child" conceived in rape?
edit on 23-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

keep disconnecting yourself from the reality, it'll make it alot easier for you to deny the truth.

you are killing a child, yes ending its life.

YES ending its future.

YES making it none exsistant.

YES denying its potential

Atleast try coming at this debate from a different angle other than "Kill them they aint even people"

But factually and scientifically speaking they aren't people, a fetus has no nervous system or sentience until around 24 weeks so aren't considered life until then. No ammount of you making stuff up or trying to pretend it's a child changes that.

I'm pro-choice until the 22 - 24 week mark - once CNS is developed that should mark the cut off point.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Semantics

Children are NOT aborted .... fetus's are terminated.

As they have not lived they don't have rights within law.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Never said it is okay.

Can you quote me?

I simply stated that it is a different argument.

Murder is murder, self defense murder is self defense, abortion after rape is...

Thats a debate, I believe it is murder although reparation from the rapist must be extreme..

But then again, underage women who are raped and impregnated, do we grant them allowance for abortions? possibly?

Sadly i dont think you can offer raped women the acceptance for abortion, as many women who would want to bypass the law could use this loophole regardless of the consequences of the male participate.

Although children who are raped and impregnated although they are rare cases, could be given some allowance to the rule.

Again this is new ground. Good ground for a debate

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

oh please - try living in social housing on welfare when you want so much more for the children that you have. Then you will truly know what desparation is.

Lol!!

The post above yours ..... the drama of it!! the lack of reality in it!!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm pro-choice. However, this choice shouldn't be made lightly (often times their not anyway). I didn't read through all the replies so this has probably been mentioned, but what about rape victims? If i were a female i sure as hell would think twice about have a potential child with my rapist. Would you AMNicks, or would you gladly carry on with labor and love the newborn just as much? Think ahead a bit. When the child asks "who's my father?", are you going to lie whilst remembering all too well being beaten and held down in a dirty abandon shack outside of town while an unknown, louse-ridden inbreed penetrates you with force, all the while crying out for help. And then laying there sobbing and bleeding. Please tell me, I'm very interested to know how YOU would react.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join