It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you stand on abortion?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

What exactly are you defending?

That ^^^^ assumes you are a man?

I assume you are a women? pro choice yes?

By your comments you seem to be for womens rights? yes?

Great! so why cant we agree that the convenience of a women is not worth more than a females life? 50% of aborted children are female.. if your pro females rights why prioritize convenience over life?
edit on 23-1-2017 by AMNicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
As a christian I think abortion is a tragedy
Though it an individual's rights to choose as the secular state sees fit

Irrespective the outcome many people never recover from their choice.
Christians should love and support people who have gone through this tragic situation.
No judgement, just love.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong; but I believe clinically speaking death is pronounced at the cessation of either brain or heart function.

I think, therefore; that an appropriate time to establish life - would be the beginning of one of these to function...this still allows six ish weeks to terminate a pregnancy, and under most circumstances this is ample time for the woman and potentially her partner to establish that she is in fact pregnant, and to decide on a course of action.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

What do you base that on?

What the Bible says about Abortion

The Bible says nothing whatsoever about abortion. It never mentions the subject, not once, neither in the Old Testament nor the New. This isn’t because abortion was unknown in the ancient world. Much to the contrary, the ancient Greeks and Romans were well-acquainted with the idea. Surviving writings from these cultures recommend the use of herbs like pennyroyal, silphium and hellebore to induce abortion; others advise vigorous physical activity to cause a miscarriage, and some even discuss surgical methods.

There’s nothing about abortion in the Bible

Do you think the story in 2 Kings 2:23-24 is a tragedy?

2 Kings 2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

2 Kings 2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Against unless the pregancy will risk the life of the mother or its rape.

Abortion should not be used a "birth control".

Use pill, condom ect or keep your legs clossed.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks

I assume you are a women? pro choice yes?

By your comments you seem to be for womens rights? yes?

I prefer that everyone has rights none superceding another'

Great! so why cant we agree that the convenience of a women is not worth more than a females life? 50% of aborted children are female.. if your pro females rights why prioritize convenience over life?

The convenience of ^^^that^^^ woman is totally HER business

so keep out of it.

And as the majority of abortions are in the first eight weeks the

fetus hasn't developed gender till 9/13 weeks so your point is

irrelevant.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
At which point should protection for life start, from the moment there is a brainwave, from the moment there heart start's to beat, from the moment they start to move in the womb, all of these are well within the period that abortion's are carried out now, a day after pill however preventing just a cluster of cell's from forming is perhaps not so much murder as at that point the foetus is not yet anything more than just a few cell's starting to rapidly divide but like many thing's they often don't worry about that casual sex and the day after pill is not even in there cabinet so by the time they decide they need an abortion they have already missed there period and the child is well on it's way to being a true human being.

22 WEEKS

Before this they cannot survive in the real world .... because their organs

are not fully developed, their skin is like paper and their immune system

is nil.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

What do i think , ask my youngest son . His mother wanted to abort because of age . Pretty sure he would be against it .

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Where do you stand on abortion?

I do not deal in 'pro choice' or 'pro life', but if those aree the two extremes - abortion illegal vs ridiculously lax abortion laws - I fall somewhere in between.

I think abortion should be avoided, or at least that it should not be treated as an mundane option to avoid parenthood.

I also think that abortion should remain/be legal. We have multi kontinental empirical evidence for backroom abortions being a frighteningly widespread consequence of bans.

I most certainly think that American abortion law need to be tightened. I have always shaken my head at American anti-abortion activist, but somewhat recently I found out how late an abortion can legally be done, and it shocked me. It is literally babies, not fetuses, in the late stages that is aborted - even at the point past viability!

I am not condoning radical measures, but suddenly anti-abortion activism made so much more sense.

Of course there is medical exceptions, but in Denmark the limit is at 12 weeks, and there is no indication that that is too low by any criteria. And neither should it be. Any rational, not totally self absorbed human being should be able to make such a decision early on.

So there.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I actually find your passion for death sickening.

their organs are not fully developed, their skin is like paper and their immune system is nil.

Justifying murder.. your description of the unborn child is both alarming and disturbing.. neither one of these "facts" make me want to kill a human.

Sorry

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I agree! Dont make it illegal, purely for the cases of children/ rape victims. But at least make it frowned upon!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I am 100% pro choice. Even if the father desperately wants abortion. It is the woman's choice. Even if she's a psycho. Her body her choice.

I believe that life starts at conception, and i agree that abortion is a form of murder. I still give the mother 100% choice. I would prefer that late term abortions be kept to a minimum, but it's between the mother and her service provider.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I would consider myself pro-life, with the standard exceptions regarding the mother's health, cases of rape, etc. I certainly don't in any way support the procedure as a form of casual birth control and consider it morally reprehensible to be used in that manner. That being said, although I would support banning the procedure under most circumstances, it is currently legal. As long as it remains legal, a person has the right to make their own decisions and their own justifications for their own actions within the boundaries of the law.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

originally posted by: Raggedyman

What do you base that on?

The Bible says nothing whatsoever about abortion. It never mentions the subject, not once, neither in the Old Testament nor the New. This isn’t because abortion was unknown in the ancient world. Much to the contrary, the ancient Greeks and Romans were well-acquainted with the idea. Surviving writings from these cultures recommend the use of herbs like pennyroyal, silphium and hellebore to induce abortion; others advise vigorous physical activity to cause a miscarriage, and some even discuss surgical methods.

There’s nothing about abortion in the Bible

Do you think the story in 2 Kings 2:23-24 is a tragedy?

2 Kings 2:23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

2 Kings 2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

With an understanding that childish I can only assume you are not a Christian... and you are going to preach the bible at me, seriously?
You think you know the bible, really
Think as an atheist? you are going to preach at me

Where are your brains at, how many drinks you had?

And no, I think you don't understand the story of 2 Kings, I think you don't understand the context of the story, I think you are a fool

I also don't think you have any capacity as an atheist to tell Christians how they should act or how to understand the bible
As it's not for me to tell non Christians how to act

That's insanity, did you not notice in my post I said it wasn't for me to decide what others do yet you preach at me, you preach at me your Sunday school understanding of the bible

You fundamental atheists are all the same, pushy, arrogant self righteous hero wannabes

And Finaly, to top of your ignorance and arrogance you used non to anti Christian sites to support your views, well done. Go back to school, get an education
edit on 23-1-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

their organs are not fully developed, their skin is like paper and their immune system is nil.

Justifying murder.. your description of the unborn child is both alarming and disturbing.. neither one of these "facts" make me want to kill a human.

Sorry
And.... here comes the attacks. Women don't have abortions just because they want to kill a human. They do it because a child would be inconvenient. And i'm fine with that.
edit on 23-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Stripping away rights from citizens is a slippery slope...

People need to mind their own business.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman Bravo! A compassionate, though not approving, opinion on abortion.

Abortion is very sad. Women in that Situation abort when carrying seems hopeless. To prevent abortion, our society needs to abandon this judgment of women, and support social and fiscal alternatives.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

What passion??? Where do you get that

from? Death is a fact of life!!

You cannot kill what is unable to live!!

Even IF being naturally born early....It is their own inability that

doesn't allow them to survive.

Or do you believe in miracles?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I am pro-choice up to the point when the mass of cells have brain and heart activity, at which point the embryo should be treated as a person and given a chance at life. Late term abortions should only be done in extreme cases where both the life of the mother and the baby are at risk and it should be her choice who to save (if it is possible to save the baby).

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
We've got an interesting trend in this thread...

Everyone so far who believes that abortion is always murder hasn't made an argument to support their case.

Meanwhile, those who are pro-choice are mostly trying to determine when abortion becomes murder by using a logical analysis of the facts.

There's no question in my mind who is attempting to truly get to the truth of the matter.

It looks to me like people who try to use the Bible to support their pro-life stance have some big problems based on what the Bible says.

A fetus is not considered a human life.

If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. -- Exodus 21:22-23

The Bible places no value on fetuses or infants less than one month old.

And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6

Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons.

Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD. -- Numbers 3:15-16

God sometimes approves of killing fetuses.

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? ... Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. -- Numbers 31:15-17

(Some of the non-virgin women must have been pregnant. They would have been killed along with their unborn fetuses.)
Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. -- Hosea 9:14

Yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb. -- Hosea 9:16

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. -- Hosea 13:16

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join