It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you stand on abortion?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Unless I got her pregnant, it's none of my business. Women should have the right to choice and live with the consequences.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Elethia,
Lifestyle choice abortion's are abominable.
Medical abortion's are acceptable but there I have still conflicting view's but the mother's life should be placed paramount in that circumstance, rape victim's etc acceptable but not lifestyle choice inconvenient children or because she had an argument with her boyfriend and broke up with him.
In the UK the abortion period is far TOO long at 24 week's, by this time the child has a heart rate, dream's, sleep's and wake's and has brain wave activity.

edit on 23-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I don't believe that sex results in the creation of a brand new shiny innocent soul. I believe in reincarnation. All bodies die at their appointed time. I believe that the "soul" seeks and finds a suitable body in order to experience what is necessary for their spiritual growth.

I don't believe that children should be viewed or treated as "consequences" or as a "punishment" because a woman enjoyed sex. I believe children should be joyfully and lovingly welcomed to this world.

I believe that US law of the land, Roe V Wade, is not broken and doesn't need to be fixed.

edit on 23-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I am 100% pro choice. Even if the father desperately wants abortion. It is the woman's choice. Even if she's a psycho. Her body her choice.

I believe that life starts at conception, and i agree that abortion is a form of murder. I still give the mother 100% choice. I would prefer that late term abortions be kept to a minimum, but it's between the mother and her service provider.

"I agree that abortion is a form of murder"

Is this aloud? are we accepting the advocation of murder now?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
All bodies die at their appointed time.

Doesn't that belief preclude any free will at all? Let's take the case of someone who dies of food poisoning from food they ate at a restaurant. Let's say it happened because the chef made a mistake when preparing the food. From what I gather, according to your belief about this, the chef was destined to make that mistake. Furthermore, the person who died was destined to be eating at that restaurant at that exact time. In order for those things to have happened about a million other things would have had to happen exactly right to lead up to that.

How does free will work with that belief system?
edit on 23-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

"Inconvenient"

waiting in traffic when your late for work is inconvenient.

Your local shop running out of bread is inconvenient.

Getting your self knocked up irresponsibly may be inconvenient. but just like my other examples MURDER is not an acceptable solution.

And before you throw your fake news agenda at me "here comes the attacks!"

This is a debate, a forum asking for our stand on abortion, im purely trying to drill into your sociopath brain that killing a human for your convenience is inhumane

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I don't believe in "free will" as most people see it. I believe the "soul" has chosen a path that the body is not privy too.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Not going there.

Nope.

Been there, done that, got all the T-shirts...

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: windword
So let's see all those bored lonely guy's will come back as Pamela Anderson
so that they can learn if they like or hate being ogled by complete strangers just because they are pneumatically endowed.

Now mate each life has a unique soul, reincarnation may occur but it is a merging with and not a replacing of the unformed soul of the child, I remember driving through Huyton (Merseyside England) as a child (My mother was driving - divorced single parent whom disagrees with abortion as well) and having a sudden feeling come over me followed by a complete personality change, one moment I was a happy child fascinated looking at the town were my mother's friend lived and the next I was claiming my name was John along with memory's of being an elderly man walking down a much earlier Huyton with 1930's-1950's cars and very few of them parked here and there on the street, it being cobbled and I knew were the pub was and the shop before we even passed them, as I said my mother has the gift but even she had her hair standing on end on this occasion, as we left the town the memory's faded, my interpretation, I thought I was john because he found a blank-ish soul of a young child and was on a similar wavelength so this man whom I could remember having tweed pant's, cloth cap, cloth jacket, walking stick and hole's in his shoes whom loved to drink down at this local and remembered vividly saying morning to people in his neighbourhood as well as him saying "Morning John" back to him, this small guy of probably only about 5 foot tall - I am six foot two inch, well my opinion was that he was NOT me and I am not him, he was a likable but rather boring simple man but definitely despite me receiving the sudden input of his life data was not me and I was not him, if I had been I Would remember, my take on it is this - my own Ego reasserted itself and he was expelled or went to sleep after merging with me, I now have no memory of his life on and I WAS that magical 2 and a half but remember it vividly as does my mother whom like I said had the hairs on the back of her neck standing up, oh and I have had a lifetime of strange incident's including paranormal so why then were those entity's not reincarnated?, why were they and other ghosts/spirits loitering around - sorry but to me though I try to keep an open mind and do believe there are SOME genuine cases most reincarnation is just passing through so to speak and not the actual person that child becomes or was born to be.
Now my experience was of being a nobody, an elderly man in Huyton whom was brassic (Penniless) and spent his little pension down the pub, a widower and how many Cleopatra's and Mark Antony do there have to be to know that most reincarnation believers in the west are merely projecting a fantasy?, but like I say some cases may be real but it is NOT the general rule of thumb for our species.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am as anti-government being in our business as anybody. Including medical procedures. As a man, I have no right what so ever to tell a woman what to do with her body. So, I am very strongly pro-choice. However, I am not in favor of the late term abortions, outside of medical reasons(which happen) or other special conditions.

The less the government approves or dictates what happens to our bodies, the better off everybody is.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
Lifestyle choice abortion's are abominable.

*Lifestyle* ..... means different things to different people?

You, by saying ^^^that^^^ are impinging your ideas of

lifestyle on another?

People should be able to make life discisions for themselves.

In the same way we dont normally and openly call out other

peoples religious beliefs Even when we dont agree with them?

In the UK the abortion period is far TOO long at 24 week's, by this time the child has a heart rate, dream's, sleep's and wake's and has brain wave activity.

Absolutely

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I believe in a Woman's right to choose..

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I hope one day you dont have to make this decision..

Your lack of remorse or emotion for this process is scary, no matter which way you look at it. Simply stating that

You cannot kill what is unable to live!!

When talking about a unborn child is borderline sociopath.

Again i ask you, my sister uses medication to allow her birth defected heart to remain in rhythm, she is incapable of living on her own means.. by your rule im aloud to end her life? is this what you believe?

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

So you agree if the abortion is within a much smaller window before the child has become more than a group of sell's then it is perhaps less evil, I still have difficulty from an ethical stand point though do still think doctor's doing this procedure for no valid medical purpose are wrong
, as you know there is a debate were the isle of man currently is debating the matter as it is still illegal there (which I actually like them for).

As for lifestyle yes I can understand if the parent feel's there child is going to face a lifetime of poverty and deprivation but still some of the greatest human being's have risen from such circumstance so is it right even then?.

A young child (Adult you know what I mean I regard most under thirty as Kid's) with nowhere to go, yes, and some other extenuating circumstances I regard not as lifestyle choice and in our current economic climate in the uk there are surprisingly high level's of homeless, you know all that sanctioning, homelessness etc are great way's of hiding the true unemployment figure's but hey all politicians lie and that is another debate.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I don't really think the debate question has been properly framed.

Woman have had abortions since man began. Of this, there is no doubt because it is evidenced by the bodies of woman who died seeking to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.

The question is not "should woman be allowed to terminate their pregnancy" That is going to happen one way or another.

The question is "should a doctor or some medical professional be allowed to assist woman to terminate a pregnancy with decreased risk to the woman".

I vote yes!

If a man had to undertake the risks of backstreet abortions, there would be no question as to what the law would be. There is also no question that for those able to pay, such medical procedures would be disguised as something else but still provided. The only people who would be affected would be lower class woman who could not afford to pay the higher fees.

Now why does anyone want to make the lives of poor woman any harder than they already are?

link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

So let's see all those bored lonely guy's will come back as Pamela Anderson so that they can learn if they like or hate being ogled by complete strangers just because they are pneumatically endowed.

That would be between said "spiritual entity", or "soul", and their "god".

Now my experience was of being a nobody, an elderly man in Huyton whom was brassic (Penniless) and spent his little pension down the pub, a widower and how many Cleopatra's and Mark Antony do there have to be to know that most reincarnation believers in the west are merely projecting a fantasy?, but like I say some cases may be real but it is NOT the general rule of thumb for our species.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Bodies don't have to be "soul cages". In my dreams, I used to romp over grassy knolls with my Golden Retriever Bart, RIP. I've communed with all kinds of souls that don't reside in my body, but are welcome to come in for a brief tea.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

link   
just thought id drop this in for educational purposes

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks
"Inconvenient"

And IF you know of a short cut ..... wouldn't you take it?

There's always a substitute .... or another local.

Getting your self knocked up irresponsibly may be inconvenient. but just like my other examples MURDER is not an acceptable solution.

A survival can be terminated .... but

You cannot murder before a survival is possible.

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Educate yourself my fellow human!

Now why does anyone want to make the lives of poor woman any harder than they already are?

Women have it so easy in the western world!

posted on Jan, 23 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: AMNicks
"Inconvenient"

And IF you know of a short cut ..... wouldn't you take it?

There's always a substitute .... or another local.

A survival can be terminated .... but

You cannot murder before a survival is possible.

Notice your choice of alternatives!!

1. choose another road

2. Choose another shop

3. KILL KILL KILL!

I feel that i dont even have to debate with you! your words speak volumes

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join