It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer Abuser ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
You just had to sharpen a pencil(graphite) or use silver paint on a thin brush to close a small gap. It was used in factory to set the clock speed and multiplier and later covered with a dipping agent. Scrub it away, close the bridge.

I´m not sure, I bought PSU´s for years from them, for different projects. I think they are at least 7-10 years old, but not sure. Relative new, yes.

Edit: I also abuse one as my workbench makeshift powersupply, because it has enough juice on the 12V + 5V rails. Just replaced the filter and build in some thermal fuses + bigger & faster capacitors and diodes on the rails so it can take flyback currents. They are very stable and robust build, and quiet. You can´t hear them, at least not I. I´m not affiliated with BeQuiet, they´re just doing a very good job.
edit on 5-2-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Ah, I looked them up and looks like they are based in Germany, same as yourself. That could be why I as an American am just beginning to see them.
edit on 5-2-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I´m sure they are not build in Germany, because I just went around the case (it´s still open from the othe build) and it reads "...Made in China". German engineered, maybe exclusive parts but build in china.

If the manufacture street and soldering robots are from Germany, too, the country does not matter

edit on 5-2-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I'm a fan of Fractal Design. I had to special order their CPU cooler from the UK as there was not a US distributor. I'm guessing it was the same for BeQuiet or I could just not have noticed.

They seem to have some good quality stuff however.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Did Fractal Design have a case in the earlier 2000s? I think I remember one but it was in the luxory price range. Could also be mistaken. Since I bought my first Chieftec atx big tower I always use those. They´re practical, sturdy and you can pack a lot of hardware into the case. I built one with water cooling ten years ago with the MK2 core, but to be honest, my current setup with the huge enermax CPU fan is really nearly noiseless, and hassle free... on a 4x3.9 Ghz... even on heavier usage. No need for any more fans, the case is so big the rest of the heat just disipates into the 2mm metal sheets. Easy plug in features and a ton of toolless screws. Big but decent.

www.google.de...

I use one in the workshop for the 3D-printer and it´s packed with other electronics, serial interfaces, mosfet and stepper drivers etc. Perfect alround case for such stuff.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: neo96

Please tell me you bought a quality power supply!

To anyone reading this:

NEVER SKIMP OUT ON THE POWER SUPPLY! GHYYAAAAA

....that is all..

Coolermaster V1000

Didn't skimp on that LOL.
edit on 5-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Good to hear. I have had zero issues with my cooler master after plenty of OC's and around 8 years of abuse.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I was impressed with this haf 922 case.

Thought I would get one of their psu's.

Went to their online store, and checked out their case accessories.

I can upgrade this case to usb 3.0 without any problems.

So when this current setup gets beyond repair.

All I have to do is switch out the mobo.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well I should get my psu sometime today.

My ssds still haven't shipped. Bummer.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
New Psu is installed.

Played some Crysis for about 10 minutes with no restart.

So So far so good.

I was worried the cables might be too short for the CPU power header. That turned out alright.

Enough room to spare.

I like the cables. They really locked in to place on the PSU and the power connectors for the drives.

Maybe I did have a bad psu causing all the BSOD's. Maybe not.

SSD's are next up.

When ever they decide to ship.

Got two nice black coolermaster bags for odds and ends.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well there seems to be a turn of events.

My ssds should arrive tomorrow.

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Well there seems to be a turn of events.

My ssds should arrive tomorrow.

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Score!

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
After the last hour and a half I was ready to take a sledge hammer to this pos.

I mean seriously.

A fresh install should not be any trouble. First time. I don't know what the hell happened.

The library, and all the other things in the start menu decided to self delete.

So A new format and did another fresh install.

And then programs that I've had no problems installing decided they didn't want to install this go around.

So the 'fix' to that was a reboot, and then they wanted to coooperate.

My backup drive( Old IDE from a Dell hand me down) decided to finally brick or at least that's what I called it.

I picked the hard drive up and decided to get all lopsided on me. I am guessing the magnetic field or some thing to the effect. So it's trashed.

The good part is the ssds installed fine. Although I don't like the bracket I got. Because it places them too close together. Putting the power cables on was difficult.

I am currently in the process of re installing the rest of the programs I use.

Any rate.

Back up and running getting nice speeds on them.

Obviously not the fastest on the market.

But for $49 bucks a piece on SATA II.

I have no complaints.

I left my velociraptors in place. All I have to do is hook the cables back up if my ssds decide to brick.

What a day.

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Windows Boot Time:

22 Seconds.
edit on 10-2-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Nice that you got it working!
I always use removeable docks for SSDs. Bought ten of them in a sale years ago. Fit´s into floppy channel and can hold two SSDs per rack, my chieftec can hold 2 of them. Plug and play, no cables to screw with.

The machine I recently built for someone else boots up in 14 seconds from cold (that one with the gpu on the cpu). The Win7 logo with the 4 color dots doesn´t even load completely. The monitor turns on shortly before the win7 logo. Disabled hibernation of course. The kingston hyper x ssd surely rocks. Installed Win7 like an oiled lightning bolt.

I´m impressed, but there´s not much installed on it. Only standard office tools... #, while I write this,I remember I forgot to go through autoruns a last time before handing over the rig. Google updater...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join