It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest By Women is Too Huge to Dismiss as a One Hit Wonder.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You literally believe everything he says.

Why?
edit on 1/22/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: carewemust

I must say, I was STUNNED to see on a restaurant T.V. today (tuned to CNN), that millions of women ALL OVER THE WORLD were protesting! It's apparent that some very strong emotions, feelings, and convictions are in play. Probably dissatisfactions that have been building up for months...or years?

This article does a good job of showing the extent of global protests..
www.msn.com... ntp

But it doesn't do a good job of explaining the WHY and WHAT and WHEN. So I'm starting this thread to ask WOMEN (and Men, & "Other"), who identify with, and understand the overall protest movement, to PLEASE chime in, and personally share with the global ATS community:

1. WHY are you upset enough to take time out of your busy life to protest?

2. WHAT are you hoping to accomplish?

3. WHEN will you say, "Hey, our protesting worked! My sacrifices were worth it!"

Wow. Just.........wow.

The fact that you have to ask these questions shows just how far removed from reality you are.

It's a learning curve. Care to assist?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
What gets me is that this is being turned into a binary thing.
It's almost as if no women voted for trump.
I've seen plenty of women interviewed who were at inauguration.

All that said, my wife pointed out that any republican politician has an unhealthy interest in women's sexual health and so protesting against any of them makes a sort of sense.
This one's just bigger because all the msm portray Trump as the very devil.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You literally believe everything he says.

Why?

Because he gives answers that make sense to CareWeMust. Aren't you that way in your interaction with fellow humans?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I try to avoid confirmation bias.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Seems like a colossal waste of time and energy based on misrepresentation, propaganda, and lies. But hey, if that''s what you feel you need to do, go right ahead. My aunt was down there, she has basically shunned our whole family because of this, but hey that's her choice. Thanksgiving and Christmas this year were certainly different. and probably will be for many years to come. While sad, I'd still vote Trump, country over my own self interests.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
PROTEST as you will BUT CLEAN up after ..PIGS...
By their ACTIONS shall you KNOW them...

After the Women's March concluded in New York and Washington D.C., countless protest signs were left in notable locations.

After marching, people left their signs on the doorstep of Trump International. #WomensMarch #WomensMarchOnWashington 4 replies 51 retweets 80 likes

Twitter

edit on 22-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Why now and what does that have to do with Trump?

Because Trump objectifies women, and demeans them publicly like a crass schoolyard bully.

Because people he has appointed want to do away with the right to choose, restricting women's freedoms.

Because those kinds of mindsets LEAD to the kind of mindset where an adolescent boys social standing and swimming ability are taken into consideration by a judge sentencing a rape case.

And because the man who has said, and done those things is now your PRESIDENT.

I honestly can't believe I had to explain that.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Projection at it's MOST corrupt application.
Since you are SO separate from the male mindset I suggest YOU ASK one before you decide WHO they WILL be.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Ask who?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I think he means a male.
I'm a male. You can ask me.

If he doesn't mean a male, never mind.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I expect he means the alpha fails we have on this site who are so insecure about feminists

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hmm.

Well, if i need to go talk to a 46 year old male then I guess I better go and look in a mirror.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

All that said, my wife pointed out that any republican politician has an unhealthy interest in women's sexual health and so protesting against any of them makes a sort of sense.

Trumps tends to Damn himself by his own words. You do not need to invoke any news media when we have his incessant Tweets!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

originally posted by: thesaneone
Why now and what does that have to do with Trump?

Because Trump objectifies women, and demeans them publicly like a crass schoolyard bully.

Because people he has appointed want to do away with the right to choose, restricting women's freedoms.

Because those kinds of mindsets LEAD to the kind of mindset where an adolescent boys social standing and swimming ability are taken into consideration by a judge sentencing a rape case.

And because the man who has said, and done those things is now your PRESIDENT.

I honestly can't believe I had to explain that.

You actually do not but this is the nature of win at all cost politics. Unacceptable truths are merely swept under the carpet. Welcome to the mud pit where everyone expresses them selves according to beliefs and damn the TRUTH even when it potentially and actually hurts a group that comes from c50% of the population.

Wait for the next sexually assault defence of well my president said it was OK
too grab them down there.
Can you imagine if a black man said that??? It is cool for an ugly white guy though!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Tiger5

Not if you spell it that way.

I live and work in London therefore use the Queen's English so shoot me for adapting!

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Oh they care now but not when Slick Willy was in there??

What policy position did Bill, and the Democrats, support that was bad for women??

The Republican congress is a gigantic threat to everyone except wealthy, conservative, business people.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Have to take the good with the bad.....but damn would be making bank!!!!a reply to: c2oden

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Who has an unhealthy interest in women's sexual health?

Republicans aren't the ones who consistently run ads telling me, a women, to vote with my private parts.

It doesn't seem to me that they are all that interested in sex.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Oh they care now but not when Slick Willy was in there??

What policy position did Bill, and the Democrats, support that was bad for women??

The Republican congress is a gigantic threat to everyone except wealthy, conservative, business people.

Granted this is an Obama thing, but the narrator breaks it down and explains how government policies interfere with and make it difficult for a little girl, woman, etc., to live without government holding her hand in the form of programs and assistance.

I think we're all familiar with the Life of Julia, and the irony, as explained, is that government created the problems they claim to be solving.

Just think of 3-year-old Julia. Assuming she can even be born, running the government-funded abortion gauntlet, she them gets to be enrolled in government funded head start (pre-school or daycare really) because her mother has to work because the government has so weakened the economy and raised the taxes that it's no longer possible for her mother to stay home with her even if she wanted to (assuming she comes from a two-parent home).

And it goes from there ...

See how government has "helped" Julia?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join