It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest By Women is Too Huge to Dismiss as a One Hit Wonder.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Having read the Guiding Principles under which the Women's March was organised, I can say that I agree with most of what they seek, but not all, there are some sticking points which require a different non-generalised approach. A lot of the principles could equally apply to men (of all ethnicity), and that many of the principles require far greater analysis and clarification in order for a consensus to be reached.

The protest is not about women or gender rights, it is about making a better world of equality for humanity to be expressed and to be enjoyed in all its diversity. As it stands, the Women's March seeks an exclusivity with regards to rights, some they definitely should have, but others want arguing with. Some rights could be achieved immediately, but others will take many years as it would take paradigm shifts in society for them to be acknowledged. Irrespective of how one feels about the rights they seek, it is going to take a seismic shift in mindset just for them to be argued with. Not all noble thoughts and principles have a foundational truth from which the struggle can be focussed.

Right now, however, human societies are not in a position to look at all the issues with the respect they deserve. None of this is Trump's fault or doing, but rightly or wrongly he has become the focus of their ire, but he is under no obligation to address their concerns, not while the world is in political turmoil. We need to gain a stability, one that is lasting, but we cannot gain that until we adjust and move away from the divisive politics and economics of the last 30 or so years. We need to take our destinies out of the hands of the political and financial elites, and force them to accept that we forge our own. On this issue, we are all in the same boat.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Straight from the horse's mouth:

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: carewemust

If health insurance companies will be used to pay medical bills in the new system, their solvency will obviously be important.

Obviously.
So you are in favor of government subsidy of corporations which act in the public interest. Cool.

What is the ultimate source of that subsidy?

Taxes and Fees. It would be MUCH MORE EFFICIENT to simply open up Medicare to everyone, and use the existing taxes and fees to help lower/middle income people pay some-to-all of the $490 monthly per-person premium.

The problem with that is the medical industry. Medicare pays less per-procedure or treatment, than Private (Non-ObamaCare) health insurance does. That's a very influential, powerful lobby.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So, you are in favor of socialized health care.
It does have attractive points.

edit on 1/21/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It made me so sad today to see thousands of women supporting the right to murder their unborn children.
It breaks my heart to a million pieces.
Our country has allowed the murder of innocents to become the norm and accepted.
True, real evil exists.

Why aren't you educating men that they MUST wear condoms? That one single charge will prevent almost all abortions (except for the ones where the baby is already dead.)

And it's far cheaper than birth control pills. Boys should be taught this.

Personally, I think while a man should wear and purchase them, women just need to go ahead and have one on them and force it to be worn. Otherwise no happy fun times.

Unfortunately, it's just too much hassle to do that, because the moment is so heated, as opposed to going and having an abortion later on. (/s)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Marg6043, please consider that wanting people to "respect" you, makes you vulnerable. That's why so many people mentally or physically suffer, when they don't win contests where "judges" pick winners.

Being rejected doesn't hurt, if you don't put yourself in the position of wanting to be accepted, or respected, in the first place.

edit on 1/21/2017 by carewemust because: spelling

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
So, you are in favor of socialized health care.
It does have attractive points.

From the patient's point of view, it should be no different than healthcare that's paid by individuals, or insurance companies, IF THE FUNDING IS RIGHT.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

These women marching obviously aren't pushing anything pro Sharia Law though so how does that make sense??

Sharia Law wouldn't allow for Women Activists either so she'd be supporting her own silencing. Explain that??

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Anyone who lives in a country where a male adolescent's social standing and swimming ability is taken into consideration during the sentencing of a rape case by a judge really should not even be thinking of asking why women were marching.

The fact that such stuff was even considered by a member of the judiciary in the USA in 2016 proves, still, that attitudes to women and equality considerationa are still way off the mark.

And that's just one issue.

There are many others.

If people can't understand that, then I question their objectiveness and/or their reality.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Women in this day and age and especially in America have it just as good if not more so then men. In a lot of cases they have more options to them in life and in academic life in jobs and in a lot of other places.

This whole women are oppressed and second class citizens is a myth especially in the USA. But who knows what there protesting and why on Trump being president, they are probably some months to late on it being relevant, and they are and even that link you posted was not really clear on anything.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm all for proactive protest but they are jumping the gun, Trump hasn't done much at all yet and is replacing the healthcare with something else as is was crippling businesses and hurting the economy, I never understood why they had to get private companies involved with universal healthcare at the design stage, as the companies only look after their shareholders and premiums were bound to rise, I hope it failed ~ as the UK is selling lots off to private companies and failure might stem the flow here in the UK. Anyway at least wait and see what it replacing it first.

Why didn't the women come out in support of all the women bombed and killed through from sale of bombs from the UK and USA to Saudi and the starving women of Yemen cluster bombed. Those tolerant Saudi's are so well known for women's rights and ISIL as well that have been armed by the USA, as there are no moderate terrorist groups in Syria. George Soros has his money behind lots of these groups and people with good intentions are being used for political means. Protest by all means but be educated as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think one reason they might be pissed off enough to finally say something is because most of the time Women's issues whatever they may be are ridiculed and dismissed as unimportant by men in power. Take for example, today the son of our new National Security Advisor made a comment about these women protestors saying "What do they want, Free Manicures/Pedicures???"

Well in his world he is right. After all he is the son of our new national security advisor. Most of the women that come to him would want to be dined and treated and taken of a ride as well, maybe even manicures and pedicures. How do you know he is trying to make a jest on women? And not simply stating a fact that was true from all he has seen all his life?

Maybe you took it out of the context. Maybe it really was a question for him.

Now how many women would turn down a free manicure and pedicure? Imagine that rich and powerful men not attracting women? You cant can you, its pretty hard to imagine I give you that.

That was just one guy sure. But all too often that is the reaction from people, usually men in power to what issues women have.

There is no issues there., When men have power lots of women like that and them. When they dont, then they dont have issues or problems with women because they will not be sticking around. What is the issue then? If they did not want to be there then they would not be there.

Like Abortion, it's always been Men making the laws that Women have to abide by and regardless of how you feel about abortion it is an important issue. Having some entitled douche bag go out of their way just to belittle you because you take a stand is going to lead to some pissed off people eventually.Text

I don't think trump much cares for such things. And I agree with abortions, but others disagree. It is what it is. And it should be by law go by individual cases. I am sure most would agree, even trump if you place it in the right way and argue your case. If not, and there is one encompassing law on abortions. Then me thinks that is stepping to far and he just may go in the quiness book of records on the shortest presidential run in history. What I am saying is, if things go all baloney and bad then its time to get a new president.

But there not likely to go there. If anything state by state is as fair as things get, because there will not be a massive consensus on this subject country wide it is not feasible. Your talking about people who cant even agree on simple things, much less this.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: britelite1971

Whatever your likely just peeved about something.

Besides who is saying that? I sure as hell have not had it easier because I have a penis between my legs. In fact the only real advantage to men is that we can write our name in the snow and you all can not.

I'm not there because I can't be. I can't get off work because I am busy supporting my family alone but I know why they are there. They are there because they have never been able to rely on the men in their life. They have worked hard to raise their families alone & support themselves alone. They do it all by themselves, everything for them, everything for their children, everything for the elderly in their lives & no man has Ever stepped in & rescued them.

Congratulations. You almost have it as good as the majority of men have had it for practically all of human history. When was the last time a woman steeped in and rescued a man that was down on his luck? Can you even name a time that it happened even fantasy books or movies? Because it just may have never happened in all of human history, I am talking about at the very least a 200,000 thousand year stretch here.

Do you want a medal of recognition? Just messing. I am quite sure you will get over it. And who knows, maybe even one day we will finally find out what this protest was about. Hopefully somebody will do a study on it and write it out in some history book or something. Seems quite perplexing.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Anyone who lives in a country where a male adolescent's social standing and swimming ability is taken into consideration during the sentencing of a rape case by a judge really should not even be thinking of asking why women were marching.

The fact that such stuff was even considered by a member of the judiciary in the USA in 2016 proves, still, that attitudes to women and equality considerationa are still way off the mark.

And that's just one issue.

There are many others.

If people can't understand that, then I question their objectiveness and/or their reality.

Why now and what does that have to do with Trump?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Their scared...afraid

A rapists in the white house, a crotch grabber

Its a scary prospect for right thinking woman

Biggest fear mongering campaign since WW1 and the media has other reasons to deny truth..they just use these lies to get people to protest...AGENDA 21 complete.

Its sad watching people i know get swept away by this...people who USED to be able to discern at least a few things in life.

We are truly at the end of the age...these people are ripe for the harvest...we will stop the harvest mid chew since that is about the only time they will be awakened to who is REALLY causing all the strife and pain in the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It made me so sad today to see thousands of women supporting the right to murder their unborn children.
It breaks my heart to a million pieces.
Our country has allowed the murder of innocents to become the norm and accepted.
True, real evil exists.

Why aren't you educating men that they MUST wear condoms? That one single charge will prevent almost all abortions (except for the ones where the baby is already dead.)

And it's far cheaper than birth control pills. Boys should be taught this.

Boys should be offered free vasectomies from the age of 16 up.....without anyone knowing....they should be free to choose this....that way the lefties can be satisfied the whiteys will die off....

Women hate condoms as much as men...

I wonder what the reaction of women will be when suddenly NOONE is getting pregnant...i see it getting very popular in my city...and is an easily reversible procedure now for those that may actually want a child at some point.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Actually the most fair way would be to allow for each person to decide for themselves. Even State by State law is still forcing some against their will to comply unless everyone in a state agrees which is highly unlikely.

Allowing each person to make the choice on their own is the most fair and equal to go. It's that simple really. Which is what Pro-Choice is. It simply allows each person to choose on their own behalf. Nobody is made to do anything. Pretty simple.

As for your excuses for how powerful men sometimes act, I think you missed what I was saying and are also assuming I'm too naive to know BS when I hear it. So I'll just dismiss most of what you said at the start of your post. No offense.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Because the lefties are trying to extinguish White People??? Are you serious???

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Wait till the end where they are shown the full truth of who scorned them.....

We will free women from the NEW chains that are draped all over them...the ones they cannot see...

The entire Universe will shout and tremble then...a hint. It is not men...whitey or even anything human that will be subject to the females healing wrath.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1
Some people just seem to be oblivious to that and locker room talk. In fact even outside the locker room it happens. Reminds me of about a year ago. This dude at the gym. Every time he was with the boys would always refer to his girlfriend as that b****, or my b****, and she went to the same gym.

Still remember when they were all in a group and talking about things, his girlfriend was coming over, and they were like, here comes your b****. She came over all hey sweetie and all that. When she was there he was talking normal when she left back to slang and macho talk.

Later I found out on his birthday she bought him a car, and the dude was making pretty good money himself. So ya! They are clueless if they think trump is the only one that talks like that behind closed doors even married men or rich men, in fact the richer they are the more likely they favor such lingo, or depending on the person. And in fact its much more likely that if your like that you will attract women then if you were not.

And lets face it the guy in his day when younger likely had no problem getting women. Wouldn't not surprise me if you did a background check on most of the women that seem to not like trump because of this that in there youth they were attracted to guys exactly like Trump and likely lead them around free flights to free dinner to you name it. And have a deep seethed hatred not because what he said but because they can not get to fly in the air Trump one plane now a days, like they did in there younger days.

Likely some deep issues and jealousies of something they themselves partook in back in the day or likely still do, even Madonna I hear is protesting this and trumps lewd comments, and I am sure miss material girl herself. How ridiculous is that? # if Trump started a show who wants to date a presidential millionaire even today there would be women lined up for blocks to get on that ride.

Sour grapes indeed. And not just on a political note, politics is the least of there worries, if this all was not such a non issue it would be dangerous precedence. And I heard there making a sequel to 50 shades of grey movie. I wonder who will go watch it. But the first movie and especially book sold like hot cakes. Very popular.
edit on 2amSundayam222017f0amSun, 22 Jan 2017 02:17:45 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: Self correcting potty words

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join