It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest By Women is Too Huge to Dismiss as a One Hit Wonder.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Saturday, January 21, 2017

I must say, I was STUNNED to see on a restaurant T.V. today (tuned to CNN), that millions of women ALL OVER THE WORLD were protesting! It's apparent that some very strong emotions, feelings, and convictions are in play. Probably dissatisfactions that have been building up for months...or years?

This article does a good job of showing the extent of global protests..
www.msn.com... ntp

But it doesn't do a good job of explaining the WHY and WHAT and WHEN. So I'm starting this thread to ask WOMEN (and Men, & "Other"), who identify with, and understand the overall protest movement, to PLEASE chime in, and personally share with the global ATS community:

1. WHY are you upset enough to take time out of your busy life to protest?

2. WHAT are you hoping to accomplish?

3. WHEN will you say, "Hey, our protesting worked! My sacrifices were worth it!"

Thank-you In Advance!

-CareWeMust
edit on 1/21/2017 by carewemust because: Title Adjustment

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Long as soros keeps pay em they will continue to protest .

+34 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It made me so sad today to see thousands of women supporting the right to murder their unborn children.
It breaks my heart to a million pieces.
Our country has allowed the murder of innocents to become the norm and accepted.
True, real evil exists.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Its just politics and large scale mind games. Like the protesters smashing and burning these are just trying to get some spotlight away from Trump, smear, act as if, suggest ect. Just remember in Bill Clintons case we never saw this sort of disruption by the fems. Many of them use prosthetic male parts anyway.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Wrong as long as the MSM feeds these women, TV dinners for their children if they have not aborted them all

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

There's an official platform, you know. Here.

Just a few of the principles:

“Accountability and justice for police brutality” and “[dismantling] the gender and racial inequities within the criminal justice system”

Freedom from sexual violence

Ratifying the Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution that would guarantee equal protection based on gender

Affirming that all domestic and caretaking work is work, even if unpaid, and that women — especially women of color — bear the brunt of that burden

“The right to organize and fight for a living minimum wage” for all workers, labor protections for undocumented and migrant workers, and “solidarity with sex workers’ rights movements”

Comprehensive reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, and immigrant and refugee rights

As far as why so many are marching? Because being silent about these things is just wrong. I have several friends who went (one flew to Washington) and I would have went to the Portland one here if not for work schedules. Having a voice and using it is just about the only power left. Staying silent is not an option.

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust Trump has been POTUS for about a day. Are the protests supposed to be preemptory just in case Trump does something to disappoint them?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

It made me so sad today to see thousands of women supporting the right to murder their unborn children.
It breaks my heart to a million pieces.
Our country has allowed the murder of innocents to become the norm and accepted.
True, real evil exists.

I'm glad I married a good one. Look at all these baby killing losers. How sad. Her words, not mine.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Their scared...afraid

A rapists in the white house, a crotch grabber

Its a scary prospect for right thinking woman

edit on 21-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

link   

As a direct response to the wording of the title, I suggest that must maybe, some of those women would start to rethink their wasted anger at "old white men" and question their current position as being as blatantly sexist as you can get.

Maybe not.

link   

originally posted by: Mamzer
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Wrong as long as the MSM feeds these women, TV dinners for their children if they have not aborted them all

lamestream media shares the blame but its soros money funding the groups out rioting .

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

There scared...afraid

Oh they care now but not when Slick Willy was in there?? Lol!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
a reply to: carewemust Trump has been POTUS for about a day. Are the protests supposed to be preemptory just in case Trump does something to disappoint them?

While Trump was the focus, Congress may be the target.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They went on a vacation. =D

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm talking about 2018.

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: Willtell

There scared...afraid

Oh they care now but not when Slick Willy was in there?? Lol!

Bill was a Democrat silly, plus Hillary was cool with it.

link   
a reply to: Phage

Fair enough but short term memory in the U.S. is a real thing.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Thank you for starting this thread. I have had a lot of questions to all the opposition with this election and want to hear some honest discussion not just yelling. Examples, not just what the media screams.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I saw a woman today on stage at the march who was wearing a shirt that had "abortion" printed all over. WTF is all I can say. I am pro choice, but promoting such a thing confuses me.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dixiecracker
I saw a woman today on stage at the march who was wearing a shirt that had "abortion" printed all over. WTF is all I can say. I am pro choice, but promoting such a thing confuses me.

It's disgusting. I get certain circumstances but I thought they were the compassionate party?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join