It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Protest By Women is Too Huge to Dismiss as a One Hit Wonder.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This is my opinion after listening to some of the speeches. The anger and fight is over many issues, especially the economy. There is no leader in this movement, but republican party gave them one thing they needed, a martyr. The double standard applied between Trump and Hillary concerning legal and moral issues, went too far. They don't want that for their daughters. IMO

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
This is my opinion after listening to some of the speeches. The anger and fight is over many issues, especially the economy. There is no leader in this movement, but republican party gave them one thing they needed, a martyr. The double standard applied between Trump and Hillary concerning legal and moral issues, went too far. They don't want that for their daughters. IMO

Lol. Hillary is no martyr.
If that loser is your tip off the spear, then best of luck.
I suppose it's better than the grotesque Madonna... Barely.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You were STUNNED?

NEVER underestimate the strength and perseverance of pissed-off women. Without us, you would ALL be, erm...well, you wouldn't be. And you wouldn't survive. You'd kill each other in a matter of days.

I AM PROUD to be a woman, and my heart swells with love for all of the millions ALL OVER THE WORLD -- THE GLOBAL SISTERHOOD ---

those who would suppress us are doomed.

Thank you for making the thread. ATS might be is an "Alt-right Troll Sanctuary" now, but we aren't going away. We'll still be here, stuck in your craw. And we will do it with class and dignity.

You can't stop us.

edit on 1/22/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: CB328

Oh they care now but not when Slick Willy was in there??

What policy position did Bill, and the Democrats, support that was bad for women??

The Republican congress is a gigantic threat to everyone except wealthy, conservative, business people.

Granted this is an Obama thing, but the narrator breaks it down and explains how government policies interfere with and make it difficult for a little girl, woman, etc., to live without government holding her hand in the form of programs and assistance.

I think we're all familiar with the Life of Julia, and the irony, as explained, is that government created the problems they claim to be solving.

Just think of 3-year-old Julia. Assuming she can even be born, running the government-funded abortion gauntlet, she them gets to be enrolled in government funded head start (pre-school or daycare really) because her mother has to work because the government has so weakened the economy and raised the taxes that it's no longer possible for her mother to stay home with her even if she wanted to (assuming she comes from a two-parent home).

And it goes from there ...

See how government has "helped" Julia?

Perfect, perfect, perfect! Everyone trusts the government way too much, and no one takes a step back to realize the issues today wouldn't exist if government didn't run everything with their inefficiencies. Planned Parenthood was started in 1929 and didn't receive Federal funding until 1970. The public is so indoctrinated that they can't believe organizations can't sustain themselves without assistance. Maybe contraceptives and health care would be cheaper with a free market and a substantially less tax strain?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Personally, I don't understand why these women in America are protesting. Its pretty silly seeing as how they aren't oppressed like in many places in the world.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

Personally, I don't understand why these women in America are protesting. Its pretty silly seeing as how they aren't oppressed like in many places in the world.

They think Trump will put them in burkas and chain them in the kitchen or something and they believe it.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To enlighten you.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
That's scary to woman

So are spiders.

Irrational fears can be irrational, who would have thought it?

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

They are protesting to let Trump know they want to keep control over their own bodies (he has stated he wants Roe v Wade to be repealed and he thinks women should be punished for having abortions). They are protesting for the fact that black women make less than white women. They are protesting for immigrant women and the daughters of immigrant women who may face deportment under the new administration. They are protesting to keep Planned Parenthood from being abolished because PP has provided quality low-cost healthcare for lower-income women.

And yes, they are also protesting in solidarity with women all over the world who have less rights than they do.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Well there was always going to be resistance to draining the swamp.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Yeah.

There's no focus.

Anger by itself isn't enough to stick you all together. It's not a cause or an issue. There are too many of those. The march made everyone feel good to be doing something, but most of the people there really had no real idea why exactly they were marching, that was all garbled.

Heck, you weren't even marching for Clinton. She was disinvited because she had the poor taste to appear at the inauguration. Imagine how hard that had to be for her to do, and then the people marching supposedly because they're are mad she didn't get elected won't even allow her to show up!

Unless there actually IS an issue this anger coalesces around, this will not stick.

The TEA Party coalesced around the legislative agenda and fighting that, but right now, there is no legislative agenda.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Why is this organization entitled to government money? Obama defunded veterans facilities, or at least drove them into the ground. Are you equally outraged about this?

Are you quite sure? There are a couple of problems with this:
1) Congress has the power of the purse.
2) The House was controlled by Republicans for 6 of those 8 years, the Senate for 2 (albeit nearly even for 4 of those).

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

They are protesting to let Trump know they want to keep control over their own bodies (he has stated he wants Roe v Wade to be repealed and he thinks women should be punished for having abortions).

And what is your alternative? setting up an express lane for those who have had a dozen or more?

They are protesting for the fact that black women make less than white women.

And also as a whole work lower paying jobs, but sure, thats Trumps fault.

They are protesting for immigrant women and the daughters of immigrant women who may face deportment under the new administration.

You mean ILLEGAL immigrants who should not be here taking advantage of free stuff? I'm all for it. Let them immigrate here legally.

They are protesting to keep Planned Parenthood from being abolished because PP has provided quality low-cost healthcare for lower-income women.

You can't keep giving away stuff without taking something from somebody else.

And yes, they are also protesting in solidarity with women all over the world who have less rights than they do.

Seems like they are pretty spoiled to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Yeah, I get it. You don't like women unless they are making you feel good or making you sammiches.

You are entitled to your opinion. Some don't agree with it.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

There is something hinky about the way the media propelled this event so quickly. Within three days after the election, the story was being plugged by all the major media outlets. I don't believe for a moment that this was grassroots. it was skillfully planned and organized and ready to roll out.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
after the protest over the weekend, what have they actually accomplished? I'm still scratching my head wondering what these women are actually protesting against. Are they represented all women are just the ones who hate trump?

What I really want to know is where was the outrage , protest, and all the women at when bill Clinton Was accused of sexually misconduct while he was in office? He Was a known womanizer, and actually almost got impeached for taking advantage of a White House intern.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Matt11

Here is just one of the bills against women pending, waiting for Trump to sign. Bills against the rights of women are not going to create jobs and these women will fight.

13. H.R.586 — 115th Congress (2017-2018)
To provide that human life shall be deemed to begin with fertilization.

Sponsor: Rep. Hice, Jody B. [R-GA-10] (Introduced 01/17/2017) Cosponsors: (20)

Committees: House - Judiciary

Latest Action: 01/17/2017 Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary. (All Actions)

Tracker
www.congress.gov...["source":"legislation"]&searchResultViewType=expanded

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Matt11
after the protest over the weekend, what have they actually accomplished? I'm still scratching my head wondering what these women are actually protesting against. Are they represented all women are just the ones who hate trump?

What I really want to know is where was the outrage , protest, and all the women at when bill Clinton Was accused of sexually misconduct while he was in office? He Was a known womanizer, and actually almost got impeached for taking advantage of a White House intern.

More division. Mission accomplished.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I don't see anything hinky about it. I think it was grassroots, but being grassroots doesn't mean you can't contact the media to let them know you're doing it. If the media chose to run with it, that's their decision.

The march had been in the works way before Trump was elected. They planned to march regardless of who won.

What I think is amazing is that no one anticipated the number of crowds they were going to get. In my hometown of Austin, the media kept saying that 25,000-30,000 were expected, and it ended up being 50,000.

posted on Jan, 22 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Matt11

The women who originally planned the march weren't really doing it because of Trump. They were doing it because of issues women face. That doesn't mean there weren't plenty of women there against Trump, but that wasn't the focus of the march originally.

What the organizers hope for is that the march will empower and inspire women (and men) to go back to their communities and work for the change they want to see.

Not such a horrible thing, is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join