a reply to: ErosA433
I am going to try to answer all your interesting concerns using the same numerals of your post:
1) That is false, there were crucial women in the Judeo Christian cultural world that appear in full use of their rights and I am not referring only
to Golda Meir who was the first Primer Minister ever of any middle east country, but even in scriptures
as the level of protagonist of important chapters of History: Esther, who was a Hebrew empress of Persia, Jael who was heroine in the war against
Philistines, or Ruth and Noemi who were ancestors of Christ, centuries before Mary, the mother of Jesus, who in Orthodox, Coptic, Episcopalian and
Roman Catholicism is almost a fourth person of the Holy Trinity.
2) What are you talking about? Again absolutely false, excuse me but there were crucial femenine figures in positions of Power in the Christian
world as never happened for instance in the Muslim or Indian one long time before the 1930s, Isabella Catholica of Spain, Queen Elizabeth I of
England, Catherine II the Great of Russia, Empress Maria Therese of Austria, Queen Victoria of England, etc.
3)Slavery is not a Christian institution, it existed centuries even before Christianity became an important Religion.There were Slaves in Ancient
Egypt, Ancient Greece and Pagan Rome, there exist thousands of historic records that can show that. Slavery was even in modern times initiated by
traders of prisoners of tribal wars in Western Africa who sold them first to Arab caravans and then after to the Portuguese and English travelers
arriving to those countries.
4) It is absolutely insane to blame a thinker of the first century for excesses and crimes of intolerance committed by fanatics that were living at
least 15 centuries after him, Jesus christ by sure never would approve the actions of the Inquisition or the witches hunting in Salem or other parts
of New England by Protestant tribunals. Jesus opposed peacefully to any kind of violence against him or his followers, there were terrible
prosecutions against Christians under the Roman Empire that are evidence that Christians were never violent people. Islam, Nazism, Maoism, Stalinism
have committed similar intolerance crimes and even in more recent times than the ones you attribute exclusively to Christianity, there are arbitrary
executions without even right to trial in Muslim territories just to be free thinker, or to be an emancipated woman or to be member of the LGBT
In the last part of your extensive post we agreed that C14 is a dating destructive technique that needed to be improved, we could not continue relying
on something that needs to destroy historic objects to be able to date them and also in a technique that can be easily biased with certain
environmental conditions that can alter the natural chemical composition of an object to be tested.
I comes to my attention your emphasis in to try to expose the Roman Catholic Church in all possible ways, I am wondering why? I found this pretty
far from our topic of discussion, since anyway this relic started to be in possession of that institution by the XIX century, long time after it
appeared in History.
The Shroud was before owned for centuries by secular or Not Catholic people like:
- The Royal House of Saboy, This shroud was kept in Chambery, England until the year 1578 where it was almost destroyed by fire,
- it was before in Liray France in possession of the Charney family of Templars for almost two centuries,
- before that was taken away from the siege of Constantinople to be kept in a Orthodox Monastery at Athens,
- before the siege was in exhibition at the Byzantine Cathedral of Eastern Constantinople,
- before that was in the treasure of the Byzantine Imperial House,
- before that was at the Edessa Royal Palace in eastern Turkey, etc. etc.
The Angel of Lightness
edit on 1/24/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)