It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Oh Byrd you have been in my thoughts and prayers since we spoke about your going the other day, I have spoken about you to others in that I felt the woman's march would be peaceful and a positive thing...because of you...

I am proud of you and look forward to kind of living vicariously beside you.
edit on pm131pmThu, 19 Jan 2017 22:58:06 -0600 by antar because: Edit to say look how many time I wrote "YOU" lol Go get em you!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I wish I had stock in Subway. Sounds like a lot of women aren't going to be home making sandwiches this weekend.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Remember dont block the road for emergecy services. People in ambulances have died bc of never trump protest.

Yell above top secret when you are on tv resisting arrest

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Byrd, my daughter will be there - say hi if you see her! Lol!

Seriously though, she sprang this news on me this morning via text. She lives and works in Maryland, so doesn't have as far to go as you do. Personally, I'm not happy about it: however, she is an adult so I don't have much say in the matter. I just told her to be careful, to be alert, and aware of her surroundings. You do the same! Regardless of political views, I worry that the crazies will come out of the wood work just for the attention.

Keep us posted!
edit on 1/19/2017 by Lolliek because: Typo

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
What are you protesting? How much does the bus cost you, or is everything free?

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Good luck and I hope that you achieve what you desire

Be safe

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Courage of conviction.

Just check six often. Not just cops, either. I remember the Seattle Riots during the G summit a few years back. there were people there just to cause a ruckus, and they succeeded.

Be careful. If that little voice in the back of your head says it's time to leave, listen to it, OK?

Be safe.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
What are you protesting exactly?

i believe they are protesting to get hillary a trophy for being the first presidential candidate to be under criminal investigation.

or maybe hillary for POTUS 2017 as in Prisoner Of The United States.2017?

hopefully people dont go full retard.

edit on 39131America/ChicagoThu, 19 Jan 2017 23:39:22 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

If you see the guys in all black with handkerchiefs covering their faces get out of there. They are the destructive anarchists that show up at protest. Some claim they are provocateurs but still.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Exactly.

Those are the "gentlemen" who caused such a problem in Seattle. They were so proud of themselves, too, as I recall.

I was in the area quite by accident, I'm generally not interested in protesting in the streets...and I got tear gassed while trying to leave.

I learned, when the cops say move along, they durned well mean it. Move along. They have more ways of enforcing their wishes then you do not.

So be careful, Byrd.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

No. They're protesting against what they feel are Trumps stated beliefs, which they disagree with. That's their right as free Americans. No one says you have to agree, or that I do, but respect their rights to do so. So long as it's peaceful, and I doubt very much that our Byrd. is going to get her violence on.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
We're at a bus stop outside Baton Rouge right now, and I used the time to find out a bit more about some of the others and catch up on details.

I am typing on my phone right now so I can't do a long post. If you want to know details, the charter bus is 'Rally' - you can look at their site and see where all the buses are coming from.

To whoever asked, we are paying $300 each for transportation and a night at a hotel.

Our departure was covered by two news channels in Houston (will link when we get WiFi). A news reporter from a Houston news station is traveling with us.

More later. I'm sleepy (the bus is LESS comfortable for sleeping, if you wondered. ) See you in 4 or 5 hours.

Oh... if you Google for Women's March on Washington 2017 you can read more about who/what/why.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

meh - an Andy Warhol moment? "Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes"
The voting is over - save the protests for the next election

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I don't know, I keep hearing that this is the last election.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

As much as I hate all the bulls*it about the elections, I hope that this is not so. I love the American people

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Have fun in jail .

Light I checked it was a constititutional right to protest as long as its peacefull....

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yup. It is. Peaceful being the key word in that sentence. I suspect that it will be. It's on the Saturday after, if I recall Byrd. correctly, the inauguration. They aren't out to disrupt, merely voice, loudly, their opinion on matters important to them.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Seems unlikely.

After all, that would make Trump the last one, and we can't have that.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
My husband and I are driving up Saturday. We're not that far away. A couple of hours and we know where to park in Alexandria to get the subway into D.C..
it didn't look to be too crowded from the tv images anyway. Saturday should be even better.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Protesting isn't against the law.
And for the ill informed (Hi there you)
The March is a show of solidarity for women's rights around the world.
You guys think everything is about displacing trump or getting him fired. Why is that I wonder?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join