It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bus to the Women's March

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No. They're protesting against what they feel are Trumps stated beliefs, which they disagree with. That's their right as free Americans.

Agreed and Nobody is telling them not too.

Its their right to be sexist , heterophobic, and racists towards an old white guy that became president.

Wasn't it something along those lines , the slogan for people that disagreed against Obama beliefs when he got elected?

I do think a better and more worthwhile protest for them to help America with , would have been to protest the DNC shenanigans in picking the only candidate that could outlie and out scandal trump all the while under criminal investigation.

I certainly still support their right to protest what they want , even if they played a big role in getting Trump elected. People blaming and whining about the other party and overlooking their own parties faults is the reason our country is where its at.

Having said that I wish no harm to Byrd or any of the protesters. I actually respect Byrd when it comes to her field of expertise ,but can't say I wasn't disappointed to find out someone with a scientific background could be so one sided.

edit on 13131America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 08:13:29 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: interupt42

Or maybe you are woefully uninformed and don't have a clue what it's about.
Could that possibly be?

Or maybe you are so politically biased ,sexist, and angry to see the hypocrisy of protesting Trump when your party had a big part in getting him elected and her Husband was more degrading towards women.

The DNC not only fought but cheated to select a candidate that could outlie , out scandal, and out piss off more people than even trump, all the while under a criminal investigation by the FBI.

Who would have thought that such a candidate would have been a bad idea? Uhm weird. Where were the buses when Bill Clinton was sticking cigars in the wrong places in the oval office?

all right, I forget you were one of the ones that like her because she was a women and that was all that mattered,

edit on 57131America/ChicagoFri, 20 Jan 2017 07:57:49 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
[snipped] Oh, and pepper spray is WAY worse than tear gas! All in jest of course!

On a more serious note; I have no issues whatsoever with 'peaceful' protest rallies/marches, provided they don't descend into the above. And further, I really don't have an issue with the cause either. That said, I find a bit of irony in the timing of this 'rally/march'. Personally, I think it might be more well placed after the incoming president has actually done something to protest about...as the timing is clearly inspired by the inauguration of this president.

Lastly, just an observation; given the timing of this rally you can bet your sweet backside there will be more than a fair share of agitators bent on violence just for the sake of violence and destruction. You can count on it. I'd say your odds being in the middle of some kind of a melee are 10x-20x higher than any other normal day...intentional or not.

Keep it peaceful and I will be impressed; be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

Do stay safe and out of trouble.

edit on Fri Jan 20 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Sadly, there is a great deal of truth in your statement.

Ironic that people (women) would turn a blind eye to the Clintons yet mobilize to protest Trump. The Clintons have proven their moral character when in office...and Trump hasn't even spent a day there yet. But none of that matters I guess...because Hillary was a woman and...(sticking fingers in ears) "Na-na-na-na...I...can't...hear...you!".

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Byrd

Should we try to meet?

We could try.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
everyone who goes, please be safe!!

and...
watch out for trump's ......grabbing bikers...
lol.. I actually had a dream two nights ago about that suddenly there was a million women march shouting "Just Say No!!"

at least it looks like yous will have nicer weather tomorrow than what is expected today.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We stopped in Birmingham for McDonald's; a bus full of people means a very busy time for fast food restaurants. We are pushing through to reach Richmond tonight.

Someone has put the movie "Selma " on - I remember those days and not with fondness. I had forgotten some of the depth of injustice because of how far we've come. Although dramatized, the violence and nastiness are pretty much spot on.

But I remember the voices of King and Johnson... and the accents are just a tad off.

I am keeping up with the news today. I will have a good connection tonight and will try to upload some photos.

There is an interesting online sister protest by the disabled (a friend who was felled by two strokes last year (she is only 38) is participating) I will link to that later.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Godspeed, Byrd!

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. MLK

He who refuses to be involved in politics must endure being ruled by inferior people. Plato

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just been watching livestream bunch of wankers with hoodies,balaclavas and handkerchief masks getting tear gassed at the moment most are more concerned with getting selfies than rioting hope OP isnt in that lot tommorrow.
edit on 20-1-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Just been watching livestream bunch of wankers with hoodies,balaclavas and handkerchief masks getting tear gassed at the moment most are more concerned with getting selfies than rioting hope OP isnt in that lot tommorrow.

There will be a number of different groups marching tomorrow. You can spot the group I'm in by the pink hats.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I've always pictured you as something like a cross between Indiana Jones and his father...

Pink somehow doesn't come into it...

Be safe. The nuts are out in force in DC apparently.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm sure you will be, too. But good wishes never hurt anyone. We seldom agree on anything, have we ever, but I hope it turns out to be a fun adventure for all concerned.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Moi?

Naah, I'm a peaceable sort.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
About 90 minutes from the hotel.

We have been keeping tabs on the situation ... the organizers are already there.

There are some "beware tactics of counter protestors" posts passing around friends on Facebook who are going to smaller rallies in other cities. There's a real air of nervousness there that's not present here on the bus.

Listening to the reporter talking about some of the constraints they are under in reporting these events.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Checking in.

Be safe.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I've always pictured you as something like a cross between Indiana Jones and his father...

Pink somehow doesn't come into it...

Be safe. The nuts are out in force in DC apparently.

Only if Indy was female, short, chubby, and 60-something. We do, however have the same fashion sense. And I'm frequently covered in dust.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

There ya go, dashing all my images...

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
So much for updating last night. We got to the hotel room, ordered something to eat, took a bath, and fell into bed. And that's all she wrote until 5 a.m., when we got up and headed for the bus. Right now we are his sitting on the bus, waiting to start out.

Tumblr is driving me crazy. I'm not sure if it's actually posting the things I want to. The phone is not cooperative and giving links, but if you go to Tumblr and look for the username lovingdonutdinosaur, that is the new account that I put up for this.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Houston bus loads up.

link to the semilive Tumblr temporary Tumblr

longer update coming in thirtyminutes

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I am at the Springfield Station to get the metro to DC. There are an amazing number of people here. Posted one image of part of the crowd to Tumblr

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join