It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher under fire for not allowing students to watch Trump's inauguration speech

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

More insults?

Enjoy your continued coup of ATS.

Maybe another person who disagrees with this will come along shortly, and you and 'the gang" will have someone fresh to attack and insult. If not, you can continue to brow-beat me in my absence, because I don't like using the F-bomb in front of children.

edit on 1/18/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

More insults?

Enjoy your continued coup of ATS.

Please quote my insult. Please. I would like to know what you consider an insult. I am open to discussion, and just because my opinion seems to "offend you" is grounds for you to leave. I guess your convictions on this matter are not that strong. Too bad really.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Sorry. I'm not a prude, but I don't think it's appropriate for children to hear that from someone who is supposed to be our country's leader.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Oh my. A little vicious, gang-like and low-brow for my taste. No conversation, only the insults and attacks I've come to expect on this site.

Have a nice evening.

I've met your thought out counter to my initial post in this thread. I have not met you with any low brow behavior or demeaning words. Unless sweetie counts.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: angeldoll

Sorry. I'm not a prude, but I don't think it's appropriate for children to hear that from someone who is supposed to be our country's leader.

How can laughing at actually being involved in killing the leader of a country is acceptable, but use a "swear word" is forbidden? What kind of twisted logic is that?

Which is worse, murder or swearing?
I know what I believe is worse, and it does involve bloodshed.

edit on 1/18/2017 by Krakatoa because: fixed incorrect logic

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The Great Triggering of 2017 has begun.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

No she really taught it as part of lecture.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britster1821

This is along the same lines of something a friend of mine did.
I don't agree with it.

She teaches probably first or second grade, and had a mock election where most of her students voted for Trump.
She was so upset, she advertised on Facebook that she was going to have them revote the next day after being reeducated on the voting process. I couldn't agree with her on that. More reason for me to want to homeschool my kids, should I ever decide to have any.

Thankfully she got called out on it. Too bad she had to backtrack and delete her post about it.

It seems as if it isn't the kids that need to be reeducated, but her. This is why the left is making a really big stink about Trump's pick for Secretary of Education. If you get a chance to watch it, you can actually hear how dumb Elizabeth Warren actually is. Suggesting that the nominee should follow the rules already put in place and not actually try to improve the system. She has to be Nancy Pelosi stupid.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I never watched an inauguration when I was in school. Instead of plying them with tv, maybe this teacher just wants to teach??? Calm down buttercups, the reason doesn't matter, an inauguration, ANY inauguration is just fluff tv and kids are in school to learn. Stop being so triggered by literally EVERYTHING

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Best post I've seen in quite some time.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rookseven

Agreed, and my question is...how many 4th graders are going to sit still through an innauguration? How long does that last? Hours? And how many are going to remember anything about it 3 days later?

A whole bunch of much-a-do about nothing. Hell, I won't take the time out to watch the event. I'll see the highlights on the 6 pm news.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
May be off topic and I do apologize -

I'm a non-typical college student (in that I'm far beyond college years) attending school in Michigan. I was in a University class on Government Policy (381) yesterday. The conversation was along these lines:

Prof "Prior to WWII it was common for urban peoples to augment their incomes during an election year by a process known as re-voting. Groups on both sides would gather voters and travel to poling stations and have people cast ballots and travel to the next station and so forth, paying per ballot cast. This seems to me far more American. Not like simply hacking machines like they do in elections now".

How these people live with themselves is beyond me.

I love Michigan education!

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
i didnt know kids were required to watch the event... 4th graders of all...

an easy way to 'trigger' trumpster though...

i want this thing to be broadcasted live around the world. the world needs to see this.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rookseven

I never watched an inauguration when I was in school. Instead of plying them with tv, maybe this teacher just wants to teach??? Calm down buttercups, the reason doesn't matter, an inauguration, ANY inauguration is just fluff tv and kids are in school to learn. Stop being so triggered by literally EVERYTHING

Another person that completely musses the point. See, this teacher had his prior students watch the last 2 inaugurations. Regardless of whether these 4th graders wanted to or not, they watched them in his class. Now, he decides this one he will not "allow" them to watch. So, he made it a requirement to watch 2 Democrat appointed presidents, but refused to allow them to watch a Republican appointed president.

The only triggering going on is with this teacher who i playing political games with his students. And those here who re condoning it and using a false logic of "well, they are 4th graders, that don't care...." are ignoring the historic precedent set forth by the teacher of having his 4th grade students watch the last 2 inaugurations.

I just think it is wrong to deprive them of the same chance as their predecessors. This teacher seems to be using his personal political bias to influence these children. Personal politics should be set aside in these cases in favor of actually educating them on the process and what they are watching.

I guess asking for fair treatment is considered "triggered" now?

Makes me glad a certain female candidate lost so badly and her followers will not be running the great country for the next 4 years.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i didnt know kids were required to watch the event... 4th graders of all...

an easy way to 'trigger' trumpster though...

i want this thing to be broadcasted live around the world. the world needs to see this.

As I said above, irrelevant whether they want to or not. What is relevant is the precedent set by this teacher himself of having his former students watch the last 2 inaugurations when President Obama took office.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
LMFAO.

My hometown.

I just heard about this last night, from some friends that still live there.
One of them said this teacher is a "Problem Child" anyway.
And the parents care more than the children do, about this.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
LMFAO.

My hometown.

I just heard about this last night, from some friends that still live there.
One of them said this teacher is a "Problem Child" anyway.
And the parents care more than the children do, about this.

Thanks for your personal take on this issue. I have no doubt the kids really don't care much about this, that is not surprising. I am also glad the parents are concerned, as it shows this teacher needs to put his personal viewpoints aside for the betterment of his students. I certainly hope this is a hot topic at the next PTA meeting, and he is confronted face-to-face about his actions.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
May be off topic and I do apologize -

I'm a non-typical college student (in that I'm far beyond college years) attending school in Michigan. I was in a University class on Government Policy (381) yesterday. The conversation was along these lines:

Prof "Prior to WWII it was common for urban peoples to augment their incomes during an election year by a process known as re-voting. Groups on both sides would gather voters and travel to poling stations and have people cast ballots and travel to the next station and so forth, paying per ballot cast. This seems to me far more American. Not like simply hacking machines like they do in elections now".

How these people live with themselves is beyond me.

I love Michigan education!

Lmao most people didnt even have cars back then and people lived in rural areas spread out like 1 person a mile. That's literally not even physically possible.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I had my central michigan university teacher go on about sustainable and preached how we should all live in high rise dorms to save energy. psych research methods prof.

I also have some saved articles and study material from my women's psychology class. some good stuff

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: 200Plus

I had my central michigan university teacher go on about sustainable and preached how we should all live in high rise dorms to save energy. psych research methods prof.

I also have some saved articles and study material from my women's psychology class. some good stuff

I wonder, did that prof talk at all about the carbon footprint of building those high rise dorms, the furnishings, etc..?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join