It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher under fire for not allowing students to watch Trump's inauguration speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
3, 2, 1... waiting on the shills to come to thread claiming there is no liberal bias in schools.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It probably has more to do with having a "President" who drops F-bombs during speeches, and says things like "I will bomb the Sh*t out of them". The guy is x-rated. Own it.

Not really suitable for children.

edit on 1/18/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
My kid is watching it at school. They didn't do a class election with Clinton/Trump although they did have a mock election, but there's was Duck v/ Farmer Brown. But they will all watch the swearing in, and they might watch some of the parade too. The teacher did say that might get cut off depending on if there are disruptions.

In other words, if things are violent, they will not see the parade.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Therein lies the problem. Who are you to say what is "x-rated?"

Food for thought. Trump may have said those things..once. How many times did the media repeat it during primetime?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Did the Duck win or Farmer Brown?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Duck. They all got Duck-shaped cookies to discover what the results were.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well they blew it. Farmer Brown would have passed out Bacon

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Well they blew it. Farmer Brown would have passed out Bacon

...or roast duck!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: Edumakated

It probably has more to do with having a "President" who drops F-bombs during speeches, and says things like "I will bomb the Sh*t out of them". The guy is x-rated. Own it.

In your opinion. Your efforts to curtail someones speech based upon your own moral and myopic view is worth as much as his opinion, now isn't it? Personally, I find your statement and thoughts of censorship appalling and very distasteful and not something that should be taught to children. But, I will defend your right to speak it and not try to stop you.

I guess that is the difference between those complaining and looking ban people's opinions and those the truly understand what free speech means.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Sweetie, I could spend my evening on youtube putting up vids with him using the F-Bomb. You can go look yourself. They are quite plentiful, and some of them aren't bleeped out.

Then he went on Bill O'Reilly's show and said he's never said that word. "I wouldn't say that", he told him. Only one or two of them were reported on MSM, that's a lot more.

Sorry. I'm not a prude, but I don't think it's appropriate for children to hear that from someone who is supposed to be our country's leader.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

But regularly scheduled CNN programming is ?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I'm sure I know what free speech is, Sir. If you don't have a problem with children hearing the leader of our country speech in thug-ese then that is your choice. I personally have a problem with it, and I'm betting the parents in middle-class America do to.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Don't you like FOX (why do I ask) They reported on it too.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I'm sure I know what free speech is, Sir. If you don't have a problem with children hearing the leader of our country speech in thug-ese then that is your choice. I personally have a problem with it, and I'm betting the parents in middle-class America do to.

And you are well within your rights to make that decision for your children. Go for it. However, to make that decision for others is NOT acceptable. Don't talk to them, and explain things like a parent. You go ahead and shelter your special little kids from reality. Let them get a massive shock when they hit the real world. Yeah, that will be good for them. IMO, that is irresponsible parenting.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

Sweetie, I could spend my evening on youtube putting up vids with him using the F-Bomb. You can go look yourself. They are quite plentiful, and some of them aren't bleeped out.

Then he went on Bill O'Reilly's show and said he's never said that word. "I wouldn't say that", he told him. Only one or two of them were reported on MSM, that's a lot more.

Sorry. I'm not a prude, but I don't think it's appropriate for children to hear that from someone who is supposed to be our country's leader.

I'm sure you could. He spoke plentiful using strong language during his private rallies. Has he done this when addressing the public? There is a difference.

Personally, I don't care what language he chooses to use. If you don't want your child around it, fine. It's not up to anyone else to make that choice for you nor you for anyone else.
...sweetie.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

When children are in school, "loco parentis" is in effect. Meaning in place of the parent. The school has the right.

edit on 1/18/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Separation of politics and teacher in the PUBLIC school is necessary.
MAYBE kill these unions too, so they can't kick their trash teaching inner city parasites around to screw up more kids,and KEEP the ones who want to teach ,not preach...(Progs LOVE poems)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Oh my. A little vicious, gang-like and low-brow for my taste. No conversation, only the insults and attacks I've come to expect on this site.

Have a nice evening.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

When children are in school, "loco parentis" is in effect. Meaning in place of the parent. The school has the right.

And the rules for Prime Time TV (which includes the time of the inauguration) are in effect and those choice words you seem to dislike are not allowed. Or didn't you know that? I guess there is not much chance of hearing those words during that particular broadcast, huh?

What is your next lame excuse?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore Its hard to come back here from costa rica no matter who the president is lol. Maybe that guy has just been surfing all day and not paying attention to the news, that's exactly what I would be doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join