It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher under fire for not allowing students to watch Trump's inauguration speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I didn't watch any Presidential inaugurations while in school. On inauguration days I was busy learning. Not watching the next President.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

In 4th grade there is 2 or 3 recesses along with art, gym, and music thrown in there. I doubt missing 1 day of figuring out how many apples sally sold is going to make the difference.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

2 or 3 recesses? What school did you go to that let you go to more than 1 recess a day? And you consider art, gym and music classes to be wastes of time? Those classes are probably the most fulfilling in a child's life.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I didn't watch any Presidential inaugurations while in school. On inauguration days I was busy learning. Not watching the next President.

I can tell you didn't learn the skill of reading a thread before commenting, as I addressed this point many times prior. May I suggest you read it and then debate me on my already posted response? Then we can have an intelligent discussion.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Oh yeah. You are upset because a teacher is showing his partisan colors in a classroom full of students who could care less about politics and won't blink an eye at missing the inauguration. I don't find it important either.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Oh yeah. You are upset because a teacher is showing his partisan colors in a classroom full of students who could care less about politics and won't blink an eye at missing the inauguration. I don't find it important either.

SO, they do care a bit according to your statement that "students who could care less about politics". That means they could care, albeit less, about politics. So, if some care, why not allow them to watch it, as he did 2 times previous? But, I guess political censorship is OK with you, since it feeds your own inner hatred of differing opinions? Personally, I think in this case it should be politically agnostic. HE did it twice in the past, so he set precedent. He, himself.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

You are going to pick apart a cliche I used as evidence of kids I have never mets' true intentions? You may want to try a different arguing approach with your next reply, because this one is kind of silly.

Also. This isn't political censorship. It's just a teacher discontinuing something he used to do for previous students for likely partisan reasons. These kids can still go watch the inauguration in their own time if they are so inclined or curious. Regardless of the ethics behind his actions, it isn't part of the school curriculum to show the inauguration, it isn't required learning and it is time that can be better spent teaching anyways.

Stop being so triggered over the actions of one teacher. Let him teach his own class in peace.
edit on 19-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You are going to pick apart a cliche I used as evidence of kids I have never mets' true intentions? You may want to try a different arguing approach with your next reply, because this one is kind of silly.

Also. This isn't political censorship. It's just a teacher discontinuing something he used to do for previous students for likely partisan reasons. These kids can still go watch the inauguration in their own time if they are so inclined or curious. Regardless of the ethics behind his actions, it isn't part of the school curriculum to show the inauguration, it isn't required learning and it is time that can be better spent teaching anyways.

Stop being so triggered over the actions of one teacher. Let him teach his own class in peace.

I guess you also missed the part that parents of these children are also complaining that he was wrong? These are the people that matter the most, which i why I also advocated this be addressed in the next PTA meeting. Hey, I get it, you are all for his actions due to your own hatred of our next president. I am glad you are not an educator of young minds.

And since this is news, and worth discussion, it was posted here for that reason. I guess the next buzzword of derision is calling people "triggered"? Perhaps you need to review your own debating style?

As for the interpretation of your statement, that is EXACTLY what you said. If you used the wrong cliche, that is on you and your own education (or lack thereof). I am not responsible for that, regardless of your dismissal of my retort.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Teacher under fire for not allowing students to watch Trump's inauguration speech

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Just because something is news, doesn't mean it is worth getting worked up over.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Please just stop...

Are you so steeped in your identity politics that you are incapable of seeing when someone is completely out of line?
I bet your reaction would be vastly different if a teacher was doing this for the Obama inauguration.
"Racism" would be used so fast by the left your head would spin.

Seems to me the teacher would just like to keep his classroom a personal little "safe space". Rather than fostering young minds about all aspects of life he would prefer to censor the opposition. Deny it all you want that is exactly what is happening here. Something akin to communism if you ask me.

Religious dogmas are not allowed in public school and it seems this toxic ideology has no place is schools either.
edit on 19-1-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I agree that it is wonderful for the students to watch history as it happens, however, I sort of agree with this teacher. Its sad when you cannot talk about our president to be or watch his speeches in front of children bc of information not suitable for kids.

I was worried about talking about deportation in front of my child, which is a talking point of Trump's, especially during the election. I had to explain (I guess i had to sooner or later) to my 5 yr old about skin color and deportation the best I could. It scared her bc she has Mexican friends, just as it scares me.

I was telling my mom about piss-gate, theories and facts and my 5 yr old who was in the other room came in and said ...so Trump can just pee all over anyone...

Piss-gate may or may not be true, I don't care, however, he is linked to it and many other things that should not be talked about in front of children. It is sad that we cannot talk about our president to be in front of children. He is not a very respectable person and a bad example to children.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I bet your reaction would be vastly different if a teacher was doing this for the Obama inauguration.
"Racism" would be used so fast by the left your head would spin.

I bet you have no #ing clue how I'd react if this were Obama's inauguration, but I'll clue you in real quick. I didn't vote for Obama in either of his elections. So I'll leave it your critical thinking to determine what that means.

Seems to me the teacher would just like to keep his classroom a personal little "safe space". Rather than fostering young minds about all aspects of life he would prefer to censor the opposition. Deny it all you want that is exactly what is happening here. Something akin to communism if you ask me.

Communism is the workers owning the means of production and has nothing to do with not showing an inauguration to a group of students.
edit on 19-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

He didn't have to write a note. He could have just not let his class watch it and no one would have ever had to hear his opinion on Donald Trump. I think this was just a way of lashing out at parents who voted for Trump. So childish.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't recall ever seeing a Presidential inauguration while I was in school.

I did see plenty of Apollo rocket launches, though.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I don`t think 4th graders really want to watch a boring inauguration, the kids probably feel like the teacher is doing them a favor by not making them watch it.

Idk. Yes, it was ruined if hte teacher said there'll be a (pop?) quiz. Yet many times there was no quiz. YOu forget how fun it was if the teacher hauls in a TV or projector. I loved those "events." It was also an opportunity to whisper to neighbors or scribble when things were being setup or put away. And then there's the spookyfun shutting the lights off! *mind blown*

Just remembering it makes me smile.

EDIT: *nod*--poster above. I never watched an inauguration at school either. I do remember pledging allegiance, but only early on.
edit on 1/19/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
And the cancer is spreading.........

Students at Independence High School in Williamson County, Tennessee, will not be allowed to watch President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration during class on Friday.

Link to Full article

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

He didn't have to write a note. He could have just not let his class watch it and no one would have ever had to hear his opinion on Donald Trump. I think this was just a way of lashing out at parents who voted for Trump. So childish.

So awesome

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join