It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are most persecuted group in World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

So you're just refusing to see reality because it doesn't conform with your view of the world? That's called cognitive dissonance. Let me try shouting it at you then: ONLY SOME THOSE COUNTRIES INCLUDED PEACEKEEPING MISSIONS. MOST OF THEM DID NOT. AND NO COUNTRY ON THAT LIST ONLY PARTICIPATED IN PEACEKEEPING MISSIONS.

Europe is still in a near constant state of war. Egypt, a Muslim nation, is one of the largest contributors to the Peacekeeping Force. Israel, a non-Muslim nation in the Middle East, contributes nothing to the Peacekeeping Force.

I have provided you with the facts and the means to verify them. If you don;t accept them then that is your choice. Granted such a choice would go completely against ATS' "Deny Ignorance" motto.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That is allready answered earlier in this very page.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

AND NO COUNTRY ON THAT LIST ONLY PARTICIPATED IN PEACEKEEPING MISSIONS.

Now show your sources.. You make such a huge conclusions without any.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Oh good lord. You can't just say it again though. But you type out that it's somewhere on the last page???

This is pointless. You're just being purposefully difficult for no reason.

I'm outta here.

Have fun with your agenda driven thread which is going nowhere.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You are out of line, you render Europeans as war mongers just because they are member of UN peacekeepers. That is insane.. really . If we were such a warmongers we would be in constant war with each other all the time here. Last time i checked i didn´t see grenades fallin in my neighbourhood and honestly i would like to keep it that way.

At least i got a good lol .. keep up the good work !

It is answered.
edit on 12-1-2017 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

im not religious in anyway mostly atheist although ive grown to hate that label

but lets be real, muslims are persecuting minorities

it not anything except islam becoming radicalized and finally rooting out the christians once and for all.

Although I dislike Islam and think the Quran is comparable Nazi propaganda on a logical level. Are the Shia muslim persecuting minorities or is it just Sunni/Wahabbi side?

In Syria it is Russian/Shia/Christians/Moderate Sunni vs Sunni/Wahabbi/US.
edit on 12-1-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

How can you declare something is the most anything without actually comparing it to any thing else? That sounds like straight up propaganda to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Cognitive dissonance it is then.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The source I provided is an impartial organization that requires citations for any claim. Your source is a biased organization that arbitrarily assigns scores. You're really going to question my sources?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It really doesn't matter how credible the OP's source is. This whole thread is a false premise. All the OP did was provide a bunch of data for the one religion with zero context to how it relates to any other religions. Just because you list a bunch of countries that treat Christians poorly doesn't give you the right to use the "most persecuted" label. That still hasn't been proven in the slightest.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

No I do not think the British make the majority in Europe! That would be mathematically ridiculous. But you are not interested in actually accepting the reality of the situation. Look at what you ignored in my post! As it happens, my understanding of what is and is not happening in Europe comes from keeping a close eye on the continent, and its many, many parts.

It is worth pointing out that arms manufacturers in Europe do very well out of war, no matter whether the nations they operate out of happen to be technically involved in it or not. That makes money for the nations they are based in via taxation. And do not give me any of this malarkey about European nations not being involved in the War on Terror.

Also, if you think that European nations were not involved at any stage of the War on Terror, then you need to rethink your attitude and do some research. Factually speaking you are in error.

Do you believe it is okay for your country to keep guns from it's citizens, but arms other countries?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Dble Post.

edit on 12-1-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Gays are persecuted, atheists are persecuted, women are persecuted, poor people are persecuted, everyone's persecuted except for the wealthy.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

The main reason Christians are so persecuted is because they actively seek out areas that are non Christian and push to convert them to Christianity.

Christianity, like other monotheistic Religions also doesn't allow for tolerance of other Religious Beliefs. So you put those two things together and what do you expect to happen???

It would be no different another monotheistic religion was trying to convert Christians over to their side. That has and always will be a conflict. But it's also one that can be avoided if you want to avoid it. But they don't want to avoid it because they admire the idea of a martyr.

Sorry, I'm calling BS on this.

Sure there are missionaries and they do some wonderful, dangerous and difficult work. I know plenty.

When they start forcing to convert or die like the other religion, I will step up and condemn my own.

There is no relativism between the 2 religions. All religions are not equal.

The crusades were in response to islam's violent expansionism. 100's of years after the fact.

And no, christians don't want to die as martyrs. Look at the difference between christian and muslim martyrs.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

christian persecution isnt because minority christians in north africa and the middle east are trying to convert muslims

you make it sound like armed christians are going to these countries and shooting up the place if the dont convert

This^^

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: JDmOKI

No, I'm not saying that at all. Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm saying anytime you have a Religion that believes there is only One Faith, One Truth, etc. and actively tries to get others to accept and practice that Single Faith your going to get resistance. Unless of course the people there are looking for Religious Faith or have already accepted yours.

Otherwise they're likely to resist any conversion. The same happens if another Religion tries to convert Christians to another belief, they resist.

I don't see what the problem is here. This is an obvious truth. Just use yourself in the example. Would you willingly switch to another Religion or would you resist it no matter what???

Christians and Hindu etc can switch religion if they want without a death sentence, unlike a muslim.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

For one I already told you your source is extremely biased. At the very least their premise is patently false. Homosexuality is illegal in 72 countries and carries a death sentence in 13. How many countries is Christianity actually illegal in?

That said, I premised my list with the admission that some of the listed countries included UN Peacekeeping missions. Not all. And yes, for the most part Wikipedia is a reliable source. If you disagree go through my list of countries. Check to see if they took part in the many conflicts. They provide sources right at the end of the article to make it easy for you.

List those countries that homosexuality is illegal so we all can take a look.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yes, I know. It wasn't always that way but it is now because Christianity has mellowed out. Islam on the other hand is still crazy in some places and will force you to convert or die.

My point isn't to pick on Christianity here, I should have made my point clear at the start, that's my fault.

My point is that Monotheistic Religions don't mix well because they both claim to be the only truth. When they meet there will be trouble because they are each exclusive of all other Faiths.

So if you're Christian in a Muslim Majority area you may want to watch your butt. Same would apply the other way around only not so much here in the US but it can still happen from time to time.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So your just going to glaze over the famed Ottoman Empire? Europeans have always been at each others throat, they stopped when they decided to try and conquer large swathes of Africa.

Which worked in some cases, failed in others.
edit on 12-1-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Makes sense to me. Everytime my bully neighbor down the street picks on me I always run to my next door neighbor and beat him as a response. They both are named Bill, so what's the difference?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join