It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians are most persecuted group in World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Any facts to back that up?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Persecution of any religious person could be avoided if all religion was eradicated

Uhm,
Forced eradication of religion is persecution and probably a holocaust.

Depends how it's eradicated, I would suggest a sufficient level of education

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Persecution of any religious person could be avoided if all religion was eradicated

Uhm,

Well I believe Robert Oppenheimer once said.

"I am become death, destroyer of worlds"

He was quoting religious text.
He was also smarter than both of us put together.

I'm an atheist too, so I understand your perspective.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Europe learned from its mistakes?

No, not really. If they had, then no matter WHAT the hell was going on in the world at the time, there would be fundamentally no right wing extremists in any country in Europe. Why? Because that kind of muck would have been outlawed outright, and anyone wanting to engage in it would have been sent to a nation which allows it, or put in a box for all time for exemplifying the spectre that nearly destroyed the way of life of all the people on the continent and beyond.

And yet, you have radical right wing scum, white supremacist filth, Nazi sympathising peons rising in number. The bastards should be machine gunned in the street, have the tools of their beliefs turned upon them for their temerity and utter disregard for good form, but does that happen? No. So have we learned anything? No. In France, in Germany, Hungary, in the Northern nations, all over the place there are goose stepping bastards hidden amongst regular folk, race haters rising in number. No lessons have been learned at all. Europe is fundamentally as flawed and its people as prone to fear as it has always been, as any legitimate or insightful analysis would show.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

There are 72 countries where consensual sex between two adults of the same sex is punishable by law. In 13 of these it is punishable by death. Tell me, how many countries are there where it is illegal to practice Christianity?

Source

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
real christians anyway..

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You think Brits make majority in Europe? There are many peace loving countries which are not involved in any warware. I am well aware Brits are like ther little big brother US involved all kind of what you mention. it is also very bizarre brits just like their brother do not see others beyond themselves and you are absolutely a proof of that !

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Looks like it is okay with most to treat Christians that way. But it was foretold. Nothing new here. It will happen. Thank God for the truth.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

No, the creation of proxy armies by the people elected by the British public and the American public to run their nations and defend their territory, the murder of MILLIONS of innocent people during the rather improperly named "War on Terror", these things are what drives an increase in the persecution of Christians. Whether its backlash against what is perceived as Christian militancy from the West and its APPALLING treatment of Arab and Muslim nations over DECADES, or the fact that nations which were once at least under control, are now overrun by Western backed proxy armies, promoting hate in order to give Westerners reason to continue feeding the MIC, the fact is that all these drivers begin and end with Western interference in, and destabilisation of nations they want something from.

Do you apply the same standard to Islam? I don't think you do. I could be wrong though.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Uhm,

Who said I was an atheist? Religions themselves are a division of humanity with the very idea created by humanity, it's only natural that persecution is going to be involved.

And I said eradication, not extermination, that would make me as bad as the religious nuts

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

No I do not think the British make the majority in Europe! That would be mathematically ridiculous. But you are not interested in actually accepting the reality of the situation. Look at what you ignored in my post! As it happens, my understanding of what is and is not happening in Europe comes from keeping a close eye on the continent, and its many, many parts.

It is worth pointing out that arms manufacturers in Europe do very well out of war, no matter whether the nations they operate out of happen to be technically involved in it or not. That makes money for the nations they are based in via taxation. And do not give me any of this malarkey about European nations not being involved in the War on Terror.

Also, if you think that European nations were not involved at any stage of the War on Terror, then you need to rethink your attitude and do some research. Factually speaking you are in error.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Uhm,

He also said that after splitting the atom.

Pretty sure he didn't learn that in a religious text.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

He is all powerful time (kaal), destroyer of all the worlds." He goes on to reveal his powers saying that even without Arjuna slaying them (the Kauravas), they will cease to exist due to Lord Krishna terminating their life span by His force of time. Thus he is persuading Arjuna again and again to fight his brothers.
edit on 12-1-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If the Europeans had learned their lesson then they would not allow the politicians caving to Saudi Arabian demands just because of money.

In Christian term. Not being a whore to Babylon and Mammon.
edit on 12-1-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

man people who have posted really make me feel horrible about being human

seriously atheist are just as bad as the Christians they hate so much. i seriously think some of you celebrate

these stats dont really surprise me considing the christian minorities in syria and northern iraq being targeted by isis

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Again you ignore the European wars

just in the 18th century alone
en.wikipedia.org...

18th century[edit] Battle of Denain, 1712 Battle of Fontenoy, 1745 Great Siege of Gibraltar, 1779–83 1700 Lithuanian Civil War 1700–1721 Great Northern War 1701–1713 War of the Spanish Succession 1703–1711 Rákóczi's War of Independence 1707–1708 Bulavin Rebellion 1712 Toggenburg War 1714–1718 Ottoman-Venetian War 1715–1716 Jacobite rising of 1715 1716–1718 Austro-Turkish War 1718–1720 War of the Quadruple Alliance Louis XIV of France.jpg 1722–1723 Russo-Persian War 1727–1729 Anglo-Spanish War 1733–1738 War of the Polish Succession 1735–1739 Russo-Turkish War 1737–1739 Austro-Turkish War 1740–1748 War of the Austrian Succession 1740–1763 Silesian Wars 1741–1743 Russo-Swedish War 1745–1746 Jacobite rising of 1745 1756–1763 Seven Years' War Koning Louis XV; Hyacinthe Rigaud.jpg 1757 Georgian-Ottoman Battle 1763–1864 Russo-Circassian War 1768–1772 War of the Bar Confederation 1768–1774 Russo–Turkish War 1770 Georgian–Ottoman Battle 1770 Orlov Revolt 1774–1775 Pugachev's Rebellion 1775–1783 American Revolutionary War 1778–1779 War of the Bavarian Succession 1784 Kettle War 1784–1785 Revolt of Horea, Cloșca and Crișan 1785 Battle of the Sunja 1787 Dutch Patriot Revolt 1787–1791 Austro-Turkish War 1787–1792 Russo-Turkish War 1788–1790 Russo-Swedish War 1790 Saxon Peasants' Revolt 1792 Polish–Russian War of 1792 1792–1802 French Revolutionary Wars 1794 Kościuszko Uprising 1795 Battle of Krtsanisi 1798 Irish Rebellion of 1798 1798 Peasants' War

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

christian minorities in syria and northern iraq being targeted by isis

Its really terrible but what people forget is that ISIS like Al Qaeda were created and funded by a Christian country namely the USA!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Probably not the MOST persecuted group but certainly ranks right up there. On a religious level however I would agree. No other religious sect takes more verbal and physical punishment from the world than Christians. The crusades were horrible and killed millions of Muslims. They reformed into an otherwise peaceful religion. Though bothersome and somewhat annoying at times no one is being killed if they refuse to convert. Meanwhile the death toll from the expansion is Islam is now over a billion. Communism is the next closest killer at 100 million. But still pails in comparison.

I'm not religious and at times despise all dogmatic faiths. But I'm not blind to see some Christian values have had great impacts on humanity and society, myself included. Mainly the importance of a nuclear family and the values placed on morals. Yet I see there ideals being attacked daily.

It actually upsets me how many people here on ATS and in general will so vehemently attack Christianity and Christians and in the same breath run interference for a group of people that are actively hunting Christians to burn them in cages. Backwards times we are living in...

Note:
I understand not all of Islam promotes this. But with a billion followers even the conservative radicalization estimates put it at 200 million among their ranks. If these EU leaders don't get control of this situation very quickly Europe will spiral out of control an resemble an Islamist controlled nation rather than a nation with roots in Christian morals in less than a decade.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The main reason Christians are so persecuted is because they actively seek out areas that are non Christian and push to convert them to Christianity.

Christianity, like other monotheistic Religions also doesn't allow for tolerance of other Religious Beliefs. So you put those two things together and what do you expect to happen???

It would be no different another monotheistic religion was trying to convert Christians over to their side. That has and always will be a conflict. But it's also one that can be avoided if you want to avoid it. But they don't want to avoid it because they admire the idea of a martyr.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I would have figured that Jewish people were the most persecuted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join