It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury sentences Dylann Roof to death for Emanuel AME Church massacre

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

It's a shame we have to spend millions of dollars until the day leading to his execution.

Especially when it can be done for only 35 cents, or less depending on the caliber.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The world will be a brighter place.

People need to feel safe in their Church.

Send him to God, let God decide what to do with his soul.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The sad thing is this little runt will cost the system more by appealing and delaying the execution. In a perfect world, they'd just drag him out back and double tap him after the jury read the verdict.

I don't believe in life sentences. If you did something so heinous that deserves a life sentence because you are too dangerous to be let back out in public, you deserve to die. I don't want to pay for these people to rot in prison.

I dont believe in being so hasty, but let me explain...

There have been many people falsely accused and sentenced to either death or life that have been exonerated....So I believe the right to appeal........HOWEVER

In cases like this where there is NO doubt that the person carried out the crime? Take him from court to the chamber and be done with it......

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Orwells Ghost

Appeals are, I believe, mandatory in capital cases. Just in case.

This cowardly little skid mark will utilize every one of 'em, too. Big, brave martyr in the courtroom, and in a church full of unarmed innocents, he'll wet himself when the time comes to meet ol' Sparky--or what ever the states choice of execution device is. Here in Washington it's the hangman's noose, or lethal injection.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
He admitted to doing it.

His frustration is that it wasn't about hate so much as it was just about killing black people.

. . . . . #### it, I'll pay for the bullet!!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

A death penalty sentence actually is more expensive than a life sentence in most cases.

What costs more the death penalty or life in prison?
www.nbcrightnow.com...

But as A taxpayer I have no problem with splurging on the more expensive option.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Good. He got what he deserved.
A speedy trial with justice served.

Now why the hell is the fort hood shooter not on trial yet?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Let me throw a wrench in the works...

Hypothetically speaking, if a procedure such as electroshock "therapy" could completely reformat Roof's brain, would it be worth it? A drooling zombie that could push buttons, operate simple machinery or better yet, we donate his living body to science. Should he be reprogrammed to be useful, but dead inside? There are a lot beagles and capuchins that I would love to see Roof take the place of.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Lock him in a cell with the four from Chicago and then execute whoever walks out. They deserve each other.
edit on 10-1-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just a few hours after he told a crowded courtroom “I still feel like I had to do it,” a federal jury sentenced Dylann Roof to death for carrying out a cold, calculated massacre inside Charleston's Emanuel AME Church in a bid to spark a race war.

The 12-member panel – three white jurors, nine black – deliberated for a little less than three hours before unanimously deciding that the 22-year-old white supremacist should die for his crimes rather than spend his life in prison without the possibility of parole.

It will be up to the presiding judge to formally impose that sentence, but he is bound by law to follow the jury’s decision. U.S. District Judge Richard Gergel has scheduled the formal sentencing hearing for 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

www.postandcourier.com... html

All I can say is, "good".

Get it done ASAP.

Fry the little bastard.

No sympathy for the stain.

Die, die, die.

Yup , the wait and lethal injection way of doing things is all so we feel better about our selves..

Duck tape a grenade to his head and pull the pin.... tomorrow.

Put him down like you would a rabid dog and be done with it ole yeller style.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Hypothetically speaking, if a procedure such as electroshock "therapy" could completely reformat Roof's brain, would it be worth it? A drooling zombie that could push buttons, operate simple machinery or better yet, we donate his living body to science. Should he be reprogrammed to be useful, but dead inside? There are a lot beagles and capuchins that I would love to see Roof take the place of.

Save that procedure for politicians.

Roof should be stabbed in the stomach and left on a fire ant mound in South America.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Lock him in a cell with the four from Chicago and then execute whoever walks out. They deserve each other.

I like that idea.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: slider1982

A death penalty sentence actually is more expensive than a life sentence in most cases.

What costs more the death penalty or life in prison?
www.nbcrightnow.com...

But as A taxpayer I have no problem with splurging on the more expensive option.

Which is why you should duck tape a Grenade to his head tommarrow and be done with it...

59.99 for the grenade and a couple grand for cleanup and holding till tommorrow.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: eisegesis

Save that procedure for politicians.

Roof should be stabbed in the stomach and left on a fire ant mound in South America.

I disagree..

Torture lowers us to their level. Put them down like a dog and remove the from society.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Fine. Then just kill him.

I can honestly say that I cannot, will not be objective about this.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks
a reply to: nightbringr

Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population. There are 714 inmates on California's death row.

Well this is for California, so I'm not sure how far off the numbers are.

That's why they need to do him in quick!

He admitted he did it, there is no doubt i don't see what appeals and delays accomplish. The system needs to be changed in cases like this.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ok, fine. We don't torture, but we also don't execute children. Let's make sure he's not a child anymore ... the Satere Mawe way!

We have to make sure he does this 20 times in order to be a man.

Then he can be executed. It's not torture. It's a culturally sound coming of age practice.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
cost of death penalty v 70 odd years behind bars is a no brainer..

A execution if that is what the court has ruled for should be swift, I hate hearing about these botched executions where people take ages to die, on that note they should use a guillotine. I cannot think of a more no f#cking about method that gets the job done every time..

RA

Bring back the firing squad. Noone is bullet proof.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think killing him quickly is the objective option lol..

Life in prison is illogical as he will never be let go.

Waiting to execute AND torture is inhumane imho. The messier and thus quicker the better.

Grenade ducktaped to the forehead.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Ok, fine. We don't torture, but we also don't execute children. Let's make sure he's not a child anymore ... the Satere Mawe way!

We have to make sure he does this 20 times in order to be a man.

Then he can be executed. It's not torture. It's a culturally sound coming of age practice.

What to do with child monsters is definately an interesting question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join