It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Jury sentences Dylann Roof to death for Emanuel AME Church massacre

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Just a few hours after he told a crowded courtroom “I still feel like I had to do it,” a federal jury sentenced Dylann Roof to death for carrying out a cold, calculated massacre inside Charleston's Emanuel AME Church in a bid to spark a race war.

The 12-member panel – three white jurors, nine black – deliberated for a little less than three hours before unanimously deciding that the 22-year-old white supremacist should die for his crimes rather than spend his life in prison without the possibility of parole.

It will be up to the presiding judge to formally impose that sentence, but he is bound by law to follow the jury’s decision. U.S. District Judge Richard Gergel has scheduled the formal sentencing hearing for 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

www.postandcourier.com... html

All I can say is, "good".

Get it done ASAP.

Fry the little bastard.

No sympathy for the stain.

Die, die, die.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Good.

I wonder if anyone will show up here protesting the death penalty.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Im not against the death penalty, But surely solitary confinement for the Next 70+ years is a bigger punishment?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

To me IMO, the death penalty is the easy way out.

Let the rat rot.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't know why.

There is no redeeming value in that walking skin bag.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Roof doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Roof doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us.

He won't, as long as he's in Solitary

link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
Im not against the death penalty, But surely solitary confinement for the Next 70+ years is a bigger punishment?

And a much bigger punishment to taxpayers who foot his three square meals a day for the rest of his life.

link   
The sad thing is this little runt will cost the system more by appealing and delaying the execution. In a perfect world, they'd just drag him out back and double tap him after the jury read the verdict.

I don't believe in life sentences. If you did something so heinous that deserves a life sentence because you are too dangerous to be let back out in public, you deserve to die. I don't want to pay for these people to rot in prison.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If anyone ever deserved it, this kid did.

Un-remorseful, brainwashed, murdering piece of....., well you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: slapjacks

To me IMO, the death penalty is the easy way out.

Let the rat rot.

Sure. You pay for his incarceration then.

I'm sure 99% of the honest, hard working tax payers want this waste if space home as soon as possible.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Just a few hours after he told a crowded courtroom “I still feel like I had to do it,” a federal jury sentenced Dylann Roof to death for carrying out a cold, calculated massacre inside Charleston's Emanuel AME Church in a bid to spark a race war.

The jury did "what they felt like they had to do", too, you skid mark.

Ooopsies on the race war, too, skid mark. Enjoy Hell.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: ColaTesla

And a much bigger punishment to taxpayers who foot his three square meals a day for the rest of his life.

Well, Thats true...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
one less scumbag around got what he deserved ..

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
cost of death penalty v 70 odd years behind bars is a no brainer..

A execution if that is what the court has ruled for should be swift, I hate hearing about these botched executions where people take ages to die, on that note they should use a guillotine. I cannot think of a more no f#cking about method that gets the job done every time..

RA

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
He deserves death and whatever additional punishment might follow (after death).

Justice has been served.

edit on 10-1-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population. There are 714 inmates on California's death row.

Well this is for California, so I'm not sure how far off the numbers are.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Adios douche

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hopefully they can carry out this sentence in an expedient fashion and the world can be rid of this scumbag. But what are the odds of the defense not appealing this conviction?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
In a perfect world, they'd just drag him out back and double tap him after the jury read the verdict.

My first choice, too.

I don't want to pay for these people to rot in prison.

Keep him on a chain gang and work him 20 hours a day. An hour for breakfast, an hour for lunch, an hour for dinner, and an hour to sleep.

After what he did, that's not too much to ask.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join