It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury sentences Dylann Roof to death for Emanuel AME Church massacre

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What was that?

Oh, sanity!

I am not used to hearing good news around here that makes sense. Good, hopefully they will not wait very long to perform the execution. Good Riddance!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
He admitted to doing it.
His frustration is that it wasn't about hate so much as it was just about killing black people.

He admitted, because he believes strongly, that he's living in a White Power society, so he has no fear of being executed for this action.

He also surrendered to the cops without any resistance, because again, he believes that while these cops might publically have to say they disapprove of his actions, they secretly admire him, because the cops do the same things to black people.

So, in his mind, he is certain that the white men in power will move heaven and earth to see he remains safe and sound, and is never actually put to death, given that he has shown them he has the courage to carry out the kind of thing they only dream about.

So, in his mind, he is ok.

There's no remorse. No fear. He might be a little upset that it's taking so long to free him, and send him back home.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Oh he'll be sent back home alright. . . . .

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Goddamn, He's really making it hard to have any sort of sympathy for him. No remorse, even in the courtroom under threat of death he maintains that murdering a bunch of friendly people in their church was the right thing to do.

The only hope at this point is maybe his organs can be harvested and put to good use. Donate his body to that poor Russian guy who's willing to try a head transplant. "Here you go, fresh young body ready for someone to do something worthwhile with it."

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I do feel somewhat sorry for him. It's clear from the police interview he has an incredibly low IQ which leads me to believe he probably didn't write the manifesto that was published online himself, and that he was an easy target for the more hardcore members of the WN community to influence and manipulate. You only need to go on youtube to see them all continue to praise him as a hero for throwing his life away and the lives of innocents for their cause, which they don't have the balls to do themselves.

He deserves to die for his actions but I get no satisfaction at all from it, it's just quite sad really.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The guy was a Manchurian Candidate, no different than the recent Ft. Lauderdale airport shooter.

From his confession video:

player.piksel.com...

7:10
Q: What exactly is it that you think you did do?
A: "Well I did ... I kill .. I guess. I mean, I don't really know. ..."

15:10
Q: So basically you were trying to make a statement, or prove a point on behalf of the white race, is that what you're saying?
A: Yeah in a way, I guess...

16:40
Q: What was the reason you chose Charleston as your location?
A: Well, the reason I chose Charleston is because... you know... it's just... it's... I like Charleston.. It's really nice down there... It's a historic city, you know...
(Note how Roof is unable to answer the question)

29:55
Q: So what was your point then, what point were you trying to make? ..
A: ... because... I just knew that would be a place, where there would be a small amount of black people in one area...
(Once again, he can't answer the question)

57:20
A: I don't know exactly what I've done, you know. ... I don't know how many people are killed, or anything. ...
Q: ..do you think anybody died?
A: I think...(long pause) Yeah, I think somebody died.
Q: I mean, how do you know? ...
A: I don't know for sure, that's the problem.

11:34:00
Q: Do you hope other people emulate you, and go forward? I mean...
A: No, I wouldn't say that.
Q: ... was that in your thought process, 'if I do this, and I'm successful,' then other people might get the courage to do it too?
A: You know, I wouldn't.. no, I don't think that was in my thought process at all. I was never thinking, oh, if I go shoot people, other people were going to go shoot people, no, not at all. ...
Q: ... ultimately your goal was to make race relations worse, right?
A: Right, I mean, I guess that was one of my goals, I guess, I don't know... ...
Q: You're hoping... that white people rise up and, and become aware through what you did?
A: Yes, and it doesn't mean that I want white people to rise up and kill all black people... ...
A: But I don't really have an opinion on Obama or anything like that. You really can't blame Obama

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
He's irredeemable so no point keeping him around.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

That sounds more like an experiment than a punishment.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I dunno, he Seems to me more like "Too dumb to form a coherent thought" than "Addled by government conditioning."

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Can anyone with a degree in psychology PM his profile ? thanks in advance!

Is his medical exam available online and psychological evaluation ?
edit on 2017110 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Totally against his death.
He should be get atonement for his sins.

I believe, the relatives of that Christian people who got shot wouldn't want to get more blood spilled over this whole affair by killing him. This is what not the New Testament Jesus supposedly has preached.
This is nit worthy of a proper demogracy.

There might be coming up interesting mind-extension applications in the near fuiture that suppress certain ways of thinking in destructive behavior or planning suicide / murder on big scale. Brain-implants might make such people as the defedant / convitcted guy a worthy member of our society again one day.
Why throw away?

And I think death sentence is the easy way out. Plus, it's basbaric by a state. Japan and the USA are the only western states, that allow this disgraceful death sentence to be carried out.
China is not a western state, but pretty big in killing, too. All Muslimic states ( who are barbaric, was we know), etc.

edit on 11-1-2017 by Pixman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Should have locked him up in a cell with Tyrone and Jamal.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

However they do it... I hope it does not end quickly.

I also hope that everyone who believes what Dylann Roof does, finds themselves catching a lead breakfast before they decide that they too must arm themselves and murder people for no actual reason.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pixman
Totally against his death.
He should be get atonement for his sins.

I believe, the relatives of that Christian people who got shot wouldn't want to get more blood spilled over this whole affair by killing him. This is what not the New Testament Jesus supposedly has preached.
This is nit worthy of a proper demogracy.

There might be coming up interesting mind-extension applications in the near fuiture that suppress certain ways of thinking in destructive behavior or planning suicide / murder on big scale. Brain-implants might make such people as the defedant / convitcted guy a worthy member of our society again one day.
Why throw away?

And I think death sentence is the easy way out. Plus, it's basbaric by a state. Japan and the USA are the only western states, that allow this disgraceful death sentence to be carried out.
China is not a western state, but pretty big in killing, too. All Muslimic states ( who are barbaric, was we know), etc.

That requires the population to spend at least 50k a year per person to in-prison.

Plus I don't personally buy that longer sentences stop impulsive or heinous crimes.

No one is knowingly committing a crime that gets 20 years, but refuses to do one that gets 30 years.

The whole point is they didn't care what the penalty was or didn't think they would get caught. Either way death and life sentences are not really a deterrent.

Don't torture monstrous people, put them down like dogs and remove them from society.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Should have locked him up in a cell with Tyrone and Jamal.

No one deserves to be raped and tortured.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Pixman

Several of the victims openly forgave Roof shortly after the murders. Forgiving the murderer of your loved one is loving and merciful beyond imagination, and exactly what Jesus commanded.

Now it's time for the state (through the same process that crucified Jesus, which if you have aligned yourself with Christ you would understand that it needed to happen) to do its job. The victims have already done theirs.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: ColaTesla
Im not against the death penalty, But surely solitary confinement for the Next 70+ years is a bigger punishment?

And a much bigger punishment to taxpayers who foot his three square meals a day for the rest of his life.

Yet it's cheaper to give someone life in prison versus executing them because of how expensive the appeal process is.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

It's a shame we have to spend millions of dollars until the day leading to his execution.

Especially when it can be done for only 35 cents, or less depending on the caliber.

Well that plus the money you have to pay the janitor to clean up his brains off the floor. Oh yeah and all the money for the inevitable ptsd that said janitor will get from it.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: ColaTesla
Im not against the death penalty, But surely solitary confinement for the Next 70+ years is a bigger punishment?

And a much bigger punishment to taxpayers who foot his three square meals a day for the rest of his life.

Yet it's cheaper to give someone life in prison versus executing them because of how expensive the appeal process is.

I don't think he will appeal. He pretty much asked for the death penalty. He acted as his own attorney! He offered no witnesses no defense argument, at all.

It's all very strange, IMO.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Stone cold killer.

EOS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join