It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat consumption ban is mandatory - necessary temperatures to eliminate BSE pathogens

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

10 Deadliest Epidemics in History
www.healthcarebusinesstech.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Evilbunnie

originally posted by: supermilkman

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Two words. . .

Steak tartar.

*drops mic and walks off stage*

Six words: humans are on the aliens menu.

Six words: You read too much Steven Hawkings

Oh and I will never give up my meat!

Stephen Hawkings has a PhD. What do you have?
edit on 10-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Well see, if humans came with IV's attached then yes, we're supposed to take hard drugs! but we don't luckily... What we do have though are sets of teeth perfectly adapted to tearing and biting into meat (like carnivores) but we also have molars to grind down plant material.

Just like our ape-ancestors our most superficial biology seems to point out that humans are omnivores!
Who would've thought, we're biologically made to eat meat and plants?!? And only choosing one of the above seems to have negative health impacts...

So I'm sticking to a balanced diet then.
I eat everything and I'm quite proud of that, food is food, plant-based or animal-based. If it's nutritious it's going in my body.

Also - If you can't kill/clean it yourself you shouldn't be eating it.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Well see, if humans came with IV's attached then yes, we're supposed to take hard drugs! but we don't luckily... What we do have though are sets of teeth perfectly adapted to tearing and biting into meat (like carnivores) but we also have molars to grind down plant material.

Just like our ape-ancestors our most superficial biology seems to point out that humans are omnivores!
Who would've thought, we're biologically made to eat meat and plants?!? And only choosing one of the above seems to have negative health impacts...

So I'm sticking to a balanced diet then.
I eat everything and I'm quite proud of that, food is food, plant-based or animal-based. If it's nutritious it's going in my body.

Also - If you can't kill/clean it yourself you shouldn't be eating it.

Refer to the African bushmeat video.

I'm done with traditionalists. Quit being stuck in the past.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Bushmeat diseases
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Animals used as bushmeat may also carry other diseases such as smallpox, chicken pox, tuberculosis, measles, rubella, rabies, yellow fever and yaws.[29]

African squirrels (Heliosciurus, Funisciurus) have been implicated as reservoirs of the monkeypox virus in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

[30] The bubonic plague bacteria can transfer to humans when handling or eating North American prairie dogs.
- Wikipedia

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

This thread is beyond dopey!!!!! Hahaha!!!! Oh my...why does ATS have the lowest standards of all time?

Prions lol.

OP. Read a book for Christ's sake. I'm at a loss for words here. This site keeps getting worse and worse.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This documentary on food, condemned most meat, I remember watching this and thinking I am going to eat less meat.
I could go a whole month without meat, but if somebody invites me over for steak dinner, I am all in on that.

edit on 10-1-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Ah good ol tree rat

I like to go squirrel hunting, not big on eating them (flavor thing).

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This is silly. You did a good job of starting a conversation though. That can't be a bad thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yeah, so what? Do you suggest the wolves should start eating vegetables? Did you have a point when you mentioned that? Do I get rabies often? No, I don't.. so I'll continue eating meat.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If humans were able to give up meat, we would have been living in a utopia awhile ago. Giving up meat requires some personal sacrifice, an ability to change for the better and empathy. Things that most people lack.

Since human beings are unable change, depopulation will be needed for any chance of real change.

What is more "evil": Depopulation or a high population the requires near-slave labor and the torture of mass produced animals. We can continue to live in a world filled with suffering animals and people, or we can depopulate the earth.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

This thread is beyond dopey!!!!! Hahaha!!!! Oh my...why does ATS have the lowest standards of all time?

Prions lol.

OP. Read a book for Christ's sake. I'm at a loss for words here. This site keeps getting worse and worse.

My thread is backed up by data from CDC, USDA, FDA reports and other peer review studies. You guys obviously don't want to listen to reason.

My next challenge is to go a marijuana forum to convince addicts that drugs are bad for them. I'll probably have about as much luck there as I do here.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Here's a picture of a normal prion and a diseased prion.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadMoonJester

Yeah, so what? Do you suggest the wolves should start eating vegetables? Did you have a point when you mentioned that? Do I get rabies often? No, I don't.. so I'll continue eating meat.

Wolves aren't intelligent like humans. Animals only have survival instincts. Humans are autonomous and self-regulating.

Also by your logic you wouldn't mind eating a rodent with rabies? Of course if the wolves eat disease carrying animals then humans should too?

Yellowstone wolves hit by disease
www.livescience.com...

The researchers point to pathogens as the culprit in the population's instability. By 1997, all of the new wolves at the park that were tested for disease had at least one infection, including canine distemper, canine parvovirus and canine herpesvirus. Starting in 2007, wolves inside the park were testing positive for mange — an infection in which mites burrow under the skin causing insatiable scratching and so much hair loss that infected wolves often freeze to death in the winter.

Animals are not exempt from diseases.

Rabies found in wolves
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Under normal circumstances, wild wolves are generally timid around humans, though there are several reported circumstances in which wolves have been recorded to act aggressively toward humans.[29] The majority of fatal wolf attacks have historically involved rabies, which was first recorded in wolves in the 13th century. The earliest recorded case of an actual rabid wolf attack comes from Germany in 1557.[29] Though wolves are not reservoirs for the disease, they can catch it from other species. - Wikipedia

Infections and parasitic diseases of the gray wolf
pubs.er.usgs.gov...

Numerous infections and parasitic diseases have been reported for the gray wolf, including more than 10 viral, bacterial, and mycotic disease and more than 70 species of helminths and ectoparasites. - USGS

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
This is silly. You did a good job of starting a conversation though. That can't be a bad thing.

It's backed by physical science. There's really no room for argument.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Research meat subsidies. Taxes are somewhere in the billions of dollars per year (in USA) to make the price of meat seem lower than it is. This means we are all paying for meat whether we buy it or not.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well, there isn't when we pretend that there isn't. I don't know what your real intentions are when you say these things, and then your mention of convincing marijuana users that drugs are bad for them. What is it that you really think you are accomplishing, and why?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It's mandatory because meat eaters still put other non-meat eaters at risk.

Quarantining is a necessary evil.

Not Mandatory to me. In order for something to be mandatory it would have to be enforced and even then, self defense is also a necessary evil.

If we are on the menu, what are they most likely to eat? A Vegetarian with so called "High Vibrations" or a Meat eater who will most likely be "tainted" and sick and likely be poison to our alien "friends"?

New Agers are funny.

This is what our diet should look like.

Yea um, prepare to meet alot of resistance.

By all means, eat what you wish, but; Leave my Lasagna & Bacon alone.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Well, there isn't when we pretend that there isn't. I don't know what your real intentions are when you say these things, and then your mention of convincing marijuana users that drugs are bad for them. What is it that you really think you are accomplishing, and why?

That BSE's and TSE's from our meat supply is harmful. Parasites commonly found in raw meat and undercooked food (sushi, rare steaks, tartar.) That our cooking temperatures were never hot enough to destroy these pathogens.

Replacing livestock consumption with synthetic meat made from stem cells is a better alternative.

I still think that my protein shakes has all the required protein, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that I need. I also think it's easier to mix two scoops of protein powder with some water than preparing full course meals but that's just me.

Nevertheless our current food supply poses health risks which I think I have given enough to evidence to prove.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

It's mandatory because meat eaters still put other non-meat eaters at risk.

Quarantining is a necessary evil.

Not Mandatory to me. In order for something to be mandatory it would have to be enforced and even then, self defense is also a necessary evil.

If we are on the menu, what are they most likely to eat? A Vegetarian with so called "High Vibrations" or a Meat eater who will most likely be "tainted" and sick and likely be poison to our alien "friends"?

New Agers are funny.

This is what our diet should look like.

Yea um, prepare to meet alot of resistance.

By all means, eat what you wish, but; Leave my Lasagna & Bacon alone.

Facts aren't feelings. Quarantining is a necessary evil. Bottom line.

Keep being anti-intellectual. The rest of us will continue evolving while you stagnate with your pseudo-warlord nonsense.

Newsflash: you're not going to fight off the hordes and you're not going to fight the NWO. It's your incompetence that will be your own downfall. Your "self-defence" will more than likely put you in prison.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join