It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat consumption ban is mandatory - necessary temperatures to eliminate BSE pathogens

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
You are a funny guy, I am supposed to hope that the people behind the GMO foods only have my best interest at heart... You are telling a conspiracy web site to trust big brother govt to not use its power and influence to modify the foods in such a way as to benefit the powers that be... (dumb down...population control etc)

Where if I raise a calf for beef, I only have natural risks associated with it, I am good with that... and so are many other people.. it does not make us small minded, or stupid.

You really should pry yourself out of that ivory tower you live in and try to see things from another perspective... walk a mile in their shoes if you will.

eta: What do you mean by "Absolute reality"?
edit on 11-1-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Like i said, you will take away my bacon from my cold dead hands. But not before taking a bunch with me, with a mouthful of bacon in my mouth.

Yeshua said that no food is unclean for a clean person. Yet I believe there is a foundation of peace that is inherently accompanied by non-violence where death fades away like a bad dream. Isaiah prophesied of such a time:

"...the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:7-9)

Eating meat was not a command after the fall of Adam and Eve, but only after the flood (Gen 9:3)

Just some things to contemplate, brother.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman
Let me look into my crystal ball.

I envision you being some overweight middle class white male? Probably likes to wear a baseball cap out in public? You like 1970's/1980's rock n roll? You claim to be a right wing conservative but you love your counter culture, liberal musical bands and beer?

Is it true?

LOL you got some bits right: white and '70s and 80' rock.... as for the rest, a big LOL.

I don't like my pic on a public forum, so I'll just post this for a little while until you realize how wrong stereotyping is. And how wrong you picture people in your head.

This is me, now.

[snipped]

edit on 1.12.2017 by Kandinsky because: Removed image

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
You are a funny guy, I am supposed to hope that the people behind the GMO foods only have my best interest at heart... You are telling a conspiracy web site to trust big brother govt to not use its power and influence to modify the foods in such a way as to benefit the powers that be... (dumb down...population control etc)

Where if I raise a calf for beef, I only have natural risks associated with it, I am good with that... and so are many other people.. it does not make us small minded, or stupid.

You really should pry yourself out of that ivory tower you live in and try to see things from another perspective... walk a mile in their shoes if you will.

eta: What do you mean by "Absolute reality"?

You conspiracy theorists don't have the answers to everything. You guys have selective hearing. You only hear what you want to hear.

Look at the thread again and see all the diseases that are commonly found in the wild life. I even posted videos of animals getting mangoworms and people getting intestinal worms surgically removed.

And don't tell me to walk a mile. I probably have more mileage than you do.

Absolute reality is physical reality (mathematics, biology, and chemistry.) Social sciences are based on assumptions.

There are atoms, the rest is just opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Like i said, you will take away my bacon from my cold dead hands. But not before taking a bunch with me, with a mouthful of bacon in my mouth.

Yeshua said that no food is unclean for a clean person. Yet I believe there is a foundation of peace that is inherently accompanied by non-violence where death fades away like a bad dream. Isaiah prophesied of such a time:

"...the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea." (Isaiah 11:7-9)

Eating meat was not a command after the fall of Adam and Eve, but only after the flood (Gen 9:3)

Just some things to contemplate, brother.

Pick up a biology book. You can't always be into spiritual work. Too much spiritual work makes you lose your grounding with reality.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Let me look into my crystal ball.

I envision you being some overweight middle class white male? Probably likes to wear a baseball cap out in public? You like 1970's/1980's rock n roll? You claim to be a right wing conservative but you love your counter culture, liberal musical bands and beer?

Is it true?

LOL you got some bits right: white and '70s and 80' rock.... as for the rest, a big LOL.

I don't like my pic on a public forum, so I'll just post this for a little while until you realize how wrong stereotyping is. And how wrong you picture people in your head.

This is me, now.

[snipped]

Ok I was wrong. Still I don't recommend posting personal information online.

Research PERSEC, COMSEC, OPSEC, and INFOSEC.
edit on 1.12.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman
Good is healthy, bad is unhealthy.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Hilariously, a lot of the issues with meat in the US is down to how they are reared via mass production. Have you seen the doco Food Inc? I highly recommend it.

You cant blame omnivores for this problem. You can blame fast food and big corporate, along with failed government regulation due to the big corporate political revolving door.

And herein lay my biggest issue with Trump. I don't think he is going to fix the corporate favoritism, instead he may compound it. Not that Hillary was going to offer anything substantial is this regard either.

But I digress.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Hilariously, a lot of the issues with meat in the US is down to how they are reared via mass production. Have you seen the doco Food Inc? I highly recommend it.

You cant blame omnivores for this problem. You can blame fast food and big corporate, along with failed government regulation due to the big corporate political revolving door.

And herein lay my biggest issue with Trump. I don't think he is going to fix the corporate favoritism, instead he may compound it. Not that Hillary was going to offer anything substantial is this regard either.

But I digress.

Have you seen the videos I posted of animals getting mangoworm, parasites from freshwater fish, intestinal worms from raw meat?

Regulations are sometimes necessary for public safety.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Pick up a biology book. You can't always be into spiritual work. Too much spiritual work makes you lose your grounding with reality.

I've taken plenty of science courses throughout my studies. If you want to reintroduce yourself to the biology of your prototype, Eat raw vegetarian food from responsible sources - not man-made toxins.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I said failed regulation i.e. lack of regulation.....USFDA are failing, have been for a long time

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Game meats are not subject to any of that crap. Also I saw a video of Anthony Bourdain eating raw chicken meat and he was fine and that's because of the astoundingly clean environment the chicken was raised in.

You're talking about "utility meats"...Products of hyper industrialized agriculture.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You start out referencing bacteria and viruses, then switch to prions, creating an inaccurate picture of the science and issues. But yeah, you're onto something. Just nowhere near any real understanding.

Keep reading and learning.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

BSE/TSE's stems from disease causing prions (which have multi-year incubation periods.)

Parasites stem from progolotiid eggs and taenia.

Salmonella and e.coli from bacterium.

Ban livestock, bushmeat, and freshwater meat consumption then replace it with synthetic meat made from healthy animal stem cells. It's that simple.
edit on 15-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Wild animals get infections all the time. Eating raw meat is still a bad idea.

You guys are also missing the point that BSE's have long incubation periods. You can be a carrier to the disease but the symptoms sometimes doesn't show up until years later.

posted on Jan, 15 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

It doesn't matter. There has to be a ban.

Replace meat with synthetic meat and plant-protein. You won't even know the difference.

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Nope. Not that simple. At all. ...You're looking at the little picture, which just generates fear, when there is a much, much bigger perspective to be had.

2016: Grass plants bind, retain, uptake, and transport infectious prions.

Prions are the protein-based infectious agents responsible for prion diseases. Environmental prion contamination has been implicated in disease transmission. Here, we analyzed the binding and retention of infectious prion protein (PrP(Sc)) to plants. ...These findings demonstrate that plants can efficiently bind infectious prions and act as carriers of infectivity, suggesting a possible role of environmental prion contamination in the horizontal transmission of the disease.

On ATS:

2013: Prions Found in Plants

Prions — the infectious, deformed proteins that cause chronic wasting disease, or CWD, in deer — can be taken up by plants such as alfalfa, corn and tomatoes, according to new research from the National Wildlife Health Center in Madison.

The research further demonstrated that stems and leaves from tainted plants were infectious when injected into laboratory mice. ...

....The Bad News

Prions really are everywhere - in meat, milk, animals, plants, insects, viruses, bacteria, fungi, soil, water, the rivers, oceans and air.

The Good News

We are all one. Prions are supposed to be everywhere - they are an important mechanism that helps us all adapt to our planet's changing environments, and evolve.

In fact, long before prions were "officially recognized" by the scientific establishment and well before Prusiner got his Nobel prize for "discovering" prions, various pharmaceutical and agricultural corporations were synthesizing prions and using the mechanism to create 'protein based' medications and to modify plant and animal genes.

More Bad News

The money guys were too ignorant and stupid to realize that their little profit generators would change the biological foundations of our world.

....MORE....

Take Home Point:

If you want to talk about prions, you HAVE to talk about evolution.

edit on 16/1/17 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

OMG! Meat can carry diseases?!?
How will we ever circumnavigate this dilemma??

Oh look, fire

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

...OMG! Meat can carry diseases?!?
How will we ever circumnavigate this dilemma??

Oh look, fire

supermilkman's main concern is with prions - which cannot be destroyed by cooking. Or much else for that matter. At best, prions just shape-shift and mutate into a new strain on exposure. To high temperatures. Or low temperatures, or radiation, or corrosive chemicals, or... you name it.

Even autoclaving does not destroy prions on medical devices.

That's why the best solution is to stop creating the little suckers.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

Nope. Not that simple. At all. ...You're looking at the little picture, which just generates fear, when there is a much, much bigger perspective to be had.

2016: Grass plants bind, retain, uptake, and transport infectious prions.

Prions are the protein-based infectious agents responsible for prion diseases. Environmental prion contamination has been implicated in disease transmission. Here, we analyzed the binding and retention of infectious prion protein (PrP(Sc)) to plants. ...These findings demonstrate that plants can efficiently bind infectious prions and act as carriers of infectivity, suggesting a possible role of environmental prion contamination in the horizontal transmission of the disease.

On ATS:

2013: Prions Found in Plants

Prions — the infectious, deformed proteins that cause chronic wasting disease, or CWD, in deer — can be taken up by plants such as alfalfa, corn and tomatoes, according to new research from the National Wildlife Health Center in Madison.

The research further demonstrated that stems and leaves from tainted plants were infectious when injected into laboratory mice. ...

....The Bad News

Prions really are everywhere - in meat, milk, animals, plants, insects, viruses, bacteria, fungi, soil, water, the rivers, oceans and air.

The Good News

We are all one. Prions are supposed to be everywhere - they are an important mechanism that helps us all adapt to our planet's changing environments, and evolve.

In fact, long before prions were "officially recognized" by the scientific establishment and well before Prusiner got his Nobel prize for "discovering" prions, various pharmaceutical and agricultural corporations were synthesizing prions and using the mechanism to create 'protein based' medications and to modify plant and animal genes.

More Bad News

The money guys were too ignorant and stupid to realize that their little profit generators would change the biological foundations of our world.

....MORE....

Take Home Point:

If you want to talk about prions, you HAVE to talk about evolution.

Get the stem cells from healthy specimens, replicate them with growth serum.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join