It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God creates us and loves us but if you're gay you go to hell?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: auto3000

Take it away Sir George...

God bless, Joe Pesci. LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: TAECOLE7
a reply to: AMPTAH

Based on the KJV Bible what is a sin?

In the OLD testament, a sin is just an "act" that is against the given law.

In the NEW testament, a sin is also a "thought" about an act,

even if that act is not followed through upon. [KJV, Matthew 5:27-28]

Jesus brought in "a more strict" interpretation of the old laws, and required his followers to

"be more righteous than even the Pharisees." [KJV, Matthew 5:20]
so, God's laws are grievous?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah, God tells us who to poke and who not to especially in Deuteronomy, but he lusted after a 13 year old Jewish girl, knocked her up and then tried to cover it up by marrying her off to an older Jewish carpenter. And then tells us we are going to hell?

Pretty sure Adam and Eve weren't married either

From BlueJacket

Eve was a clone of Adam, being taken and created from his rib. If the stories are true, what does that make humans?

Thats because the God from the bible is a thoroughly loathsome character. Childish, petty, vengeful....even if i did believe in him, i would never worship an a*shole like him.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Damn right, I realized this when I was actually 12 years old believe or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

We're talking about religions not standardized testing. Religions can't be proved as far as I'm aware.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Maybe that God is a computer programmer and you are a defective program in need of deletion. You are just as likely to go to hell if you act on the homosexual feelings then some dude screwing some chick he isn't married to. At least that is what the Bible tells me.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
We are told not to judge others. It is none of our business what goes on in the bedroom. The only real sin is causing pain to our fellow man. The amount of pain religious people have inflicted on the alphabet community is the real "sin" here.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity

We're talking about religions not standardized testing. Religions can't be proved as far as I'm aware.
What can I research in religions to see that maybe they can't be proven?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
We are told not to judge others. It is none of our business what goes on in the bedroom. The only real sin is causing pain to our fellow man. The amount of pain religious people have inflicted on the alphabet community is the real "sin" here.

So, if we get rid of religions, is it possible for the world to then be free from the actions of corrupt minds?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

There's nothing you could research, that's why they can't be proven true. Religions are based on faith not fact.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The only "unpardonable sin" in the Bible is NOT believing that Jesus Christ is the sinless son of God,born of a virgin who died on the cross at Calvary to pay for our sin debt in full.If you believe in Jesus and are gay ,you will still go to Heaven.However Hebrews 9:27 says :And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.This is what I believe.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

There's nothing you could research, that's why they can't be proven true. Religions are based on faith not fact.
I thought that facts were only a product of reality, wouldn't it be better to look for the truth so that facts are explained?

(post by powertec120 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

If you're looking for the facts of reality then you have to ignore religion since it's not based in fact but on faith.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2017 by nemonimity because: Double Post, Mods please remove

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: powertec120
Wake up to reality you fools and realize that life is hell and stop using some mystical God as a safe space or something to help save your feelings or whatever, just live your lives and go with the flow.
So, a life that is subject to death is reality? Is that where the flow is ultimately headed?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oddly enough Moses had pre marital sex right there in the bible, he certainly wasnt maried before he lay with ol whats her name in one of her fathers tents ...and hes lookin after the pearly gates

Pretty sure Adam and Eve weren't married either

You didn't have to be ceremonially married in a civil service, in the old days, to have sex. [KJV, Exodus 22:16 ]

The act of sex itself was the marriage. In God's eyes, man having sex with woman is the holy marriage. The civil marriage can come before or after, and that's just for the people to know you're married. And if you have the civil marriage first, but didn't have sex after, the marriage was annulled. Since in the eyes of God, the marriage is the sex, not the civil ceremony.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

If you're looking for the facts of reality then you have to ignore religion since it's not based in fact but on faith.
But, I thought that the bible was making a truth claim and just involves a series of claimed facts?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That's where faith comes in, you believe the bible is true for your own reasons but your belief in something doesn't make it fact in regards to "reality". Reality being the sum of everything not just our own beliefs and ideas.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

hmm. well good information appreciate the insight, whew looks like I have one helluva a lot of wives then...good thing God doesnt frown on multiple wives in the old days eh? Good ol Solomon

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join