It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God creates us and loves us but if you're gay you go to hell?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: auto3000
But WE have to forgive to go to heaven? God is in control of everything. He creates each one of us in His image, although some of us are born gay. And if we practice a gay lifestyle we are damned to hell to burn and be tortured for eternity. Why can't he make it not so, if he loves us so that we are with him in heaven because that is what he wants. So if you are gay you are condemned to a life alone to never feel love or affection to what you know as normal. A man just doesn't wake up one day and say hey I want to wear a dress and be with a man. These children are being born this way. Not the girls that play around and think it's cute, but the for real I'm in the wrong body type. What have they done to deserve this and shouldn't God being the understanding God He is be forgiving and want us to experience life at it's fullest and to be happy here on earth? So I'm born gay and if I do what I feel is right and normal and brings me happiness in this life I will burn forever? For the record, I am not gay. I would like to hear what my ATS family feels on this matter.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: auto3000
But WE have to forgive to go to heaven? God is in control of everything. He creates each one of us in His image, although some of us are born gay. And if we practice a gay lifestyle we are damned to hell to burn and be tortured for eternity. Why can't he make it not so, if he loves us so that we are with him in heaven because that is what he wants. So if you are gay you are condemned to a life alone to never feel love or affection to what you know as normal. A man just doesn't wake up one day and say hey I want to wear a dress and be with a man. These children are being born this way. Not the girls that play around and think it's cute, but the for real I'm in the wrong body type. What have they done to deserve this and shouldn't God being the understanding God He is be forgiving and want us to experience life at it's fullest and to be happy here on earth? So I'm born gay and if I do what I feel is right and normal and brings me happiness in this life I will burn forever? For the record, I am not gay. I would like to hear what my ATS family feels on this matter.

While I agree with the gist of your sentiments, I'd like to point out that you are conflating homosexuality with gender dysphoria. Those are mutually exclusive things.

But the rest is good, carry on.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I don't understand, how can limited awareness of reality, make void of even a claim of an all knowing being without that person having knowledge of the true? how can limited facts explain the absolute truth of reality? how can any degree of facts, explain a absolute concept like truth? wouldn't a person need the truth in order to understand facts and not the other way around?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It seems in this thread people are afraid of being Christian, or speaking about a belief of faith based text. I for one, am not.

Jesus died for our sins. Which makes any argument about the old testament void.

Moving on to the new testament. There are 4 places where homosexuality is talked about. The most prominent is Romans 1: 26-27.

For this reason [idolatry] God gave them up to passions of dishonor; for even their females exchanged the natural use for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise also the males, having left the natural use of the female, were inflamed by their lust for one another, males with males, committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.

The most important parts of this verse is "contrary to nature", and "God gave them".
We were put on this earth to be fruitful and multiply. This is the nature of our being.
Being that God gave them the passions of dishonor, means it was a punishment for wrongdoing. Which means you are not born with it.

Being Gay is against God's will. It is against any decree Jesus gave.

Any person claiming to be a true Christian (whether you go to church or not), should be against it morally.

Please also remember the bible tells us not to judge. That is left for God. Your mission is to educate people, bring them to Christ, not to condemn them. This is where most born-again nutbags get it wrong.

You can do as you please and none of it will effect me. Just know I did my part.
edit on 7-1-2017 by RiptKeys because: sp

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RiptKeys

Being Gay is against God's will.

But how is that possible when it was "God" who facilitated the union of egg and sperm that resulted in this person who is, IN FACT, gay?

It is on you to explain how well yeah he created it! or otherwise it would not exist.....but, obvi...it was created ..... and born. So - that's not his fault ------------- how? what....he did it when he was drunk?

offstiseaawot

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: auto3000

It would be a really good start. Religion has taken its tole on mankind. So many wars would never have happened if there were no religions brainwashing people to think and feel the way they dictate.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Did you miss the part that said being Gay was a punishment? Which means you cannot be born with it. Your whole post is dead just based off that.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

edit on 7-1-2017 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Keep believing in a little storybook written by men, haven't doctors or I think scientist have said there proof that some people are born with chromosomes or something like that, that give a male or female gay and that they are born with it

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I meant there's proud that boys and girls are born with something that will make have gay feelings toward the same sex

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: powertec120

I meant to say there is proof, god damn auto correct on my phone

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: powertec120

Yes I know...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

maybe the mother or father was affected from some outside source that gave the extra chromosone or what not that ended up making the person born gay, if they are really born gay that is.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen
Sorry I was trying to reply riptkeys

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Yes, it was all about building up the community. We need more strong men to do labor and be soldiers and we need more women for breeding. Be fruitful and multiply. The global population during the time of Christ was about a million. But now we have over 7 billion, and we are estimated to have over 11 billion by the year 2100. I think we can slow down on the multiplying.

I'm just using logic here. There is nothing wrong with masturbation. There is nothing wrong with having sex and choosing not to have children. There is nothing wrong with homosexuality.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: AMPTAH

hmm. well good information appreciate the insight, whew looks like I have one helluva a lot of wives then...good thing God doesnt frown on multiple wives in the old days eh? Good ol Solomon

Solomon was King. He could afford all those wives.

As long as you're looking after all the wives you acquired during your life, God is fine with that.

God frowns on discarding the wives. For example, he is certainly frowning on Donald Trump for getting rid of each wife when he thinks she is no longer a "10", and going for the younger model. You're supposed to keep the wives, even if you decide to get new ones.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Speaking as a gay person, we are just people, just like anyone else.

Did the marriage / transgender thing get too much spotlight? Definitely.

Do we / could we actually take over and make your family change in any way, shape or form?. Not likely - you guys run your own families.

Coming from an ultra conservative Christian (Catholic) family myself, I am well versed in the 'you're off to hell' argument. It gets tiring after a while. I tried everything I could, up to and including suicide to not be gay. Nothing worked. So here I remain, 'faulty' in the eyes of many but at peace with myself because I know that it is not my fault I am the way I am.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

It could also be that not everyone's a christian..

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

These scriptures do address the topic but, the verses are talking about being given up to their desires....a homosexual is aware that their flesh desires the flesh of the same sex but don't understand why, the desire for many of them is in the flesh not the spirit. In conclusion their flesh goes against their spirit. When many don't understand they give in to the ways of the flesh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join