It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Lol trump had a website people and it explained in detail how funding for a wall would come about and just how mexico would end up paying for it. Tariffs imposed on mexican goods and services, heavy tax on money going to mexico "Explaination= family sends money back to mexico to help grandparents and extended family. 3rd Usa government aid. The usa gives mexico billions in aid that will stop.
The total amount will be used as a running tally. When the tariffs, money taxing, and mexican government aid total the cost amount of the wall then mexico would have paid for the wall. Lol

How ever during its construction we will foot the bill but mexico will be paying for its cost and they are going to cry when they see the bill.
edit on 6-1-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

No. Not yet, anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

Doesn't surprise me. How many campaign promises has Trump broken already??...

Trump may set record for broken promises

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I will never understand why so many Americans hate the idea of a strong border.

Many other civilized countries don't seem to mind having one.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

Is there a country that has a 2000 mile long 30 foot tall wall on their border.

And again why is everyone that is so concerned with a wall on the southern border not concerned at all with one on the Northern border?
edit on 6-1-2017 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

That's right, America, the place that dominates every Olympics like in eternity, that happens to have an military budget that it alone puts to shame all other nations combined, well that very place should just be total sissy like at every other turn. Hell, when people that dont belong here are and they want free benefits, they want to be criminals well its the land of the free, hell, why no? Right? Can you answer the question: WHY NOT?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's right, America, the place that dominates every Olympics like in eternity, that happens to have an military budget that it alone puts to shame all other nations combined, well that very place should just be total sissy like at every other turn. Hell, when people that dont belong here are and they want free benefits, they want to be criminals well its the land of the free, hell, why no? Right? Can you answer the question: WHY NOT?

No. I just dont think a wall will help at all. It will be a big waste om my tax dollars to build it. It will take all of Trumps first term just to get it started and if he is not elected again the next guy will just shut it down.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

It doesnt shock me how many liberals will actively ignore how this will work or wouldn't spend the time to visit his website and look it up. there was a tab on his website that said the wall lol all you had to do was click on it and read.

I visited the hillary clinton website to see her policy. Her website was very interesting in that she took credit for accomplishments she didn't actually do.Her website was written like a padded resume.
edit on 6-1-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

And again why is everyone that is so concerned with a wall on the southern border not concerned at all with one on the Northern border?

Off the top of my head I cant think of any Canadian illegials, they seem fine where they are. They also really don't have a reputation for bringing violence and chaos. Not saying there is no bad Canadian. But.... Yeah.
edit on 1/6/2017 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Canadians are not invading our country and living off the system, last I checked.
I admit it's been a while since I looked into that.

But if there's that many people to the south willing to scale walls to get here, well, I'd say we have an invasion problem.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

American innovation, we used to invent everything. Brought the entire world into modern times with electricity, engines, telephone. Come on people, let's be the first at something again. Actually have a win for a change.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Wait... people still believe there's a wall on the Mexico/Guatemala border? LOL!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

That was my understanding too, that Trump would use both tariffs and imposing a tax on money that is sent back to Mexico through family members. It will be interesting how he is able to finagle the funding for this thing in the interim.

Voters will not be happy if taxes go up, until the money from his original plan materialize. Perhaps money will be diverted from unnecessary government projects to fund this one. I am unsure at this point how he will handle the situation. It will be interesting to see how the team tackles this problem. But if it is not in a satisfactory fashion for his supporters, it might get sticky.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
WHO CARES WHAT CNN CLAIMS EVER?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Really?? I'm not a liberal or a conservative, but you simply can't ignore Trump's back-tracking on many of his campaign promises. As far as Hillary taking accomplishment she didn't actually do, Trump is also doing the same thing and taking credit for things he didn't actually do!

I don't care if you're a Trump supporter, but lets be real and honest about basic facts.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Anybody find it funny that the link provided above is written in the opinions section of the site? Also 9 days after the election. I didn't know he was president already.
edit on 1/6/2017 by Tundra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

American innovation, we used to invent everything. Brought the entire world into modern times with electricity, engines, telephone. Come on people, let's be the first at something again. Actually have a win for a change.

Of all the things we can to draw a line in the sand for to get a "win", why this? We could always try to be #1 in renewable energy jobs, high speed rail, lowest health care costs, or be the first country with no poverty. So why focus on a wall that won't solve the actual problem? (unless you're a contractor that's going to profit from the wall, of course)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

In what sense was Alexander Graham Bell American? 'Engine' depends on what type of engine you are talking about.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

edit on 1/6/2017 by Tundra because: Damn the mobile

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

There's a hell of a lot more sources out there, not just this link. All one has to do is be honest with yourself and realize Trump has reneged on many of his campaign promises. I'll give you one glaring example, he said he was going after Hillary and making sure she would be indicted. No longer on the table.

...He also said he wasn't going to cut Social Security....hmmm, lets be real.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join