It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I'm sorry, Ford.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

originally posted by: goou111

I will never understand why so many Americans hate the idea of a strong border.

Many other civilized countries don't seem to mind having one.

Is there a country that has a 2000 mile long 30 foot tall wall on their border.

And again why is everyone that is so concerned with a wall on the southern border not concerned at all with one on the Northern border?
American innovation, we used to invent everything. Brought the entire world into modern times with electricity, engines, telephone. Come on people, let's be the first at something again. Actually have a win for a change.

In what sense was Alexander Graham Bell American? 'Engine' depends on what type of engine you are talking about.
telegraph, not phone, my mistake.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Tundra

There's a hell of a lot more sources out there, not just this link. All one has to do is be honest with yourself and realize Trump has reneged on many of his campaign promises. I'll give you one glaring example, he said he was going after Hillary and making sure she would be indicted. No longer on the table.

...He also said he wasn't going to cut Social Security....hmmm, lets be real.

Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to get off-topic there. I thought this was about a wall.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

What exactly is the point of a wall? Mexicans have ladders... And shovels.. Just seems so pointless.

This wall will be covered in cctv.. And lol.. Dig a hole under it.. What do you think this is 1800's wild west..

No, it's 21st century America. Where the hell you been?

content.time.com...
www.bbc.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.cnn.com...

Mexicans are some of the best, most creative, and resourceful tunnel makers I've seen.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Looks like the usual group of Trumpetts are running in to defend their Messiah. Trumps promise was that Mexico would pay for the wall NOT America. Looks like you people got played for chumps once again.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
So he builds the wall under the auspices of preventing illegal immigration into the US,
Then a big wall goes up paid for the American people, then a zombie outbreak takes 5 years to cull the US Canada population, after which Mexico reimburses the US in a gesture of thanks for the lack of spillover of zombies into their beautiful civil peaceful country .

a reply to: cavedweller88

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

What exactly is the point of a wall? Mexicans have ladders... And shovels.. Just seems so pointless.

Well, ask Mexico why they built a wall on their southern border..

How about we ask them if it solved whatever problem they built it for?

It's still up so it must have.

There is no wall on the border, although there are sections of fence near official border crossings.[1] The Usumacinta River as viewed from Chiapas, Mexico. The far bank is Guatemala Photo of a landscape of Mexico-Guatemala border, at the right hand Mexico Entrance to Mexico in the Ciudad Hidalgo border crossing Geopolitically, this border represents much of the western and northern boundary of the region of Central America within North America. It is across this border that most of the

en.wikipedia.org...

let me be clear that I am all for keeping illegals out. I just dont think a wall will work. It needs to be guarded by people not fences.

You should never be a war strategist.

Every good strategist in the history of combat knows that having a wall is good for guard.

Castles, forts, walls... Why do you think these things exist?

To hinder those on foot and to provide leverage for the guard.

I'll play chess against you for money any day!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I'm sorry, Ford.

So, you mean a car engine? You may find that's Benz of Mercedes Benz.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Of course it will be funded by the U.S. Duh!!! How do you people think Trump and his buddies will make any money on this unless they handle the finances. Repeat after me.. Baaaa Baaaa

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

I will never understand why so many Americans hate the idea of a strong border.

Many other civilized countries don't seem to mind having one.

Is there a country that has a 2000 mile long 30 foot tall wall on their border.

And again why is everyone that is so concerned with a wall on the southern border not concerned at all with one on the Northern border?
American innovation, we used to invent everything. Brought the entire world into modern times with electricity, engines, telephone. Come on people, let's be the first at something again. Actually have a win for a change.

In what sense was Alexander Graham Bell American? 'Engine' depends on what type of engine you are talking about.
telegraph, not phone, my mistake.

Debatable, simultaneous at best.............

www.reference.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Who the f cares how it gets paid for?
It's part of our NATIONAL security. Who pays for that??
Let's just get it done.

I know, because it's Trump a strong border is a really stupid idea all of a sudden.
Haterz

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Everything's debatable except America innovated the world. Please don't make me draw up a list of the greatest inventions and have to point out the overwhelming American prescence. At a time when the rest of the world had a slight head start, no less.
Let's at least be truthful here if we don't want to be reasonable.

link   
a reply to: VinylTyrant
Not at all. National security is very important. But a wall? Seriously? In this day and age? Talk about a boondoggle. The people on the other side will have tunnels under that before the cement dries.

link   
So funny the Trumpa Lumpas all back tracking deflecting all to try and defend the liar Trump.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

And what's wrong with America funding our wall?
If we had TRILLIONS of dollars for a war that saw no return on investment, surely we can scrape together some billions to build a wall that we can actually see the benefit of.

Haterz all around.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

And there's no way to detect that, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Everything's debatable except America innovated the world. Please don't make me draw up a list of the greatest inventions and have to point out the overwhelming American prescence. At a time when the rest of the world had a slight head start, no less.
Let's at least be truthful here if we don't want to be reasonable.

No, let's you be truthful. You gave two examples, one is wrong, the other is debatable because the telegraph was being developed in two different countries at the same time and many references point the origin to Britain, with of course Morse code being developed by Samuel Morse (American). Of course there have been innovations in America, just as there have in countries all around the world - nothing more special than any other.

In a way though, your response draws us back to the point of this thread - your 'let's be truthful' comment. Trump said many things in the run up to the election and the statement 'We're going to build a wall.............. and Mexico will pay for it' seemed to get the most whooping from his fans. It's now being suggested he was slightly economical with the truth on this and lo and behold even in this thread his supporters seem to be shrugging that off as though they actually knew he was lying but now don't seem to care.
edit on 6-1-2017 by uncommitted because: typo

edit on 6-1-2017 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

No, maybe you should Google Henry Ford and maybe you would see what I mean. I'm sure I was talking about innovating the world.
Also, Benz was not the first to build a car but back on topic here.

BUILD THE WALL

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Symbolic waste of money.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

You are right that he said that. Me personally, I never cared who would pay for it. In fact, I believe we should, it's ours.
I would also say America becoming the world power that it is In such a short time days America in the end was just better. I'm sorry to have to draw it out like that but that is the truth.
Lately, we have seemed to lose our way.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join