It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Desestabilization of Mexico - A Live Perspective

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JakiusFogg
a reply to: kazike

And stop mentioning "universal healthcare" when you're referring to the IMSS. its a joke.

Oh yeah, the universal healthcare is a joke, and this guys are actors being paid by the government:

Seguro Popular

One million Americans are living here and never seen any of them complaining in these forums about a revolution, how strange, I'm starting to think you haven't lived here 7 years, you don't even know the basic facts of our institutions.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kazike
And where am I wrong?, most big protests are in Mexico City, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Michoacan, Zacatecas, Veracruz, Chiapas, Quintana Roo, the very same locations with heavy PRD presence in my map, so I'm going to ask it again, where am I wrong?

In everything you say. You're a paid shill.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

a reply to: JakiusFogg

If you really worry maybe is time to do something else beside posting here, even a little thing can help, I'm an amateur photographer, just a hobby but can take a good pic when lucky,

I don't take photos, I go and physically help old people who have been abandoned in Asilos by their families, supposedly in from within a society that traditionally cares for its old "En casa". That's just what Freemasons here are obliged to do, and so that's what we do.

edit on 5/1/2017 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

a reply to: kazike

And stop mentioning "universal healthcare" when you're referring to the IMSS. its a joke.

One million Americans are living here and never seen any of them complaining in these forums about a revolution, how strange, I'm starting to think you haven't lived here 7 years, you don't even know the basic facts of our institutions.

Like anyone here actually give weight to anything the gringos have to say. You want to see how people faces change when they find out I am not american. Its a #ing relief for me I can tell you! nothing like your daily dose of racism!. But then for a man who follows NFL and tracks his power bills and utilities in dollars when the currency usage is not allowed inside the national territory I know where you loyalties lay

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Now go and look at the World Happiness Report, take any year you want and you will find Mexico in the top 20 of 150+ countries, probably even higher than UK, how do you explain that?, how can that be possibly true if we are in such a sorry condition?

And you keep up with the lies, tell me a day in 2016 where temperature reached 40C in Guadalajara, can't you even accept that you were wrong with that?

1 the world happiness report. take another look, small increase in "happiness" noted since 2005 with a standard deviation in happiness ranked 97 out of 105 meaning, its not all roses everywhere chum. and every heard of the Stockholm syndrome. At least look up the dunning-Kruger effect. Its like whejn people here go on about how beautiful GDL is. and Im like, where? Perhaps I am spoiled having visited the great cities of the world but I just can't get excited broken buildings from 1910 with grafitti on them

and second. You cannot say im wrong about experiencing 40C here in GDL, its my experience, so sucks to be you!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I'm starting to think you haven't lived here 7 years, you don't even know the basic facts of our institutions.

again, you'd be wrong. But hey If Im so soft and naive to live in a Latin american country because I believe that the people here are treated unfairly by the people that are supposed to represent them, but somehow should pay hommage to you for climbing out of the gutter to make something of yourself. Well as I said before, good for you. but don;t think for a minute youre the only one.

Unfortunately it made you bitter and blind to the plight of your fellow man. Now, Im not here to save anyone, if anything Im here to get more "bang for my buck", but the difference between you and me is I dont carry around a chip on my shoulder about how great I am. Us British, we're just born knowing it!!

As you say, don't waste any more of your time on a closed minded person like me (even though you're the onw advocating a politically motivated us and them so screw em attitude). Im just here to try and report what it going on.

chin chin old boy!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Once again ANYWAY!!

back to the reporting from day 3 ish.

Major developments of today, Lots of action on social media warning against fake reports on social media. Reports of stores having being looted with first hand accounts that they WHERE NOT.

Voice messages being passed on whatsapp saying police in plain clothes being used to cause disturbances and looting, other reports stating police recruiting people to cause problems. Various reports "from within" the authorities, all asking people to take care, be careful and STAY IN YOUR HOUSE, as things could get bad or people could be shot etc. Message origins are not known.

General feeling is now that social media is being used to incite panic in a classic problem reaction solution method.

Protests still continuing, but more happening in the more densely populated central and southern areas. However also in the major population centre of the north. Road blocks and protests including reports of interference at PEMEX installation in Coahuila today that say people arrested and taken away by Police.

IN Mexico city there are also reports of students being arrested by Police in several locations. Lots of activity in southern areas of Oaxaca including reports of a "take over" of gas station and PEMEX offices. In Guadalajara only reports of running road block and a take over of a metro station, although there are more protests scheduled for the weekend.

On the site I posted before, I am seeing more activity targeting PEMEX installations. What effect this will have if any on the national gas supply is yet to be seen, however it mist be said that reports of shortages in the north have again been shown to be FALSE.

its still very confused, and quite low key at the moment. I believe the efforts to persuade people to stay in their houses makes it easy to decry those that protest of extremists, and not a popular movement.

Again, there is NO indication of any armed coups, any armed uprising, nor any sign of central coordination on a state / national level. It remains still very fractured.

More to follow.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Looting, Riots In Mexico Spiral Out Of Control Over 20% Gas Hike; Hundreds Arrested

www.zerohedge.com...

As of Thursday morning, 250 stores had been looted and 170 were closed or blockaded in all of Mexico, according to the National Association of Self-Service and Department Stores.

At least 430 protesters were detained on charges of vandalism, including four police officers according to El Universal.

In the Gulf coast city of Veracruz, store guards were overrun Wednesday
by crowds who carried off clothing, food, washing machines, televisions,
DVD players and refrigerators; 50 establishments including convenience stores, supermarkets and big-box outlets suffered looting, according to a preliminary count by the local chamber of commerce.

edit on 5-1-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I have just recieved another voiuce message purporting to be from a Federal Police officer after a meeting with various commanders.

He wanted to let everyone know in an anonymous what that Tomorrow, at precisely 3am in the morning.

The three kings will arrive!!

FELIZ DIA TODOS

PS I actually did receive that message. its a spoof of all the messages I mentioned above that have been flying around today. But it made me laugh anyway!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Im kiwi and I've been in Mexico DF 2 years and confirm this is absolute truth. To the US neighbors concerned this is about Mexicans getting in to the US:
- You are blinded by your egos brothers and sisters.
- Mexico is not the begging homeless people you picture. It is an advanced society with people that have ridiculous amounts of wealth, others that have ridiculous amounts of poverty and most Mexicans want to live here, not in the US.
- Mexico faces what the US is already just beginning to face, an income gap that has reached catestropic levels.
- when you combine this with the US exploiting Mexico for their natural resorces like they blatantly are with gas, you have a recipe for disaster.
- I ask with love and respect that you please deny ignorance, and learn about what and who Mexico really is before you carry on thinking this world revolves around the US.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: byteshertz

Its a fairly predictable response to the income gap. I doubt whether it will stop until theirs a change of government. When you've got nothing then you haven't got anything to loose.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

How is this different from when the electricity in California was deregulated and the power suppliers jacked the rates up sky high?
As I remember the the present (Bush II) told us to suck it up and deal with it. Guess what, we did. We rdid a recall and replaced Gray Davis with Arnie (Who turned out to be no great prize but he was better than Gray)
The Mexican peple can do the same.
edit on 6-1-2017 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

OK I see what you're saying, however the difference between electricity suppliers in California and the Oil Industry is that Mexico as a Country is or a least should be a whole sale oil and petroleum producer, instead thanks to government efforts, it is a Net Petroleum importer, where from, the USA, who supply us with Gasoline refined from Oil sold by Mexico! This is the part that has everyones brain farting!!.

Added to thatg there is a Pemex Gas station in Houston, and five in Texas, that are selling Gasline for $1.54 a Gallon, that is roughly $8 pesos a liter. Here in Mexico near me, it has been $14 a liter for a while and just hit $18.1 as of the first. When you add the socio-economic strains already mentioned within society, and the notion that Mexican natural resources are protected per the constitution as Mexican Patrimony, you begin to see how it is a difference situation that just "sucking it up"

As for replacing the government. There are many who are looking at such options right now.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So last night the President of Mexico, Erique Pena Nieto come on TV and Radio, uttered some platitudes about understanding the plight and anger of people, but satying hey its out of our hands, the price of Petroleum over the last year has risen globally 60% and it is NOT due to the energy reform bill nor increased taxes. But of course we won't mention that in the last 2 years the Peso has fallen (been devalued) from $13.75 to $1 USD on 26 Nov 2014 to $21.49 to $1 USD as of the 4th Jan 2017. Now the concept of the almighty petrodollar is well known there on ATS, so I won't go into that, as it is self explanatory, especially when considering that Mt Nieto STATED CLEAR last night that Mexico IMPORTS the majority of it Petroleum, despite being an OIL PRODUCING COUNTRY who refineries has been sold and or decommissioned and are being dismantled and sold off.

But don''t take my word for it, here is the chart of petroleum price as displaced by the Mexican Government

Segob Petroleum Prices

Csn anyone here see a 60% rise in the price in the last year? Ive been looking hard, and perhaps im blind but I don;t see it.

Further he said the goverment is not receiving 1 cent more in tax from this price rise.

Curently the tax on Gasline is 38% on Magna, 46.37% on Premium and 31.54% on Diesel. Now if someone buys 10 liters of Magna at 14 pesos that is 140 pesos $53.2 pesos in tax. with the new prices the same petrol at the same rate of tax now charged at 18.1 pesos a liter garners 68.438 Pesos of Tax at 28% increase in revenues.

Now he says that this has to happen because the price was artificially low through subsidies, because of all the importing mexico now has to do. And the previous PAN government deliberately wasted 2 million million (metric billion) pesos in fuel subsidies, that could have been used on Infrastructure. Even though from my eyes of seeing Mexico over the last 14 years, the greatest period of infrastructure growth and development was during the PANs time in office. and since the return of the PRI it has been deteriorating rapidly. but anyway.

If these prices are not inflated and kept artificially low due to subsidies, they would mean drastic cuts to social programs, and healthcare lasting years, raising of taxes, or increasing national debt, and in the furture your kids won't go to college will not have education, will not find a job. Basically the country will implode, 2008 George Bush style.

BUT da da daaaa, theyre going to work with the new government in the USA to increase friendship and harmony and word for better conditions etc with their brought back from the dead new secretary of the exterior Luis Videgaray, who was "fired" / "resigned" as secretary of Finance in 2016, but helped arrange the Trump visit to Mexico city, so obviously has good relations there.

All in all the message was (after 4 years in office) its not us, its other countries, its the world, its the last government, we're just trying to protect the most poor of the country because we care. Now realising that rises and expected rises to come directly affects the costs of basic food stuffs, potable water, public transport cost, and manufacturing and farming production costs which the most poor rely on to be kept at reasonable prices to make a measly living on a pathetic poverty inducing 80 pesos a day. or to be honest not much better in a lot of cases, as I have already stated a few times in this thread. So the more well off like our jump in friend from before who don't mind paying the increase, but doesn't give a crap what happens to other people were cited by Mr Nieto as being the 14% the uses 40% of Gasoline, rather than the Majority who use the minority of gasoline. Again failing to acknowledge the challenges that a price in fuel brings.

But don't worry, the strength, heart, passion, culture and patriotism of the Mexican people will see us through, so says he.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

a reply to: digital01anarchy

Re the wall. don't forget it a border of which there are two sides. So unless you want to build it entirely within US territory and cede land to Mexico, people must work on the Mexican side of the line. For which they will require visas, and if not face deportation. that's simply the law.

regarding trade tarrifs. I actually agree with you in part, that imposition of tarriffs will make Mexican goods less attractive to American buyers. as they will not want to pay the duty on imports. So its not that mexico pays, its that the goods don't get bought. And considering there is a massive trade deficit, I figured "the wall" would be funded in thatg way, although I suspect the reason is a populist mechanism to get the base roused, while the real motive is business balancing the books.

And while I admit that Mexico needs trade more then the reverse, don't forget that Mexican production is out performing other Latin American countries, including Brazil, and according to sources in some aspects even Chiynah! So don't count us out yet.

Point is we're currently choking on a populist government that wad voted in 4 years ago and has 2 years (or less) to run.

You're populist government arrives in a few days......

enjoy!

Difference in our governments though is Ours is not ran by the NArco elite. our leaders realize to make themselves rich they have to at least keep their people happy somewhat. We also do not export our problems to other countries either(illegal immigrants)

Your government is finally seeing what decades of corruption breed. I suggest you and your fellows gather up arms and seek change in a more direct way. Maybe by killing off the drug cartels and poloticians at one time.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

According to this article Mexico, has been draining untold amounts of money out of the USA. Its been going on for so long its a substantial part of its economy. If it stops Mexican prices will have to rise and the imported good get more expensive. theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hello, peak oil.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: yuppa

According to this article Mexico, has been draining untold amounts of money out of the USA. Its been going on for so long its a substantial part of its economy. If it stops Mexican prices will have to rise and the imported good get more expensive. theconservativetreehouse.com...

Good. it was going to happen sooner or later so do it now instead.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21733503]yuppa[/po

Mexico seems to be escalating www.thedailybeast.com...

The situation seems to be getting out of hand as they storm federal buildings, police have used live ammo, as they are probably scared stiff, they don't get paid for this.www.youtube.com...
Add to this the crash in the Peso it doesn't look like things will improve any time soon. www.zerohedge.com...

edit on 9-1-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Any update?

If we could do a peaceful revolt and replace a bad politician then I hope you can too.
Not to go all 1984 in the private sector...however I have long been of the opinion that the taxpayer has the right to monitor what any government worker does while at work. Cameras in every office and computer terminal. If they goof off excessively then the people get to vote on eliminating that goverment job.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join