It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP guts ethics panel

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

And, who do we have to thank?

This is turning out to be quite a show :-)

Donald Trump has condemned House Republicans for voting to severely weaken an independent congressional ethics watchdog, the latest sign of his willingness to rebuke his own party.
edit on 1/3/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

She's in a bad spot since she's attracted the special attention of our new emperor, so good luck and godspeed with that. Megyn can hold her own, though she might want to get herself a food taster

Since the election we've seen a turnabout and some actual teeth. Not everyone is bought and paid for - there's a few hardcore renegades left looks like

He can't take on everyone - yet

That kind isn't going to bother with those twits on twitter :-)

edit on 1/3/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
trump did something!! he tweeted, and they dropped it!!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What Trump tweeted is what House leaders Paul Ryan and Kevin McCarthy wanted him to tweet. Ryan and McCarthy apparently argued at the meeting to not be so hasty with the change, that it could be done in the future, not that it should be dropped. Trump tweeted that the Office is "unfair" and even calls it "Independent Ethics Watchdog" (words I would bet on were given to him to use, Trump doesn't understand politics) and tweeted, "Focus on tax reform, healthcare and so many other things of far greater importance!". That last part is exactly what Ryan has said to do.

Paul Ryan is mentoring Trump on how politics is played.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

An hour ago..Trump tweeted about it an hour ago...and another poster in thread added it to the debate...he only criticized the move in the context of "other priorities"...far from a condemnation.

The idea that I left that out of the OP is refuted by the reality of time itself.

My apologies. When I read the CNN article you posted, its title was something like "Donald Trump criticizes House Republicans over Ethics blah blah blah". I thought you left it out on purpose, until I checked back and now it is "House Republicans pull plan to gut independent ethics panel after Trump tweets". I now have to assume it was something completely different when you posted it originally. I suppose since CNN's articles are living documents, it might be pertinent to properly cite articles and their titles.

But now that the plan was pulled, I suppose you and others here will applaud Trump's criticism and the GOP's move to pull the plan?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Paul Ryan said this about Trump after the election. “He turned politics on its head. We will work hand in hand.” Trump's tweet put the spotlight on Trump, which Trump lives for, and made Trump sound tough and smart. Ryan is a pretty crafty guy. I gotta give him credit, he knows how to play The Donald.

"Hand in hand" as in Ryan giving Trump the words/ideas for Trump to tweet by hand. Trump will now bask in some glory and enjoy (for the moment at least) the company of Ryan. Ryan will continue to make sure Trump eats out of his hand. It doesn't matter to Ryan if Trump temporarily takes credit and basks, as long as Trump continues to embrace Ryan and his agenda. And when it comes time to sign Ryan's agenda, Trump will gladly pick up a pen in his hand and do it.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

An hour ago..Trump tweeted about it an hour ago...and another poster in thread added it to the debate...he only criticized the move in the context of "other priorities"...far from a condemnation.

The idea that I left that out of the OP is refuted by the reality of time itself.

But now that the plan was pulled, I suppose you and others here will applaud Trump's criticism and the GOP's move to pull the plan?

I will afford Trump a hat tip, albeit I believe his motives are strictly centered on necessary appearances.

As for the House GOP responding to public pressure and exposure? That's a good thing as it means the public is still able to expose and pressure it's reprentitives when they act corruptly..

As for "applauding" the house GOP for first voting to gut the Ethics Committee and then changing their mind when pressured to? No...That's ludicrous...You don't applaud people for putting the thing they stole from you back when they get caught.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If the House Republicans have in fact reversed, it proves the theory that they have successfully trolled the Democrats once again.

Clever set up wasn't it.

They get the Dems all hopped up and then Trump tweets.

Then it stops.

Next we will see investigations of Democrats for ethics !!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You should have taken that book...His theme since arrival was that "gays, black and poor people" are lesser humans that will and should suffer under Trump.

That's not a decorum issue..

Likely he will return with a new screen name and more effort to speak in code.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If the House Republicans have in fact reversed, it proves the theory that they have successfully trolled the Democrats once again.

Clever set up wasn't it.

They get the Dems all hopped up and then Trump tweets.

Then it stops.

Next we will see investigations of Democrats for ethics !!

That bit of spin BS was not up to the Fox's standards

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Right. Create a fake problem, that names no real names, but promotes those who are against said fake and extremely stupid problem. Trump tweets and saves the day from fake problem, looking like a tough guy who's putting corrupt Republicans in their place.

What a circus!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: 3daysgone

If you can't see why this is bad then you must not be doing much thinking. You probably think deregulation is a good thing as well.

Deregulation of the EPA? Yes.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

No that just makes the people that voted for him idiots. It is no coincidence that many of his voters are from less educated rural areas. Sorry but being the king of the idiots isn't much an accomplishment nor does it mean he is smart in any way.

The only way I would ever call him smart. Is if the way he behaves "off script" is all an act to appeal to the ever growing mass of idiots in this country. Ya know the ones that say " I like him he speaks to my ideals" or in other words he speaks at a 4th grade level so I can understand what he is saying. Oh and he yells and waves his hands which helps keep short attention spans at bay.

So what you are saying is that an idiot beat the MSM, DNC, RNC, and all their supporters? Hmm. I wonder what that says about them. Oh it seems that Trump is against what the right was doing, like you are. Be careful who you call idiots, you may need their help someday.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

And what do you think that will accomplish?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

And what do you think that will accomplish?

It will help job loss.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I will afford Trump a hat tip, albeit I believe his motives are strictly centered on necessary appearances.

“With all that Congress has to work on, do they really have to make the weakening of the Independent Ethics Watchdog, as unfair as it may be, their number one act and priority. Focus on tax reform, healthcare and so many other things of far greater importance!”

A tip of my hat to his writer/handler - the necessary appearances seem a little contrived to me

This is how they'll clothe their nekked emperor. Before you know it we'll all be saying he's A-Okay! :-)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes and create more pollution and problems in the process. Not to mention those that would lose their positions in the epa.

Regan tried deregulation and while it made the epa more efficient. It resulted in the loss of lives and very expensive toxic disasters, but hey it created jobs and people got paid to clean it all up. So it's okay right?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

As for "applauding" the house GOP for first voting to gut the Ethics Committee and then changing their mind when pressured to? No...That's ludicrous...You don't applaud people for putting the thing they stole from you back when they get caught.

And you watch them like a hawk, to make sure it doesn't happen again!

And I think I know when they'll be about to try this again. Watch for deliveries of "circular files" for their newly designed Office of Congressional Ethic.

a reply to: Spiramirabilis

This is how they'll clothe their nekked emperor.

lol Clothes from Paul Ryan's closet.

Yep. Trump will find a way to say that Medicare and Social Security need to be privatized, along with the rest of govt, and, oh, by the way, who needs all these departments and offices, because, for example, clean air and water are overrated.
edit on 3-1-2017 by desert because: thumbs up

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yes he beat them by appealing to the vast amount ignorant voters in this country by putting on a show and making unrealistic campaign promises. Most of the time behaving like a spoiled brat.
The DNC shot themselves in the foot by taking down Bernie. Hell if they would have made Bernie V.P. we would have easily won.

Also it doesn't help that every attack whether false or factual, coming from the left or right aimed at Donald was seen by the ignorant masses as the establishment trying to protect their investments and that trump could do no wrong. When in fact all those idiots did was vote the owners of the establishment directly into office.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

I have got to start reading through the whole page before I post

Also yes desert - Paul Ryan's closet :-)

You ever see The Dresser?

It took a village to get this lump of clay ready for the prom - going to take a few villages more to get him through the next 4 years

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join