It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the new server appear slow to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have to admit once the servers where changed everything seemed just great; however in the past two days it appears that everything is slower.

Is this just me or are others seeing the same on your end?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i think its just you. its slightly slow for me, because ive got an old imac running 5 apps in addition to IE, including aim with a few windows open, and an active irc network with 8 or 9 channels open, and constant page loads, and i open about 5 ats windows at a time. the difference over the old one, i still find, is very noticeable, its fantastic.

check what youre running in the background. or your connection. or your computer.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I find that its slower. Also i've had my share of error messages. I guess they need to work out the bugs in it.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I know why its slow for me ... I'm stuck with a lousy dial-up connection :shk:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's been smokin for me.

Header data processed in 0.029 seconds
Page processed in 0.453 seconds

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Poor Pisky, i did dial up until 2 months ago..ive got DSL but it can get awfully expensive. Gotta love those regular disconnection notices

I specially like being called delinquent..

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I always knew you were delinquent dg

Cable for the Pisky in a couple of months though
(hopefully)

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
It's been smokin for me.

Header data processed in 0.029 seconds
Page processed in 0.453 seconds

*checks stats*

.024 and .347, i win.

Pisky, i remember the date i got cable. may 15th, 2004. i will never forget it. my internet life has evolved so much since then, its amazing.
it also has long outlasted the girl friends i got the same day. *naughty joke comparing suckiness of the two*

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Header data processed in 0.028 seconds
Page processed in 0.215 seconds

It's real fast for me. And no more low-bandwidth mode - I love it.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I just checked my stats and it appears I am about the same as the rest of yuo. I knew it was not my computer since it is a new full flown model with max ram and cpu. I am getting; Header data processed in 0.028 seconds
Page processed in 0.658 seconds.

As you can see while it is fast it is a little high on page process time. I will have to pay more attention to the times and perhaps call RR out again.

Last month they replaced the modem saying it was dropping some nodes when they line checked it, perhaps it is still dropping a few, that is why I asked in the first place.

Thanks

top topics

join