It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Eight to a foot of snow............ must be nice Lorri!!!

Here I am down here in WV and I only got two or three inches of snow max the other night.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimmefootball400

Eight to a foot of snow............ must be nice Lorri!!!

Here I am down here in WV and I only got two or three inches of snow max the other night.

It's only pretty at first, then it gets dirty and icy and dangerous. If the weather warms up in the meantime you get a slushy mess that ices over when it gets cold again. You can have my snow Chooch. I'll have it shipped over as soon as the severe weather warning stops.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Has it started snowing over your area, though? For now my sky is still blue, and I'm not super far from you.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
LuX, I see Gordi explained the workings of the place to you. I keep strange hours, so I am always glad that there is someone here to show the new folks around. Oh, the room you pick out for yourself can be anything you imagine it to be. You can even have more than one if you'd like. Thanks for joining us! I too have lost many people in my life and know how you feel. This will be a great place for you to escape to with some amazing people to keep you company.

As for fishing, I hope you eat the fish you catch. I could never bring myself to kill my own food. Maybe I should start, I would lose a lot of weight! LOL

Gordi, I'm still thinking and praying for your dear Mother. I'm glad your Sister did well! As for income...hmmm. You could always pick up wedding and party gigs maybe? That would take your weekends away though. You're a smart cookie, I'm sure you'll figure something out. Do they have any tourist guides out on your Island? That would be a fun and interesting job!

I saw Mac is back! Congratulations on the Ted Talks! How exciting! I'm sure you will tell us all about it.

Sorry if I missed anyone, you know I love you all. You also know I'm lazy sometimes and don't always feel like going back to answer each and every post.

Pheonix, thanks for the beer explanation. I figured it must be an over the pond kind of thing that I just wasn't getting. LOL

Wis, cold here too. Single digits tonight and lots of snow. I feel like hibernating.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Where are you from again John? My memory sucks! Yes it is snowing now.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Where are you from again John?

Quebec, near the New York border.

Yes it is snowing now.

Oh? I'll try to keep the snowing at a minimum.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I appreciate that! Ah yes Canada!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Thanks 'Raine,
Things will work out.

Here are some giggles for those of you "enjoying" the snow!

BigG

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Those are awesome!!!! LOL!

I'll be back later. Feeling blah and tired. Going to watch a movie. I shall return. Hold down the fort.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Those are awesome!!!! LOL!

I'll be back later. Feeling blah and tired. Going to watch a movie. I shall return. Hold down the fort.

Am I allowed a wee dram??

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Only if you pour me one as well, G.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

On its way shep....

G

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What is the pour? Single malt I hope?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

I finished my Tamnavulin last night, so I'm on a cheeky wee Irish Bushmills tonight!
S'no bad!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Funny - I usually only keep one bottle around (despite my big talk I actually don't imbibe that much) and it happens to be an Irish whiskey. I'll have to go check it out - I don't remember what it is!!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
..... I don't remember what it is!!

ALWAYS a Good Sign!!!! ROFL

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I know, right?

I checked - it's Kavanagh. I think it was the cheapest one at the store - I was surprised how dang expensive Irish whiskey i
Is!!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I'm in Thunder Bay Ontario, Canada.
Supposed to get cold again here over night as well.
It's about -20 C or so right now. So not to bad.

Is wood your primary heat source?
I honestly tried to give it my best, but my house is just to dang big to heat with only wood.
we run on propane furnace, wood stove, and if ever needed for some reason, we also have electric heat.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Nice. I've been to Thunder Bay - it was 30 years ago, but I've been there.

I'm about 7 hours SSW of you - central Minnesota about a half hour outside the Twin Cities Metro

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join