It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Now about weather.

It is 108F here. Want some warmth?

P

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Now about weather.

It is 108F here. Want some warmth?

P

You trying to kill us?
I hate the heat with a passion! Nice to see you Shadow my friend!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hello Wis! Loved the pic you put up in here! Sorry things aren't going well for you. Life sucks, you pay taxes then you die. How awful! Good thing we have our magical and sacred Shed to escape to. Hugs!

Hiya Skiddy and I think I saw Jiminy back there somewhere in a corner! Hugs to everyone tonight! They're free and feel good.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Life seems so insecure and fragile.

YES! I often feel like that too. Makes me feel vulnerable sometimes.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Glad the warmth is being shared around mate !

We have had our share ... 'bout time you crow eaters got some !

Have a few southwarks ..
Lol !

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
G'day all !!

Skid !! Winning !

Gordi .. Glad your sisters op went well !

Night ... step away from the credit card !

WIS ... you are never alone .😊

Everyone else ... all my best !

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Bahahah! All I bought was a medic alert bracelet...so far. I haven't been back yet. I'll have to check on those sweaters I have in my watch list. Still didn't find a dress.

Hope all is well with you! I should get to bed like really soon.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Have a few southwarks ..

Please do not even speak of that poison nor bring any into the Shed, please.

We sell all of that stuff to the Victorians.

P

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Ok, what the hell are you guys talking about? What the heck is a southwark????

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Good evening I just got off work and it was a long long shift we were packed. I just wanted to say hello Night Star.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hi Star!

I just caught this place wow, like a place all it's own.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

It is wonderful, but you see, you put out the bait and you are the only one in here I can harass with out getting rolled in tar and feathers.

LOL - Is that because of my nice nature?? ****sets the fire under the BIG cauldron****
Or because of the witty banter? ****starts plucking the goose feathers****
or because I'm thousands of miles away?? ****tells Jeeves to bring round the plane****

High Note Please.

Uhm, I really don't want to do myself a mischief at my age!!! ROFL

Mirth aside. How is Mum, and Sis and silly work situation?

Mum was very tired and wheezy yesterday. It has been VERY frustrating for us since she was taken back into hospital.
They had her on the "assessment" ward for several days, she's now on a general "Elderly Care" ward but it's been a week since she went back in and they haven't offered her any real treatment for her condition, just oxygen and painkillers.
It is ridiculous and she has definitely slipped back a bit over the last few days.

Sis is doing GREAT!
She is back home recuperating from her cancer Op and is very up-beat about it all.
We are very pleased for her.

Work has ground to a standstill unfortunately.
This time of year is always quiet, but not a single job has come in since before Christmas.
It is definitely not sustainable, and is looking much more likely that I will have to find an alternative source of income.
I'm usually pretty good at coming up with ideas but my heads been full of worry about all the other stuff, so I haven't come up with anything positive yet. It'll all work out I'm sure.

Thanks for asking!

How are things at your end?

Gx

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

Hi LuX,
Welcome aboard!

Yup, the Shed is certainly its "own" place!!

It's a wee haven from all of the arguments, baiting and trolling (unless you're talking about fishing!!! You can do that in the pond out the back here!!).

There's coffee in the pot, beer in the fridge, snacks.... EVERYWHERE!
Pick a chair by the log-fire, grab a drink, and put your feet up - just watch out for the pixies!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hi Gordi, Thank you It's nice being here. It's different from the animal cage outside this door, lol.

Now Fishing, I love to fish. I am an A Class fisher I just hate to admit it. I miss it greatly.

I could use a beer thank you, I prefer Champange though, to be perfectly honest.

edit on 7-1-2017 by LuXTeN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Finally got a decent shot of something moving through here even after the snow fell on Thursday night. I'll just say this, I now know what it feels like to get sandblasted by blowing snow in 15 degree weather. Making way and wasting no time heading for Russell, Kentucky. An empty grain train is seen hauling ass and kicking up a cloud of snow behind it as it passes through town back to the cornfields of the Midwest.

On another note, I had to call in a train to CSX's Emergency Call Center tonight. Grain train passed the house earlier with either a stuck brake or a locked axle shooting out some flame from the wheels. Weird thing is that it was the first time I've ever called in one with a problem.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

...I could use a beer thank you, I prefer Champange though, to be perfectly honest.

One "Black Velvet" coming right up!
(Guinness & Champagne!)

You should get together with our Crappiekat! - She LOVES fishing too!
In fact.... I think several of our shedfolks do!

Do you do any writing LuX?
I help out in the Short Story Forum and we do quite a bit of Story telling in the Shed too.
G

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Ok, what the hell are you guys talking about? What the heck is a southwark????

Beer that we all believe is made from horse urine or something very similar.

Terrible Stuff.

P

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

That's cool, I didn't think people enjoyed fishing as much as I do. I caught a Rainbow Trout once knocked it out and well, the rest is history lol.

I love to write, I didnt win the recent contest but I am so proud of those who did win. It was tough, and well worth the effort.

I would love to write another, yes. If I need help I will ask you, Thank you!

Is there an ongoing story here or is there a new one to be had?

To The Shed

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

I believe that Gordi is a Loch fisherman.

Uses chain as line with an anchor for a hook !

Mum's the word on the bait of choice ... ( word is he uses a hereford cow )

Apparently there is not many of his terget species left ...

edit on 7-1-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LuXTeN

....Is there an ongoing story here or is there a new one to be had?

To The Shed

It changes all the time!!
There is one "main" story that we all dip in and out of and sometimes collaborate on.
It is loosely based in and around the Shed lands in the realm of Accasia, where we right wrongs and battle Ogres, Demons, Witches etc Our characters include Elves, Dragons, Warriors, Magisters, Wolves etc
I think they are finishing off a battle with an evil entity as we type!

At other times we wander off and tell our own solo tales, still mostly based in and around shedland but not exclusively!

Most of us started writing here by telling the tale of how we came to be in the shed!
Is it Real? Is it a Dream? Another Dimension? anything goes and there is no wrong path to it!!
It's a good way of introducing your character into the shed stories too...

The only (loose) guidelines are...
Try to avoid putting specific words and actions into the other "real" characters (just in case it goes against what they would have written for themselves), unless you PM them first to make sure it's ok.
But you can always introduce your own "made-up" characters and use them to bounce dialogue off if you want to!
and
Try and use a different colour for story posts (we tend to use TEAL) so that they are easy to find.

I'd forgotten that I'd seen your name against an entry in the latest writers contest!!! Duh!

Must be getting forgetful in my old age!!

BigG
edit on 7-1-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: to add more info

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join