It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set to blow? Supervolcano Campi Flegrei reawakening near Naples, could hit 500,000 people

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
ketsuko:

There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Certainly describes a volcanic eruption...

There was a great earthquake.

Volcanic tremors swarms precursor to an eruption.

The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, and the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth like figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind."

Initial eruption blasting rock and ash high into the atmosphere, blocking out the sun at a time of a 'blood' moon, and lava bombs raining down like stars falling from the sky.

The heavens receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

The volcano blasts itself out of existence as its shock wave rolls cloud aside and destroys local mountainous terrain and islands swamped by both blast wave and tsunami.

I am not religious, but the parallels are obvious, they certainly knew about earthquakes and volcanoes back then.

jadedANDcynical:

I know that cosmic events have a greater effect upon earth's atmosphere than we (allow for)...Concurrent with the weakening of the solar wind, the Heliosphere will have been 'thinned', thus allowing more of the cosmic zoo of particles to reach the inner solar system.

The solar cycle absolutely plays a part upon the earth's climate as it is one of the dynamic drivers of it (setting aside all our polluting activities for the last 300 years also having an accumulative contribution effect on climate). The following theoretically explains something on the solar cycle and its affective contribution to our climate.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It would seem logical to expect that a weakening in the solar wind would allow deep space particles in to bathe the inner planets, but just how affective they are or could be on our planet needs greater investigation. Here on earth our concern with regards to the solar wind and deep space particles has to be for the earth's magnetic shielding, and how it too fluctuates in strength.

Recently solar scientists have been able to identify certain aspects of the workings of our planet's core.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Apart from generating our protective magnetic shielding against the solar wind, solar flares, and CMEs (coronal mass ejections), and also shielding us from other particle storms from deep space, the rotating liquefied iron and nickel core would to my mind be very affective on the mantle and the lower bedrock of the earth's outer crust, and thus on tectonic plate movement.

The fluctuating speed of this iron and nickel 'jet stream' would act like a pump giving rise to negative and positive pressure (up and down) fluctuations at the surface, and that this could possibly be a more affective dynamic for the cause of tectonic quakes leading to volcanic activity (think in terms of pushing your hand down on a mattress and releasing the pressure at different rates).
edit on 23/12/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Did you see my question about acoustic gas flares?

It would seem as though the Banco della Montagna is venting through a series of pockmarks. Below is a high resolution InSAR image of the dome: (direct .pdf link)

I'll look for it later, but there was a paper that showed concentric subsidence with colocated uplift in the central portion thus making a bullseye character to the fault systems when viewed from above.

And I'm pretty sure it was centered on this area of degassing in Naples Bay.

edit on 23-12-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Oops, I was responding to Jaded and instead of erasing your "original posted by" notice I deleted Jaded's.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
If you ask me, I think the Russians are interfering with the volcano

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
1. Does anyone think all the 6 and 7 plus earthquakes around the world are a lead up to something bigger...like this super volcano triggering ?

2. Could this be the event that makes "Europe an uninhabitable wasteland" as foreseen by Baba Vanga

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Rev. 6: 12-14 I'll bet that verse was actually based on the destruction of Thera....!a reply to: elysiumfire

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Xst... Something Big is about to take place.

The Ring Of Fire is explosive now, It waits for no one. Mother Nature waits for no one, and if you try to stop her, you'll get the bird, the big middle finger.

Be Safe.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
do'nt underestamate the fact that the campi caldera is now partly under water...
the water makes it moore an explosive eruption as we could see by Thera and Krakatau
meaning that the eruption won't take long ....water pressure wins from magma pressure...
in an coupple of day's...
40.000 years ago the complete campi caldera was landbased.... the supervolcano killed herself by submerging....
so... wat we can expect is an huge explosion and an eruption for an few day's
after that an new mountain will rise up like anak krakatau
edit on 24-12-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Just wondering; are there any nuclear plants in that area?

Edit; according to Google, only non active ones, or ones being dismantled right now.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Snellius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Snellius

Oh your a ray of sunshine arnt you

yes there are 4

two to in the vicinity of milan way to the north around 300 miles away

Garigliano Nuclear Power Plant is only about 45 miles away near Campo Felice however it is permanatly shut down don't know if or how much
nuclear material may be still on site.

Then there is Centrale Nucleare di Latina which looks around 90 miles away which is still online so may be at some risk.
edit on 24/12/16 by ShayneJUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So isn't this great? They put the Vesuvius Observatory, which also handles Flegrei, right IN the caldera itself. So if the thing blows big and fast, all they will see will probably be huge tremor signals, and then POW... All the networks, data, and volcanologists will be wiped out before the public and the world even knows it's happening. Outer perimeter networks will have to take over, and those will be likely staffed with seismologists, not volcanologists.

I mean this is a total cluster**** just waiting to happen.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

The Ring Of Fire is explosive now, It waits for no one. Mother Nature waits for no one, and if you try to stop her, you'll get the bird, the big middle finger.

Be Safe.

I would not rule out Toba either. With a massive fish die off last year and locals worried about the ground getting hot here, its a time bomb with a fuse that just keeps on getting shorter. The problem perhaps, is trying to ascertain the dangers of these super volcano's, without a historic baseline to determine their extremes.

With snow falling in the sahara here, I don't think it will take much to send the climate back into another ice age.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I remember some time ago coming across a Nostradamus prediction for a big eruption in Naples. I cant seem to find that again.
But this is interesting
six underwater volcanoes discovered miles from Vesuvius
That was only in October, it seems that area is far more dangerous than thought, and that is saying a lot considering Campi Flegrei.

I am due to visit family in Naples next summer, I now fear for them, and it seems the latest news is not very well reported in Italian media! Only found a bunch of more scientific italian sites talking about it.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire

originally posted by: ScreamingNinjas
It's the end of the World

And I feel fine.

Good song

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

These threats are always censored it
seems to save panic. But what about
those who would make good rational
decisions with the right info? I guess
they don't count for much either.

edit on Rpm122416v51201600000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

originally posted by: JesusXst

Be Safe.

I would not rule out Toba either. With a massive fish die off last year and locals worried about the ground getting hot here, its a time bomb with a fuse that just keeps on getting shorter. The problem perhaps, is trying to ascertain the dangers of these super volcano's, without a historic baseline to determine their extremes.

With snow falling in the sahara here, I don't think it will take much to send the climate back into another ice age.

I remember a few years ago Egypt getting snow in the desert. Before that, it hadn't snowed there in a few decades but now, it's becoming more frequent.

I absolutely believe a mini ice age is on the horizon, however many wish to ignore that is up to them.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Something that has bothered me about all this 'secrecy' about their data. Do you think it could have anything to do with the fact those seismologists got imprisoned for 'not warning the public' when the earthquake struck l'Aquila? That's why they have clamped down on any public data?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

A couple of things to consider:

1. What is Italy's budget where this is concerned? Italy has a very poor financial situation as a country. I'm pretty sure that geology might get shuffled fairly far down on the list of priorities.

2. What are the regulations on something like this where the EU is concerned? Brussels just loves to stick its overbearing nose into things, and it might be taking control of information in ways that are surprising.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Both points are valid, but it still doesn't detract from the possibility that they are keeping info behind closed doors as the jailing of the two seismologists for not giving enough warning was condemned worldwide
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: SoulSurfer

And I do know there is a Cayce prediction that talks about Volcanic action in Italy that causes a massive quake in California.

Yes, but prophets aren't supposed to intentionally prophecy unless they are commanded to by God.

Which makes Cayce and Joseph Smith Jr. complete frauds.

Deuteronomy 18:20

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Miracula2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join