It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set to blow? Supervolcano Campi Flegrei reawakening near Naples, could hit 500,000 people

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Academical live is sound in Italy and even politicians know they are sitting on fault line. It is not budget problem.

Data from various instruments are probably "public" for participants of international projects and scientific unions. It have nothing to do with lawsuit with seismologists.

As I know EU is not regulating volcanoes in any way. For sure they will start sooner or later

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Something that has bothered me about all this 'secrecy' about their data. Do you think it could have anything to do with the fact those seismologists got imprisoned for 'not warning the public' when the earthquake struck l'Aquila? That's why they have clamped down on any public data?

Rainbows
Jane

Actually that thought had crossed my mind too about the jailed seismologists. But first, we need to back track a bit here, and be clear. On the first page of this thread I gave you a link to a webicorder plot of real time data from a station right in the caldera there. So we can't exactly say they are being "secretive" about it. Or can we? Well, no more than for example, the Indonesians are being with Toba. At Toba there is one station allowed to be public, but curiously it is not anywhere close to where the deformation is happening- and it is owned by a different network.

And see that's just the thing. It's easy to provide data that can appear in various forms to suggest little or nothing is happening there, when in fact, a glimpse at other closer stations may tell a completely different story. But not if the public can't see them or get access to the data. And by the way, you should check your private messages more often.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Thank you and I have

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I would just like to take a moment to
say thank you to TA for always bringing
us truth. Despite any differences we may
share. You are a great member of ATS.
And you have my respect
edit on Ram122516v29201600000051 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

I'm just thinking about the situation we had in NOLA with the levees. Everyone knew that NOLA sat in a large bowl that was a major flood trap and disaster waiting to happen. There were extensive levee systems and funding was set aside for their upkeep and even modernization ... but ... as a friend of ours who lived there pointed out, bureaucracy and bureaucratic corruption were an art form. Every levee had its own little committee that was supposed to oversee it and make sure the money went toward its upkeep. However, what really ended up happening is that the committees became cushy ways to reward one's political pals and they lined their pockets with the money.

Sure, Italy is seismically active. Sure Campi Flegrei is nominally a major supervolcano. But those, like a big hurricane hit on NOLA, are all things that will happen tomorrow, someone else's tomorrow. Corrupt bureaucrats can get rich today and that's all that matters.

From what I've seen of Italian politics, admittedly little, but what I've seen has not reassured me that somehow their geology department is completely free of corruption.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
a reply to: ScreamingNinjas

Well I'm not fine I've only had 6beers so the volcano gonna have to wait,I got an earthquake coming

Haha

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Probably lot of corruption on level of stolen thesis. There are no big money. Construction projects violating safety measures are another chapter and here is mafia active.

I'm composing letter to one of best Czech rep. geologist and I'll echo your questions. Who knows, may be we can get API to database.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Sure, Italy is seismically active. Sure Campi Flegrei is nominally a major supervolcano. But those, like a big hurricane hit on NOLA, are all things that will happen tomorrow, someone else's tomorrow.

And that, right there, is the biggest beef I have with scientists. The fact that at like Maule, with the highest inflation rate in the world, they still have the arrogance and self-confidence (with a very unpredictable thing such as a volcano) to keep the alert level at green, risking all those lives in the process.

That said though, without evidence I wouldn't go accusing them of corruption.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't know TA, if thousands of people
die in a blast with an alert system that
was meant to serve them. But the system
was ignored? What else do you call that?
edit on Ram122516v34201600000055 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I'd be more worried about the system and all its capacity being destroyed in a major eruption of Flegrei. Utter stupidity to put that observatory in the caldera. At least the YVO has the good sense to be in Menlo Park, CA, way the heck away from the YS caldera.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

No shotage of real worries involved with
this situation to be sure. And I presume
that includes a massive tsunami.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

I have the same belief. Unfortunately the affects of another mini ice age (massive crop failures etc) are far worse than the affects of global warming, so hopefully real science will eventually overcome the political will to squeeze more taxes from the shrinking employment base.

Winter is coming.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
... I remember some time ago coming across a Nostradamus prediction for a big eruption in Naples. I cant seem to find that again. ...
[Quote edited down by JM]

Well, for what it's worth, I think the closest one would probably be quatrain 10 / 49, which reads:
Garden of the world near the new city,
in the road of the hollow mountains,
It will be seized and plunged in the tank,
[Note: some translations have "tub"]
forced to drink water poisoned by sulfur.

Comments:
Naples / Napoli was anciently called Neapolis, which literally means "New City".
"Garden of the world" could be taken to mean the very fertile lands around (due in part to the volcanic ash).
"in the road of" could mean "direction" or "line" and "hollow mountains" suggests traditional stratovolcanoes. (Like eg Vesuvius is effectively a "hollow mountain".)
The next line indicates violence and/or suddenness (there's nothing peaceful and gentle about being seized and plunged), and the "tank" or "tub" could be the supervolcano's caldera.
The last line seems a pretty clear reference to the surroundings being affected by volcanic activity, from fumeroles on up the scale.

A while back, q. 10/49 was being taken by some as a reference to 9/11, with the "new city" being New York. However, when we have a major city that is literally called "New City" and which has "hollow mountains" (volcanoes) in its immediate vicinity, Naples seems a better fit than NYC.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
good link to all quatrains..
awww.nostradamusquatrains.com...
P/S quatrains 50 and 51 are also related...speaks about the Laachersee volcano.....
at 50 [Flood in Lorraine, betrayed by the great urn.]
the great urn = campi.....

reply to: JustMike

edit on 25-12-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
chain reaction if campi goes....?

Century 10 - Quatrain 50
The Meuse by day in the land of Luxembourg,
It will find Saturn & three in the urn,
Mountain & plain, town, city & borough,
Flood in Lorraine, betrayed by the great urn.

Century 10 - Quatrain 51
Some of the lowest places of the land of Lorraine,
Will be united with the Low Germans,
Through those of the see Picards, Normans, those of Main,
And they will be joined to the cantons.

edit on 25-12-2016 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

I have the same belief. Unfortunately the affects of another mini ice age (massive crop failures etc) are far worse than the affects of global warming, so hopefully real science will eventually overcome the political will to squeeze more taxes from the shrinking employment base.

Winter is coming.

It would be like Sudden Death if it struck. Millions would die ina short period of time. But that's what they want isn't it. Unprepared people who are looking for a global warming scenario only to be hit with the complete opposite. The Georgia Guidestones IS their final adgenda. Unless some kind of Miracle takes place, the whole world will appear as though Hell froze over. Glad i'm in great shape now, I've got a high chance of survival compared to some who may not have a chance in hades.

Indeed ... Winter Is Coming.
edit on 25-12-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

That's something I have never considered and it does make sense. Their climate change does make a great cover, in the short term, catching populations unprepared. Whilst they survive on survival food that they have increasingly stock piled.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

That's something I have never considered and it does make sense. Their climate change does make a great cover, in the short term, catching populations unprepared. Whilst they survive on survival food that they have increasingly stock piled.

They've got some type of an Arc filled with grain, non GMO grain somewhere possibly in Europe I don't know for sure where it's being kept. They're really bad at hiding this stuff, and like all psychopaths, want us to know just enough about it to glorifiy themselves.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXstI think it's in Norway...or maybe Finland.

I must say that I have been terribly uneasy about Rainier for a long time...but now I'm pretty freaked about Campi.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

Thanks I knew it was somewhere in that direction.

It seems there's a lot of Volcanic activity going on all over the world right now. I hope it ends well, but I have a feeling it may not.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join